1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EZineArticles Article Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    30 minutes at the very most. I usually get them out a lot faster than that. But yeah - I'm trying to dedicate about 2 hours per weekday to this project, that includes the blog post + the KW research + 5 articles written + bookmarking/links to my articles.

As far as how I write them, for diet related topics I usually write them off the top of my head as I know the subject pretty well and I know the points I want to hit. I just try to hit them from whatever angle the article's topic is.

For other topics I may do some research like you mention.

I'm also trying to do some Yahoo Answers research as far as the type of information people want to know. I haven't done much of that in the past - but I'm trying to increase the effectiveness of my articles.

---

No real update today. I just didn't have time to get to this today - really busy with some other things. I'm going to have an update on Monday. Overall - I think this may take a bit longer to complete (the 16 LP/80 articles) then I was originally hoping for - I think I underestimated how much this whole moving 500 miles thing is going to slow things up a bit...

My first 5 articles did get accepted on EZine - they were my "brand name" targets and I'm not expecting much from them as I don't get a lot of brand name searches just yet.

Zibblu, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks again.

Some more questions.

When you finish writing a blog post, where do you bookmark it? Do you have an auto-submitter program? Do you visit each site and submit manually?

What about ezine? Do you bookmark your articles there when they get approved?

Thanks,
    Mike

mikey1090, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    How many times do you repeat your key phrase in each article?

Do you change your resource box for different articles, or sets of articles, or do you have one that converts well that you use?

When you do your daily 5 articles, is it basically one article that you rewrite 4 times, or do you write 5 semi unique articles?

webtarded, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not bookmarking these blog posts at all as part of this project I want the absolute only links coming in to this domain to be from EZineArticles --- But in general I'll bookmark landing pages on my own domains with StumbleUpon , Propeller, and Digg. I also have the Bookmark Generation tool - but I don't use it on my own domains - only on web 2.0 / articles because - well really because it's a bit spammy and I don't want a bunch of spammy links back to my own domains. If you filter them through big domains it's a lot safer.

I usually bookmark my EZ articles using the Bookmark Generation tool - I used to use propeller but they just recently banned the EZineArticles.com domain. Digg has banned it too. I wouldn't be surprised to see this more and more - with 2.0/Article sites getting banned from all of these SB tools.

Webtarded - I don't worry too much about that on page SEO as I don't think it has much effect and EZ will stop you if you stuff keywords. In fact I've had articles flagged for keyword stuffing even though I never try to keyword stuff at all. Sometimes a kw will just come up naturally a lot when writing an article, without thinking about it. But that being said, I usually do have my main KW phrase (that's of course in the title) also in the body of the article 2 times and often times in the resource as well.

Every resource box is different, written specifically for the article.

I don't really do rewrites - Each one is written from scratch. But - there are often repeated themes/ideas - There are points I'm constantly making - that I make in almost every article I write - that I feel are strong selling points. But it's not really a re-write. This is just stuff I have in my head now so it's easy to spit it out. That's the good thing about focusing on one (or a few) niches - if you really know your niche it makes it so much easier to write articles/content for it.

Zibblu, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  5. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Your more expierenced then me, But As of late, I learned that rewriter articles takes half the time, and provides, just as good results

hornetss, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  6. Rohit-goodposter

Rohit-goodposter Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Zibblu, Keep us posted.

Rohit-goodposter, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    First cool result: I just checked Google and my site is already indexed and my first 5 EZ articles just went up yesterday.

I also checked MSN & Yahoo and it's not indexed in those search engines yet.

These are my *only* links into this site, I'm doing no other linking or bookmarking of any kind so I can test the results of EZineArticles on their own.

I've had 19 clicks to my site from EZ today - but only 2 hops so far - which is either an indication that CB's stats are off or my landing page needs some serious work. Or maybe both! I do think my landing page needs quite a bit of work to make it more appealing. Right now it's very plain - I may work on that next before doing more articles.

Zibblu, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  8. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds good Zibblu! I hope to see some sales coming in soon :)

cheekui, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  9. leeku

leeku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zibblu go on doing it let's get the details.thanks

leeku, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  10. ShamsiOwnz

ShamsiOwnz Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is todays update? lol i am sorry i just need to see the results

ShamsiOwnz, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  11. Cary Bergeron

Cary Bergeron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any particular reason you are using a blog instead of a straight HTML site?

