1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is GW the worse President in the last 70 years?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by rah1010, Aug 4, 2008.

1. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    The poor souls laid their lives on the line for Halliburton and the Military-industrial complex. How many times do we have to REMIND you that Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11??? There was no connection with 9/11 and there were NO terrorists in Iraq until we went there and created a disaster!!! No terrorist in Iraq! No WMDs! No link to Al Qaeda! Not an imminent threat to the US! But hey, the only side you're on is that of delusion.

guru-seo, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    There's no doubt alex jones is a rich man because of people like this ;)

GTech, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  3. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    How's Alex Jones rich because of me? Man, you're something else. LMAO! Keep living in your bubble. Ignorance is bliss for some.

AGS likes this.
  4. GTech

Best Answers:
    You are truly a blissful person. I'm sure it serves you well :D

GTech, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I made the comment that it would be Bush's fault? Where might I ask?

Policy can cause certain events, it does not take away from the blame of the person who is sitting in office. When you're in office even if something happens from a previous administrations actions it's still your responsibility, call it blame being spread from more than one administration.

It sure would be nice if people wouldn't put words into others mouths ;)

---BTW not all media is on the 'left'

How about the reverse as well? The die hard supporters of Bush who say it's not his fault at all that 9/11 happened. You don't believe they wouldn't blame Obama if elected and an attack happens, even in such an instance?

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  6. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Carter was def worse. Bush may be worse as far as the rest of the world is concerned, but for Americans Carter was worse.

ly2, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't understand this question. Were you not discussing the effects of Bush's policies in combatting terrorism?

Where was this logic in 2001 when Bush was getting trampled by the left for the 9/11 attacks?

You were referencing how Al Qaeda would be more likely to attack our country after the war in a thread about Bush's legacy. Am I incorrect? Were you not implying that Bush's legacy would be hurt rather than helped if we were attacked after he leaves office?

It would be rather interesting to see even though I hope we're never attacked again. I had the same outlook on it when we got involved in the Iraq war. It wasn't even a year before we got into the war that people were making comments like "Bush knew they were a threat, why didn't he do anything?". Then when we involved in Iraq and it started looking grim (hah!) people changed their view to, "Why did we get involved? We should have waited until we had absolute proof." There are a lot of double standards. I try not to take either side, but people eventually we have to make the concious decision... are you for preemptive strikes or not?

PHPGator, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nope I was discussing the bumbling of going into Iraq under the guise of 'terrorism'

Always had this logic, so please come again....

Wow you're searching for something here, nothing to do with his 'legacy' simply a fact. If for some reason we get attacked via terrorism because we leave Iraq, it would be our own policy that caused it. We created the situation that is present day Iraq.

Seriously don't get you here at all, I have ALWAYS been against the war in Iraq. I have not 'changed'

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you have me confused based on the contradiction in your posts.

You said this in combat to me commenting how Bush's legacy would be helped if we were attacked on our own soil. It would show that preemptive strikes did combat terrorism.

Then you say:

Why would Bush be responsible for future attacks on our soil if it is the existing adminstrations responsibility from the time Bush leaves office?

10. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Because HE made the whole world HATE us so much more, that future attacks are just a matter of time. If we do not change course and policy drastically it will only get worse.

p.s. Bush is an idiot and an incompetent fool!

11. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    What would be your policy to combat terrorism? I saw a lot of disgust with the current way it is being handled but no solution was provided.

12. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    This pretty much sums it up what I believe. I encourage you read it...twice!
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul375.html

guerilla likes this.
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow nice select quoting to try to make a case that does not exist. Have you taken lessons from a certain someone here?

Lets look at both quotes shall we?

Here is my original post you quoted in response to your post
    My next post you butchered so well to try to make a point is as follows. When the entire post is there it sure does not state what you try to claim it is.

Wow not at all, it would show the 'preemptive' strike that caused Iraq to be what it is today CREATED terrorism, which is the actual facts of the matter. We created what Iraq is today by our 'preemptive' strike. Do you even watch any news, in all seriousness do you?

Again see above and stop trying to twist things into something they are not, I don't have the patience for such childish debate tactics.

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's much easier to bitch than to do something. ;)

Mia, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well I can tell you one thing if I were to for example stick up for a woman being beaten by her husband I wouldn't go beat the shit out of the neighbor next door who had nothing to do with it ;)

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Grim, no offense, but you are really confused lately. I see where you are going, but it really makes no sense.

Mia, Aug 14, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm confused hey, how do you figure?

'No offense' but you're one of the few who have yet to wake up. I've continued with the same line of thinking since the beginning, which was by most counts correct ;)

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    LMAO! So true!

"I stumped my toe! Boo hoo hoo, it's Bush's fault! It's a conspiracy, the illuminati altered the space-time continuum so Cheney could put some oil on my steps and cause me to stump my ingrown toenail!!!"

And if it's not that, they are always claiming everyone else is "twisting" what they are saying. Maybe the problem isn't everyone else :eek:

Finally, some truth! I agree with this part. Very well said. ;)

GTech, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Is that a rhetorical question?

If "waking up" means playing follow the leader to a more popular side of the fence, I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

Actually you've done a complete 180. That's what the confused comment was about.

Mia, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A complete 180, yet I've always been against the war in Iraq. I have not changed positions...

No waking up is going to reality, not popularity ;)

GRIM, Aug 14, 2008 IP