1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Traffic - Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jwitt98, Aug 10, 2008.

Hi All,
    First post here. I have a web site that has been online for 9 months with a PR of 1, www.thetoolspot.us.
    The problem is, the site is only getting about 8 visitors per day on average. Only 80% of that traffic is from search engines and only 70% of those are in the target market (U.S.).
    I really need some good suggestion as to how to get more traffic to this site. I don't have a lot of experience with SEO, but here is what I have done so far:
    I have submitted the site to google, yahoo, msn.
    I have created a sitemap.xml
    I have added unique description and keyword meta tags to all pages
    I have created unique title tags for all pages
    I have been actively pursuing reciprocal links
    I have been submitting to free directories
    I have created a blog linking to the site
    I have submitted an in depth article to ezine @rticles llinking back to the site

If someone with experience could look at the site and offer some suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

jwitt98, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  2. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I have done to generate traffic. Some you have done already.

Submit to relevant blogs.
    Submit to directories.
    Adding Forum Signatures.
    Submit To Social Bookmarking Sites.
    Blog Pinging.

desilator, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  3. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do blog comment posting, social bookmarking, articles submission.

genuineseo, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  4. Cooperoil

Cooperoil Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you done a keyword analysis and keyword optimised your site for an area that is not highly competitive? I am new to all of this as well but suggest that you try for an area that has at least 1000-2000 monthly searches and "allinanchor:keyword" true competing sites are under 30,000.

Cooperoil, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  5. gzeus

gzeus Peon

Best Answers:
    Do link baiting with very, very informative link worthy content, tools and tests. Period. Why would you do all that work all the time if visitors and blog owners can do it for you. Set-it-and-forget-it is the motto.

gzeus, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  6. gzeus

gzeus Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice IF (and that is a big if) you then test in Adwords and see if anyone is actually buying what you are selling. You are selling something, right I hope - even if it is just an opt-in. Setup a test "buy button" and see how many adwords visitors actually click on it. Then calculate conversion and see if this is the market and keywords that are worth pursuing or not.

For one of my niches I spent $60 on adwords for qualified traffic in one week and earned $2300 in the test alone. Do you think I am in that market now? You bet.

gzeus, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  7. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    I took at look at your site and it looks very nice.

First, you need to fix your meta tags on your homepage, and subpages, you have stuffed WAY too many keywords in there. I know, I know, people say meta tags don't matter, but if you shove too many repetitive keywords (i.e. power tools on you homepage) into the meta tags the search engines will see that as spam.

I am not a coding expert by any means, but you may want to have a coding expert look at your coding, I see a lot of javascript and iframes. this may not be optimal, I am not sure if the search engine bots can even read the content contained in the iframes.

Check to make sure you do not have any canonical errors in your site.

Your homepage is made up mostly of pictures and links to other sites, try to balance user friendliness with SEO. The hard text on your page has very little to do with tools. There is more text on your homepage about paypal and america's second harvest than there is about tools. Keep in mind that search engine bots cannot read pictures/images, only text.

I think fixing your onsite issues needs to be your first step. Fix your site as best you can before you continue directory submissions, blog comments, blog pings, etc. as all that will be of little value if the search engines continue to see your site negatively.

good luck

rdv817, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  8. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like you're on the right track. If you keep it up you'll start getting some long tail hit from the search engines. If you have good content then your site will start attracting repeat visitors and people who give you a back link because they like your site. Once that happens you'll start moving up in the SERPs for one and two word keywords that have higher search volumes.

Long story short. Have content that will attract links and repeat visitors. Then go out and try to get as many links as possible to increase your long tail SERPs and referral traffic.

freelistfool, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  9. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok my suggestion is try adwords.Then social bookmarking.But majority goes to content.Good content always attract visitors.
    I also suggest you to give away any free resource such as ebook on your niche or free wordpress themes with backlinks.Try that it will give you more backlinks.
    Good luck!

arena, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  10. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    almost 2 weeks ago i found a very good idea to get traffic without any hard work or going to forums or submit your link.... i dont mind sharing it with everyone....

what i thought of is made free programs or softwares and on my programs i have added a small trick... when poeples open my programs, then the program automatically open my website link on there PC... this bring me 10,000 page view from 3 days and lots of visitors.... here is the secret.... what i do is i used VB and delphi to make my programs. but it all depend on the kind of programs that get popular in one day.... normally programs that used in kick out users from chat or lock there chat accounts is a kind of program that used by millions of users everyday... and these types of programs spread real faster all over the world.... so making simple programs like these will really bring lots of visitors instantly.... below is the screen shot of my statcounter....

[​IMG]

also there is a another idea i can give you... use a Room Spammer to post your website link in all Yahoo Rooms and as well as send your link to users in Private Message.... this will sure bring at least 500 visitors.... but room spammer needs lots of time and so i never used it.... but i know many webmaster bring traffic using room spammer....

anyway my first trick is very effective to bring traffic... as i myself have tested it....

Pervert-For-Life, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  11. JohnEvan

JohnEvan Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also try to make some slideshow or some sort of video regarding some functionality of your tools and promote your website trough submitting them to video site like youtube etc. This will also help in driving a lots of traffic to your website.

