1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic Question About Linking Directly To An Order Page On Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bad_bob00, Aug 9, 2008.

Hi,

I've noticed that on some websites when they are promoting a Clickbank product they will link directly to an order form page, instead of linking to the usual landing page. For example, at this website they link to order forms.
    I was just wondering, how is this done? And is it allowed by Clickbank?

Thanks for any help

bad_bob00, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  2. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Surely someone knows the answer? :( I've never really used Clickbank before but I would have thought someone might be able to help out...

The link on the website in my previous post was a .php file, which I think just redirects to the order form page. I'm just wondering if this is allowed by Clickbank, and if so how is it done?

Thanks if anyone can help

bad_bob00, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  3. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah there is a way to do it (just search google) but ClickBank doesn't endorse it and because of that you might lose some sales since it's not the official link and it might not always work.

Good luck

JoseArmando, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  4. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank doesn't officially support it on their website, but they certainly don't forbid it either. It's an unofficial linking system which Clickbank put in place so affiliates can write their own sales page.

I use this when:

1. I don't like the author's sales page, but still want to sell the product (you know, those bland sales pages with minimal graphics and/or lack of product description)

2. The author's sales page requires the user to type email address to view (decreases conversions for affiliates big time due to high bounce... I hate when people do that.. it's my pet peeve)

3. When the sales page takes the user to a website that includes lots of other external links (again, this decreses conversions because the user gets distracted and forgets to buy the product.)

4. When you want to sell a publisher's second, third, fourth product. (regular hoplinks only take you to product sales page for product #1 in their account-- most publishers only have one product salespage per account, but a few have several products that cannot be accessed with regular hoplinks.)

To set this up, the link should look like this:

http://ITEM#.AFFILIATE_PUBLISHER.pay.clickbank.net

Item = # of product
    That's an underscore ( _ ) between affiliate name and publisher name.

example: http://1.fireboat_badbob.pay.clickbank.net

Also note-- Regular hoplinks have cookies that will credit the affiliate with the sale when users leave the site and visits the site another way. These direct payment links will NOT set cookies.

If a user has used a previous hoplink to view the product, the previous hoplink affiliate will get the commission over your direct payment link.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- fireboat

fireboat, Aug 10, 2008 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  5. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jose,

No it's not officially supported on Clickbank's website... but from my experiences it has always worked as far as I can tell.

I don't think people lose many sales from it... and I *love* being able to write my own sales pitch sometimes. For many products, I find my own pitch is much more effective than the publisher's.

- fireboat

fireboat, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  6. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:

Before you go ahead and do that, go read this thread first and then make your decision. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=591165

Mega

megarudy, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  7. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use it so I can't really speak but I've read they disabled it for a few months back in 2007.

JoseArmando, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  8. photoads

photoads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    photoads, Aug 10, 2008 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    There's one pretty big problem with this technique. If there's already a cookie placed in a visitors computer for that product - your cookie will *not* replace theirs if you use this technique. I don't know why that it is, but I've done some testing and it appears to be how it works. I'd test it out for yourself by going and getting another affiliates cookie into your computer and then clicking on your link and seeing if its yours or theirs that's on the bottom of the order page. I'd say this is a reasonably big issue - particularly if you are dealing with more popular products or with PPC marketing - a lot of times people will bounce around and look at different people's ads and will have a cookie in their system by the time they reach your page.

Zibblu, Aug 10, 2008 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  10. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:

Does anyone know why I can't find the above program on Clickbank?

Thanks

bad_bob00, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  11. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ripped, Aug 29, 2008 IP