1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad News for DP Writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by marketjunction, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    Sacre dieu... it's true!!!

LOL, that guy paid the highest cost to "impersonate" your uninteresting headlines :D

Michelle Michan, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It had nothing to do with "impersonating" headlines. And for the record, since several folks in this thread also posted there - you may NOT make discussion-oriented posts in threads started in the marketplace. If you're interested, PM the OP. If you have a legitimate sales question that applies to everyone, ask in the thread. Anything else is grounds for an infraction. I had to delete more than 20 posts over there.

jhmattern, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. blackknyt

blackknyt Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with this wtf is with the heading

blackknyt, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sentence is appalling grammar by the way: "Let's me ask you something." - Let us me ask you something? :)

Astroman, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep. I was waiting for someone to say that.

I'm curious about our reading habits. Will something like that (a phrase we've all heard a million times) be read in the mind as it should have been written OR will we catch the mistake?

You caught the mistake. How many here didn't notice?

I did another test today where I purposely messed up 3 very common sayings in a long article. I had the subject read the article aloud.

You know what? The reader read what SHOULD have been written rather than what was written.

Interesting.

marketjunction, Aug 19, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  6. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I missed it. The first time I read the post, I scanned it, then went back and read the parts I thought looked interesting. I already knew it didn't really contain bad news, because I hovered my mouse over and read the first few words.

Now I did notice you said "Make you look" instead of "Made you look." I thought maybe that's how they say it where you're from. :p

In your test, did the reader notice the mistake and correct it on purpose? Or did he/she actually miss the mistake all together?

latoya, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  7. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that and maybe many others did too. Maybe the OP was drunk or was intentionally "writing" so.
    If a writer who makes zillions ;) like Marketjunction makes such silly errors habitually, we writers are all doomed :eek:

Donts yu agree?

lightless, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  8. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    The subject didn't see it initially. This is why I do these things. I'm fascinated by the mind and how we work as individuals.

The subject's mind evidently saw what it "expected" to see and that's what came out.

marketjunction, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  9. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    I didn't caught that mistake or any other because my mind read it as it was supposed to be read, by the way, is "let us me ask your something" the correct sentence? :confused:

I would put it as "let me ask you something," but of course this can be something to do with my English learning.

I missed the drunken fakt so I donts now if me agree :D

Michelle Michan, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Right, let "us" ask you something is incorrect. Let "me" ask you something is correct.

marketjunction, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  11. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, that isn't correct, I was simply expanding the 'let's' to show that it's 'let us', and demonstrating what a grammar geek I am.

By the way, I didn't realize marketjunction made zillions! If I had I might have asked for funding for my trip to Barnard's Star, which of course I would pay back as soon as I got back from there. :)

Astroman, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  12. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should hang around the copywriting section more ;)

lightless, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  13. RACER

RACER Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say, someone who is inexperienced or lacking confidence should choose to be educated in becoming a "better" writer. Those of us who consider ourselves well equipped and ready to rock would be more likely to request that you "show us to the money, please."

RACER, Aug 23, 2008 IP