1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal permanently locked my account! Advice needed!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by karma777, Jun 13, 2008.

Here is my story, I've been on eBay and Paypal since 2004. Sold stuff here and there but nothing high volume (I have a full time job). I started to increase volume during the summer of 2007 to about $3,000 a month in sales. Foolishly, I left my about $11,000 of my money sitting in my Paypal account. Then in September, I fell ill and did not have access to a computer for a two week period. The last thing on my mind was shipping out stuff people had brought from me on eBay. Naturally, people started to file complaints with Paypal and three people left me a negative feedback on eBay. Paypal limited my account at that time and I was unable to respond to those people until I had computer access. When I finally got access, I gave people the option of a full refund or immediate shipment, some took the refund, some took the shipment. Everything is clearly documented and nobody lost their money. Despite satisfying everyone that filed a complaint, Paypal requested a lot of information, including my social security number and an address to do a credit check. I provided all that information and they still left my account locked. Well, after 180 days, I was able to withdraw my funds but then Paypal decided to permanently lock my account.

This is beyond common sense, I am obviously not trying to defraud anyone. I've been using their services from 2004 to 2007 without any problems until I fell ill. After I recovered, I immediately refunded everyone that requested it and provided Paypal with tracking numbers for the people that still wanted their items. They have all my personal information. So why is my account permanently locked? Does anyone have any advice on how I can get that removed or is it a forgone conclusion that I can't use Paypal anymore? Thank you.

karma777, Jun 13, 2008 IP
    arrisweb likes this.
  2. abixalmon

abixalmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank that you were able to withdraw your funds! create a new paypal account and then link it with your existing ebay account! should work that way!!

abixalmon, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  3. cocopops

cocopops Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats strange cause this happen to me after 180 days i was able to withdraw money, they then said my account was permanently blocked, so i emailed them i gave them everything they asked for ID, all invoices, All my complaints were solved and none open. Then 2 weeks later i have my account back, i would say to you email them ask them is there anyway to get your account back they will probably tell you to email the appeal department.

cocopops, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  4. karma777

karma777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I just tried emailing them. Hopefully that will work but I already explained my case to try to get the limited access lifted by providing them with all the information they wanted. It was after I provided all the information that they decided to lock the account permanently without even sending me an email or an explanation. I just tried emailing them again through their help link. If anyone else has had this experience and wants to chime in, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

karma777, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  5. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    @
    Being ill and not able to respond to the customers is understandable, Not having access to computer is no reason for delaying the shipments to your clients, Here PayPal would assume, You wanted to defraud customers and hence had collected the amounts and after getting negative remarks and your account becoming limited with no option for you to withdraw the funds, You got into action and tried to clear the mess by offering refunds and shipments.

According to me, In no way would PayPal give you back your account, Try your luck

rome, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  6. bon123

bon123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey and if you can't get your paypal account back they will also lock all of your information out of their system. You won't be able to reregister. I offer paypal verification services. I sell both bank accounts and vccs (check my sig) hopefully I can help you get back on your feet!

bon123, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  7. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately Paypal will probably never allow you to register an account in your name ever again. I'd humbly suggest if you are still doing your eBay selling, you might want to get a merchants account.

Possibly you can call Paypal and offer them proof of a hospital stay because just saying you were sick is not an excuse unless you were really incapacitated in the hospital. As far as the "not having access to a computer" excuse, that is rather flimsy. Internet is available at 99% of public libraries as well as internet cafes, etc..

Anyway, not meaning to be a downer but just giving an honest opinion. I don't think you're going to have much luck getting your Paypal accoutn back and if you register a new one, they already have your IP, selling or buying habits, etc all logged and they will just lock any new account you try to open.

Bryce, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  8. kineticdc

kineticdc Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, another example of how paypal has messed up. most of the time it is because someone had a weak password but your story is very different. Sorry you had this issue. You might need to use another funding service.

kineticdc, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  9. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very didactic story for all paypal users

arrisweb, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  10. lisa757

lisa757 Peon

Best Answers:
    this really unfair...paypal have very poor judgement...

lisa757, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  11. Annel

Annel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do not try to open new account on your name!
    Just keep communicate with Paypal staff and be patient. It's a huge company and you can deal with different people, some of them are hightly professional, some of them way not. Paypal is not perfect, so don't expect it, but you can finally solve the problem and it's a best part of it. PP has already toll-free phone numbers and much shorter waiting time, you can call and talk with them.

Annel, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  12. SanDiego

SanDiego Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a few small problems trying to get Paypal to work me on getting refunds from people that DID fraud me... they had reoccurring billing I agreed to somehow back in 2006 and it charged me till 2007 (annual charges) - paypal told me "too bad" even though I tried to cancel with the seller (this wasnt an ebay thing) - I pretty much tried to STOP using paypal on ANYTHING after that.. My Mastercard, Visa or AMEX would have disputed it and credited my account in a heartbeat - Forget Paypal.. try 2checkout instead... thats who we use for online payment acceptance.... they work pretty good! (no I do not ahve affiliation with them) :D

SanDiego, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  13. SalviaCrazy

SalviaCrazy Banned

Best Answers:
    That sucks since PayPal is the main payment method on eBay. I would keep emailing them because they have no right to do this, it's rightfully your money they should have to give you all your money back.

SalviaCrazy, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  14. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Peon

Best Answers:
    DONT START A NEW ACCOUNT!!!

Send them a professional looking email if no good reply.

Take to court :) its worth the $11,000 to be honest.

They are holding your funds ITS YOUR DAMN MONEY

GO TELL THEM!

Keep us updated.

m3ltdown, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  15. Jeccles

Jeccles Peon

Best Answers:
    Just another example to reinforce my dislike of them. I refuse to use their "services" on any of the sites I use. I've had problems with them in the past double charging me fee's and such.

Jeccles, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  16. HostingProvider

HostingProvider Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of these actions are taken to prevent money laundering. Even though double fees shouldn't...

HostingProvider, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  17. foxmedia

foxmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    create a new paypal account and then link it with your existing ebay account;
    maybe it will work ...

anyway - contact them even by phone; it worked for me in the past ...

foxmedia, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  18. primecrest

primecrest Peon

Best Answers:
    paypal is a nuisance. i have around $300 locked in. but the 180 day period is not over. what happens after the 180 day period can u explain?

primecrest, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  19. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    send them an email and prove your innocence.

Chancey, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  20. zxcvbnm3007

zxcvbnm3007 Member

Best Answers:
    zxcvbnm3007, Dec 11, 2008 IP