And Pervert-For-Life, you said that the program/software is used to "kick out users from chat or lock there chat accounts". But which kicking out from which chat room, I didn't understand the functionality of the software you discussed above.

JohnEvan, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  12. bermuda

bermuda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, selecting the best keywords is really very important part of every site's optimization techniques online. Targeting as many as possible can ensure to remain highly trafficked sites in the future.

bermuda, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  13. DocRich

DocRich Peon

Best Answers:
    You're definitely investing a lot of time building a solid foundation for your business. Good for you. Google is watching and you're getting a fair measure of backlinks from some good authorities.

If you're willing to shift your priorities on a couple of activities for a period I'm confident you'll start seeing traction develop in the form of more quality traffic from your hard work.

First, 86 your reciprocal links campaign. You're getting what may feel like a good response, however, Google is no longer paying much attention to this process. They follow the links to both sites and figure this reciprocal arrangement is not really helping their visitors so they de-value the links.

Backlinks, however, are an altogether different matter. Go for backlinks with all the energy you were giving to reciprocal linking and you'll be sipping ice tea in Maui in about 10 months from now. Let me know if you need more details on this strategy and I'll be glad to share a few tips.

I also suggest you put a hold on your registrations in free directories for a while. My reason is sort of old school, however, in this matter, old school delivers reliable and more consistent results...in traffic that is. Here's what I mean...

Your site is perfect for selling your product. I've seen only 1 or 2 websites in this niche that can match the quality of what you've put together. Where you're running into a roadblock is a matter of what should come first!

Internet traffic is driven by the needs of millions of daily visits...in search of information. Once they find their information....now they're ready to buy.

In the online world, to use an offline analogy, people go to the library first to find out all they can about what they need from the product they are hoping to buy. They feel more comfortable being knowledgeable shoppers. Once they have the information they need....they're ready to by.

My suggestions is, you'll want to build a feeder site, so to speak, where you can provide gobs of information about tools and tool applications, uses, etc. Naturally, you'll fill your information site appropriately with links to specific tools that match your information, or you can just link to the entire page.

There are other ways to handle this, including article marketing. However, a feeder page, which could be a simple blog about tools, home improvement, a HGTV fan site, etc, will work more magic for you in the shortest time.

I used a similar approach for one of my niche sites using a WordPress blog as the feeder site. Google indexed nearly 1000 pages in about 2 wks and I didn't even promote the blog. (I don't recommend that you fail to promote the blog, I was just providing a worst case example).

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions.

Ciao,
    Doc Rich

DocRich, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  14. smartweb

smartweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you need is on-topic quality backlinks.

smartweb, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  15. prodigenius

prodigenius Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're getting most of your traffic from serps, that shows that you need more referrals from other sites. My sites have 2 or 3 great links that take in 20-30% of all traffic. Try finding sites willing to put a link that people would visit.

prodigenius, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  16. JohnEvan

JohnEvan Peon

Best Answers:
    One more thing I noticed about your site is that it is well designed and everything is placed very carefully especially I liked the "Why Buy From Us?" slide running on the upper right corner of your website. Its very welcoming and makes people think about buying from your site.

And the statement at the bottom of your website "We Stock What We Sell!" is very much tempting and will definitely make people comfortable buying tools from your website.

A well planned and designed website I must say.

Best of luck.

JohnEvan, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  17. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    proper OnPage SEO can only bring you traffic.

priyakochin, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  18. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    :D sorry for not writing in details.... well i mean yahoo chat or messenger and msn messenger.... the programs are called booters, room laggers, account lockers, annoyers, spammers etc.etc... these types of programs are soooo popular and thousands of peoples use it.... and its working for me really good.. today i get almost 10,000 impresson.... and 800 or more unique visitors.... from almost 2 years i get only 2000 impressons a day and 200 unique... but from 4 days im getting huge amount of traffic and its all free traffic.... so this is really very effective way to get traffic... normally to get that much traffic i would have to pay hundreds of dollars to some ads company....

and these types of programs are very easy to make and need small amount of coding....

Pervert-For-Life, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  19. jwitt98

jwitt98 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I see lots of good suggestions here. And, thanks very much for the comments on the site. Now where to start. How about of summary of suggestions:

relevant blog posting
    blog pings (not sure what this means)
    social bookmarking
    keyword/meta tag/on site optimization
    article submission
    improve/add link worthy content
    room spammer?? (sorry, not for me, I really dislike spam of any kind)
    slide show/video create/submit to youtube and others
    feeder site/blog (i already started a blog on my domain, not sure if you mean on a separate domain)
    quality backlinks

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time available, so if I had to pick the 2 most important things out of this list to work on, what would they be?

jwitt98, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  20. ericajoieake

ericajoieake Guest

Best Answers:
    You need to register and post your website to community sites that give exposure to your website, there are Social Bookmarking, Social Networking and Social Media Optimization and much more. You can get an instant traffics an well as backlinks.

ericajoieake, Aug 11, 2008 IP