1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad News for DP Writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by marketjunction, Aug 16, 2008.

1. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting at what? That I am not into MLM and never tried. What is there to say I have read through enough to know that many have sales pitches that sound similiar. I am sure yours is not an MLM. It just sounded close to it. Thats all.

So it sounds like your challenging me to something. But if so politics and I dabble into other stuff. And I know your next question would be where are they published versus yours being on Youtube and twitter(with 150 character text). If not why the question or where are you going with your point. The only thing of interest that you posted on twitter for me was
    Which was posted 8 months ago. And you only have 6 followers.

It sounds like a self promo to up your twitter followers. BTW I believe twitter now only allows up to 2000 followers. I believe I read that on Shoemoney's blog as well.

I am sure your product will benefit someone. If anything if you have a sample for me to preview outside being a twitter follower of yours I would be glad to see and read if that is what you are aiming at. Other than that, substance wise I see little of following you on twitter. In addition at least you are working on Squidoo. Would be more interested following there than on twitter.

lpstong, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

What else?

marketjunction, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  3. ecksit

ecksit Peon

Best Answers:
    What else what?

ecksit, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  4. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Not at all. I'm not going to get into a "where were you published last" thing, as that's childish. I've been doing this long enough to not care and I'm hoping you don't either. :)

I was wondering if you were a writer, because this is a writer's area. That's all. And that's my target audience.

I once was into politics, writing, participating in campaigns, PolySci classes, but it wore me down. Kudos to you for keeping up with it. I hope to one day recharge and go forward.

Actually, I was going to gun for a political beat, but there's not enough money as a typical NP journalist for me.

Yeah, I don't use Twitter at all. It's more or less an experiment (in boredom really). Honestly, I never liked it, but I'm now playing with it again. Not really interesting in 2,000 followers though---just some friends to share thoughts with back and forth.

I just replied to someone who got a key message from my post (I tend to post in riddles here and have fun).

I was thinking of posting a "writing headline" tips thread and knowing what the audience is most interested in helps. And I'm glad to see someone got one of my "points" from this "encoded" message.

Well, good luck with your writing/marketing/whatever.

5. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    LOL.

I was wondering what your other thoughts were on the matter since you got one of my "points" of this whole post.

6. ecksit

ecksit Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL.

You're stupid. You're no where near as convincing as you believe you are.

ecksit, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  7. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Okay.

Well, I guess that could be a point of the post too.

Nice to see you coming back to an uninteresting post from a stupid person. :D

8. TheAdultBiz

TheAdultBiz Banned

Best Answers:
    says your signature has been hacked
    What is that a new cyber crime?

TheAdultBiz, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  9. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I hacked myself. :)

That's for noticing.

Have a good day. :)

10. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread itself is like a MFA site, click into it seeing something and click out of it the moment you click in....

godsofchaos, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  11. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Poor Jason - It just doesn't seem to be your day, does it?

It's a shame your stupidity and inexperience have been made public. And you kept the secret so well to date.

Here's to the uninteresting posts of the world!

Thanks for the follow, btw. Now I'll have to post some uninteresting posts of my own to begin my own MLM scheme...

internetauthor, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  12. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, so many responses to such an uninteresting post.

The funny thing is, the bad news the title warned about is in OP, but people missed it because it seemed wrapped up in an MLM scheme.

Anyhoo, I wouldn't want an audio presentation on either. I hate listening to things.

latoya, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  13. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only scheme was to get people to follow the OP in twitter hence the catchy title with the unteresting hyped up post.

The link in the OP's sig was the link to his twitter account.

lpstong, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  14. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not in Jason's head (thank goodness), so I can't say for sure, but I've seen him mention this concept for an ebook/manual/podcast many times over in various threads.

I think he's just feeling out the interest for a product and threw the twitter thing as an experiment.

Knowing Jason, he's now just having a really good time with the drama his original question seems to have stirred up.

btw - I agree with Latoya. I read about 3 times faster than most people speak. I'd much rather read something than hear it. I'm a total audio book hater.

internetauthor, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  15. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    WOW, so many threads and you are stuck in the middle of MLM, all your posts are trying to make sure to... who?... that you have nothing to do with those schemes, thing that none of us really care since Jason already said this more tha once: this forum is mostly visited by writers.

And I believe your aren't a writer because you joined in January 2006 and didn't realize who is behind Market Junction.

I just joined a few days ago and I have learned enought about him to assure you he doesn't really needs Twitter or any other social bookmarking or whatever scheme.

By the way, I am with both Latoya and Rebecca, I hate when some people is trying to make you listen, or even worst, watch a video to learn what you would easily read faster.

Michelle Michan, Aug 17, 2008 IP
    marketjunction likes this.
  16. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed it is an idea he is obviously working out. It is to bad he had changed his sig link. And someone had pointed out his originial sig link earlier in this thread. And yes he was playing around with a social network like twitter hence his post in the 1st one. He states follow his link in his sig which was his link to his twitter account. And if you had been follwing what his idea you would obviously see if for what it is worth.

And I made myself clear earlier that I am not a follower of MLM schemes. And MarketJunction made it clear his idea is not and was not MLM scheme like. So if you read the thread through you would have known.

As far as when I joined and who is really behind Market Junction are irrelevant. No connection what so ever.

And to Market Junction good luck in your endeavor and hope it works out.

lpstong, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  17. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    You keep calling it uninteresting, but you also keep coming back to comment on it. :confused: I don't know about you, but I'm far too busy to comment on boring posts.

Marketjunction outright said the post wasn't about twitter, but to gauge the mindset of the people on this forum when it comes to writing for money.

latoya, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  18. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Having a bad hair week eh? Been there ..... done that.

This thread proved bad news indeed for a particular writer. :p

lightless, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  19. ashvaj

ashvaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's been nice refreshing with all these catchy posts !

ashvaj, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  20. neena123

neena123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah threads here do have a trend of digressing from the original topic, and this seems to be the case here as well.

neena123, Aug 18, 2008 IP