1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have A New Forum & $75. How To Promote It ?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by theblogger, Aug 15, 2008.

Hi

I have a new forum related to a particular city. I have around $75 to market.
    How should I spend this small amount of money to promote my forum.

Any tips for promoting are also welcome.

theblogger, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  2. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    use adwords or advertise on my site :p

campolar, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  3. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say adwords and you can also advertise on my site Free Ads and thats totally FREE !!! How cool is that.

Mega B, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  4. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Posting your forum's URL in your post / signature will also help you in promoting your forum.

I would suggest you to buy advertisement space on some very high traffic websites.

glitto, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  5. theblogger

theblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    Do you think it will be good idea to pay some forum posters to post on my forum

theblogger, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  6. Denis_Corkovic

Denis_Corkovic Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it should be good idea. If you want I can do some job for you. Paid posters were work for me on some of mine forums and it was good
    Thanks!

Much Regards,

Dennis Corkovic ;)

Denis_Corkovic, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  7. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start a youtube channel and name it the same as your forum. Then start publishing videos about the attractions around the city.

Once you have subscribers and traffic going to your youtube channel, approach some of the local businesses and tell them about what you are doing. Offer to do a video on their business for a small fee, say $25. For that $25 they will get a video on youtube, a link to their website and promotion on a website with <insert your site stats here>. Do the first couple of videos for a very small fee, say $5. Then you can tell the other businesses that these other people have let you make a video for them.

You are going about this backwards. The point is not to "spend" money, but to "make" money. Youtube is one of the best free options to promote your business. Once you are getting thousands of subscribers and thousands of views, you can use that as a selling out for your site and business.

Examples: My youtube channel is in my signature

Here is a video I where I mention a guys website - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65br-xiDFw Notice there is a link to the guys site in the video description. The guys website address is visible from about 1:40 - 2:00 in the video.

You can sell ad space in these types of videos, links in the video description, have google adsense in them, and embed them into your site. This provides you several ways to make money.

So stop "spending" your money and start "making" money.

~kev~, Aug 17, 2008 IP
    Denis_Corkovic, theblogger and d3wlin like this.
  8. Denis_Corkovic

Denis_Corkovic Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, You asked for rep and it can give you -rep but I gave u +rep :p

Denis_Corkovic, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  9. theblogger

theblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @kev ... you have a very elaborate business plan in mind. Thanks for the advice. Will surely look into this option.

theblogger, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  10. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, but its more then a business plan, this is being implemented in real life.

Once you have your video channels up and running, you can reuse the videos over and over on different video hosting sites. This is a strong selling point. Make one video, then upload it to different video sites.

Dailymotion - http://www.dailymotion.com/survivalistboards
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/survivalistboards
    Yahoo video - http://video.yahoo.com/mypage/video?s=1237490
    Break.com - http://my.break.com/Member/Profile/mypage.aspx?MemberNickName=survivalist
    Metacafe - http://www.metacafe.com/channels/survivalistboards/

If I had an extra $75, I would invest that and a little more into a good video camera or some video editing software. If you need a camera, buy that and use windows movie maker to edit your videos.

Your $75 will get a lot more advertising through a physical item then spending it in cyberspace on banners or ads.

Then, when you approach a business owner and tell him/her you can make a video, publish it on several video sites for a very small fee. With thousands of subscribers and views, you have leverage to bargain with.

Personally, I think buying banners, adwords or forum post is a waste of time. And I have the stats and numbers to back up my statements. But that would be another thread.

:cool:

~kev~, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  11. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget directiory submissions, Social Bookmarking, and try making a few Squidoo lenses about it with links to your forum... (Squidoo pays you to promote your own stuff!)

buffalo, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  12. solobeton

solobeton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Listen to me young man,

If you will read ANY Search Engine Optimization related book or visit any SEO forum, you will see the only main requirement - to make your website successful, YOU MUST GET AS MANY INCOMING TEXT LINKS AS POSSIBLE.

Go here http://www.backlinks.co.ee/
    and create 100,000 one way backlinks to your site. You will start getting traffic the very same day.

solobeton, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  13. Jaspworld

Jaspworld Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jaspworld, Oct 18, 2011 IP