1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EZineArticles Article Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I use StatCounter so I can tell exactly which article makes a sale - although it takes a bit of detective work.

As far as this journal goes - I think it will be going on somewhat of a hiatus as packing/moving is getting really intense now - I just won't have time to do a bunch of articles for awhile - until I get situated in my new place. But that doesn't mean I'm abandoning this - I will complete it - It just may be a little while longer than I was originally anticipating.

Zibblu, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. dljackson1

dljackson1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a little late for the party. Just wanted to wish you success with your experiment. If you're getting click thru's to the product site, eventually you will make sales. Or maybe you need to rethink some things. Anyway, good luck (as if luck has anything to do with success).

dljackson1, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you track your articles rankings?

hornetss, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't use a tool for it or anything. I just do it manually, I search Google for the target keyword phrase and then see where my article ranks for it (if it does.)

---

UPDATE:

As I mentioned previously, I'm putting this on somewhat of a hiatus (as far as writing new articles) because of the crazy amount of stuff I have to do with packing up for my big move. But I did want to update today because last night I made my first sale! That's $31.40 as an affiliate for this new account (made specially for this experiment.)

Here are the overall stats on my current 15 live articles for this project:

531 Article Views
    161 URL Clicks (30% CTR)
    1 Sale

It also says I've had 0 EZine Publishers on these articles which is a little strange I usually have at least 1 on most of my previous articles. But I have seen one of these articles (with links included) used on another site by someone so I know that's not entirely accurate.

Still no indexing of my domain by MSN & Yahoo! which is in great contrast to Google which indexed it the very first day after my first articles were live.

---

Google rankings for my "online diet" keyword targeted articles. These rankings are for the terms without quotes.

#6 2900/82700/546 ---> No Ranking (I checked first 3 pages)
    #7 1000/11500/160 ---> No Ranking
    #8 390/94300/62 ---> #19
    #9 210/4440/49 ---> #7
    #10 140/3340/36 ---> #2

These numbers correspond to:

Google "Phrase" Searches/Google "Phrase" Results/Google intitle:"Phrase" Results

BTW, search results with quotes are as follows:
    (I don't care too much about these because I really don't think "real people" ever search with quotes, I hope I'm wrong.)

#6 ---> #5
    #7 ---> #3
    #8 ---> #3 & #4 (another one of my articles indented under)
    #9 ---> #3 & #4 (ditto)
    #10 ---> #1 & #2 (ditto)

As you can see, it's a helluva a lot easier to get great rankings with "quote" searches!

Zibblu, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  5. outspan

outspan Active Member

Best Answers:
    congrats on your first sale ;)
    Do you think writing articles could be good for me even if I don't sell a product in my site but I'm just looking for new visitors?
    I was thinking about republishing some of my original articles that are on my site on eZineArticles.com and put an URL to my site in the author box. Has any of you tried that? Is it effective?

outspan, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Congrats on the sale. How many hops did it take?

mikey1090, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've had 119 hops with that account so far. I think a good portion of them were probably people clicking through from this thread though... So not too accurate really.

What I really care about is the sales ratio vs. articles/url clicks. I think hops are somewhat overrated as a metric --- It's the unique visitors to a page vs. sales that I care about. Hops often seem somewhat arbitrary - as in... the same person counted multiple times, etc.

Zibblu, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  8. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on the first sale! :) I am looking forward to hear more good news from you :) All the best!

cheekui, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  9. boddog

boddog Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Luck
    I think Ezarticles is the best way to now days

I am hiring some professional writers to write me some article
    and submit them to Ezarticles
    I hope i will get some traffics and sales and rank high in SE too :)

boddog, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Small update: I just got my second sale with this experiment.

I still have just the first 15 articles up - I probably won't have anymore up until my move is completed and I'm settled in at my new place.

Overall stats so far:

15 Live Articles
    619 Article Views
    205 URL Clicks (33% CTR)
    2 Sales ($62.80 as an affiliate)

My article views seem to be slowing down (only 88 since my Aug. 14 update) but I think my higher CTR (44 clicks on those 88 views for a 50% CTR) is an indication I'm getting more targeted traffic and the second sale reinforces that idea.

I'm pretty happy with 2 sales out of 205 URL clicks actually, sure I'd like better but that's a better conversion rate than I've had promoting a lot of other CB products via EZ articles.

Zibblu, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  11. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to promote your product can you share your landing page here and some tips..or by pm so i could get more idea..
    I am a newbie and trying to learn affiliate marketing..

Hope you will help..

Robert25, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  12. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, Robert. zibblu has a great product, so it would be smart promoting it. As for tips. Try to get your ctr as high as possible in your articles. If your not getting 30% Plus, Your Failing. Try to pump out as many articles as possible. Do keyword research and last but not least watch the 33 dollar sales come in!!!

hornetss, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  13. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice. Just do what you can, when you have the time. I know updating a journal can be a pain in the butt.

I'm going to promote it too when I get a little free time to set up a landing page. I think the direction the product takes is such a clever one.

Supper, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  14. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hornetss and zibblu, To helping me out...:)

Robert25, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  15. Gold Sales

Gold Sales Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any update on this journal OP ??
    I am really interested on seeing how this turns out. What are the latest stats, anymore sales ? Its been a few days since last update.
    I have just started on a similar project myself with a similar affiliate products too and am looking for any tips I can pick up from your experience and this DP journal.

Gold Sales, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  16. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He said, he's moving home, so he won't update this for some time.

I think he should be back soon.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  17. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My article CTR has increased massively thanks to his advice :) yesterday an article of mine on forex was published and it got 8 clicks from 13 views. Perfect :)

mikey1090, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have been in the midst of moving for the past week - and really I'm still getting settled in (tons of moving in stuff I'm dealing with now) - so there will be a bit of a delay with this - but I will pick it back up where I left off - probably starting next Monday.

Zibblu, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  19. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you posting the articles to your own website also? If so are you creating a new Google Sitemap each time you post to you site? This should help you a little bit. Something to think about anyway.

billaaa777, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  20. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many sales?

Twan, Aug 31, 2008 IP