Cary Bergeron, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  12. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The main reason is the ease of adding pages as I'm not sure what my 15 sub targets will be yet. I've set it up to be a bit fluid. I do think I'd probably get at least slightly better results setting up an HTML site as I could design it more precisely. But I think the WP site will work out OK once I improve the design of it and add some images, etc.

---

Update:

I had my 5 brand name targeted articles accepted on Friday. These are my stats on those 5 articles so far:

50 Clicks (32% CTR)
    0 Sales

Zibblu, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thats a great CTR.

Can you give us any tips as to how you write the resource box in order to receive such a good CTR?

mikey1090, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  14. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's that tough. I just whip a 3 sec. line telling them to checkout my review or link. And my stats are 978 views with 370 clicks. That's a 38% CTR.

Just keep it simple... That's what I do :)

AllproJJ, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  15. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread Zibblu, thanks for setting up the laboratory and for sharing your results. Hope we start to see some sales soon

MP

Fivestar, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Here's an example of the method I've pretty much settled on. I'm not sure it's the best but it gets pretty consistent 30%+ CTR:

CLICK HERE: lose weight fast. Find out why blah blah blah is the best way to lose weight fast. Includes information on how you can download blah blah blah right away.

Blah Blah Blah Review.

BOLD = Link. Dig? I always include two links like that, with a paragraph break between them. I like to lead with my links like that, I've found more consistently good results that way.

---

Today's Update:

Unbelievably I just realized that almost all of my links on my homepage were screwed up and were actually going to another site (that I don't own and actually has nothing to do with my product.) I just fixed the links.

My second set of articles has been published today - so I now have 10 total articles up. Already I'm getting some nice Google rankings for some good search terms.

I also checked to see if my domain has been indexed in MSN or Yahoo. It hasn't. So Google indexed it almost immediately and MSN & Yahoo have not.

There's no stats available for the second set of articles yet... But here are the updated #s on the first set:

195 Article Views
    63 URL Clicks (32% CTR)
    0 Sales (of course now I know my links were all messed up so I didn't even have a chance at a sale really. pretty dumb mistake.)

My next set of articles is going to be focused around the keyword THIGH FAT.

The Five "Thigh Fat" Articles Are As Follows:

#11 --- 720 / 3710 / 74 / #1 & #2
    #12 --- 390 / 2240 / 36 / #1 & #2
    #13 --- 320 / 480 / 22 / #4 & #5
    #14 --- 1600 / 5070 / 108 / #6
    #15 --- 1600 / 7930 / 179 / #1 & #2

As you can see there's some real juicy kw here with not so much competition. There are other EZ doing very well for these terms already which is a good sign as it shows these are KW ripe for the plucking but it may also be somewhat difficult to knock some of these articles that are already there out of their spots.

For anyone who missed it those #s correspond to this:

"phrase" searches in the Google KW tool / "phrase" results in Google.com / intitle:"phrase" results in Google.com / Current EZ rankings for the search without quotes.

Zibblu, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  17. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great work so far. Thanks for the answer regarding the resource box.

How would your first link differ if you weren't promoting a problem product? What if it was forex software for example?

mikey1090, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe just a plain ol' "CLICK HERE For More Information" if I can't think of anything more clever. Sometimes simple works pretty well. I have found that "CLICK HERE" helps, I've had some good results without using that method but I've found more consistently good results with it.

I've actually done one (just one) forex article on EZine and I've got a 28% CTR on it thus far. This is the resource box (replace BLAH BLAH BLAH with product name.)

CLICK HERE for more information on BLAH BLAH BLAH including how to sign up right now.

BLAH BLAH BLAH Review.

Zibblu, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know if I'm going to get a slap on the wrist for "bumping" this thread but I just wanted to update with some new EZ stats. They've updated the views/url clicks and now I have numbers for my first 10 articles:

378 Article Views
    113 URL Clicks (30% CTR)
    0 Sales

Obviously I'm not real pleased with the 0 sales --- But like I mentioned earlier - a lot of those clicks were going to a site that had all of the wrong links on it so that at least partially explains it.

I'm also getting some Google rankings for my targeted keywords.

#14, #10, #15, #6, #16* respectively for my "lose weight fast" targets. The * is for an article that's actually another one of the articles that's showing up there, not the one I intended to (they have some similarities in their keywords.)

Still no indexing from MSN & Yahoo.

Zibblu, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  20. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you use any kind of tracking for your landing page? Like G Analytics or something else?

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 12, 2008 IP