1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am fed up with low paying writing gigs. Please help me.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by nofullstop, Jul 24, 2008.

1. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of those sites are crap and not worth the time of day.

The process is the same.

1. Buy .info domain (that probably won't rank well).

2. Put up 5 crappy articles on general top (again, you won't rank well).

3. Start bid at $20 with $100 BIN.

4. Sell it, laugh, repeat.

Those sites aren't even worth $20.

One day I decided to have some fun. I went through the sites forum and looked for sites being sold that actually made money.

After looking through about 14 pages, my list of sites making at least a lousy dollar a day was about a couple of sites long. That's it.

However, my list would be hundreds if I listed all the sites with these attributes:

- lots of potential
    - easy to operate
    - runs itself
    - big market
    - high-paying keywords (LOL)
    - made no money

My favorite post was from someone who said something like "this site runs itself." And for the reason for selling said "I don't have the time anymore." :)

The world is full of people who do ridiculous amounts of work for little gain. And I love every one of them, because I'm a capitalist.

marketjunction, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  2. megacontent

megacontent Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't believe that several posters are suggesting that the original poster move from content writing to programming.

Programming tasks take 2 to 3 times the amount of time and effort as writing does, and the amount of knowledge needed is exponentially higher. But here's the kicker, the online sites for programming gigs offer such ridiculously low sums of money, and that is sad.

If you can make $5 writing a 500 word article, that is better than making $5 doing something that may take 2 hours to complete and would require 2 to 3 years of solid experience to know how to do.

I have programmed professionally for over a decade. If I am in a developed nation, it is easy for me to get well-paying full-time jobs, but the amount of hours and stress is overwhelming and not worth it for any amount.

If you go online, there are a flood of people who will do the jobs for next to nothing. Even seriously difficult gigs that require incredible concentration and knowledge might pay only $250 for something that could easily take 100+ hours to complete for a very experienced programmer.

The problem is, there are no quality controls. A poor programmer will make poor work that is more likely to fail and cause problems. It is also hard for me to believe that any self-respecting programmer would bid on a very difficult, time-consuming job at a rate of $200 and it makes me doubt their ability. None of this is taken into consideration by buyers on most online forums.

And I would dare to say that being a good programmer requires more persistence and experience than being a good writer. I don't see the upside for the original poster to move into programming when it pays the same and is just as competitive in the online world.

megacontent, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  3. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one did this. The original poster was nofullstop. The member talking about programming outspan. And I believe only one person said programming might be the way if it's that person's core talent.

latoya, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  4. resto

resto Peon

Best Answers:

Haha I love looking at that place it’s like watching people trying to paint rocks yellow and sell them as gold. lol

resto, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  5. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very, very true. Just remember to never put all your proverbial eggs in one basket - you don't want to lose a one or two clients and find yourself out of work. Keep marketing, and then market some more.

You could, or you can work less and charge more for the same article. I prefer the latter. ;)

Really? I'm a Texan. (And a capitalist at heart.)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  6. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    You should do modules - that's the way to keep bringing them back for more.

internetauthor, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  7. RACER

RACER Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like there are hundreds of ways to profit from writing, as posted here. Once you find the type of writing that you can stay passionate about, it then becomes a matter of finding a way to market the results.

RACER, Aug 23, 2008 IP