1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EZineArticles Article Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008.

I've decided to do a bit of an experiment to see how effective EZineArticles (just EZineArticles) can be. I'll be documenting my failures & successes here.

I've set up a brand new Clickbank account (which I'll be using only for this project) and a brand new domain (which I'll be promoting *only* through EZineArticles.) This is so I can really see the effects of EZineArticles on it's own with nothing else interfering with my "experiment." I will not be doing any other promotion at all of this domain. Not even any bookmarking. Nothing. The only links to this domain will be from EZineArticles. Currently it is not indexed in any search engine and there are no links to it.

The Details:

+ I'll be promoting my own diet product (see $31 sig) as an affiliate.
    + I'm using a WordPress blog for my landing pages.
    + The homepage is "brandname review."
    + I will be creating 15 more "blog posts" (landing pages) for 15 keyword phrases related to weight loss that I think I can convert well.
    + Each page (including the homepage) will have 5 articles written & submitted to EZineArticles. My plan is to do one blog post/landing page and the 5 articles for that landing page each week day. Although I am moving later this month so there will probably be a break in the activity at some point.
    + The 5 articles written will be focused on whatever the landing page is about.
    + The first 5 articles will be for the home page which means they will be brand name specific articles.
    + I'm going to be using TID tracking so I can tell which landing page is bringing in hops / sales. This could be very valuable information in finding out what types of keywords/articles make sales.

80 Articles To 16 Pages

In all this will be a total of 80 articles to 16 pages (including the homepage.)

The Articles:

In most cases I'm going to be trying to write "problem solving" type articles. I'll be using Yahoo Answers combined with the Google Keyword Tool for article title ideas.

My general rule of thumb is at least 100 searches/month on the Google Keyword Tool plus less than 20,000 results for a "search in quotes"

Why Am I Doing This?

1. To make $ from the sales!
    2. To raise the popularity of my product on CB by making more sales and thus raising it's profile to affiliates.
    3. To learn information about which type of keywords/articles are profitable.
    4. To inspire other affiliates here at DP to promote my product.
    5. People dig these types of journals and I hope to make mine much more informative than most. I am going to be giving out very detailed information on the amount of visitors etc that I get using these methods.

In fact, I will even show you my landing domain. No direct linking of course as I don't want to mess up my experiment and get it indexed via DP!

DayZEROffDietReviewDOTcom

replace ZERO with an O.

replace DOTcom with .com :)

Right now I've only got the home page made (basic brand name review) and I'm doing 5 articles for that tonight. Tomorrow I'll be doing a landing page called "lose weight fast" and then I'll be doing 5 more articles based around that term.

I'd love to hear any sorts of feedback. I'm not sold that my landing page is all that great. I should probably make it a bit more graphical. But I don't want to get too picky about getting everything perfect before I start. I think that's a good way to never get started. And of course I can always work on improving the landing pages in the future - particularly once I find I'm getting a lot of traffic to a landing page.

Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008 IP
    rubeina and JoseArmando like this.
  2. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds great. Let us know how it goes.

Twan, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  3. ShamsiOwnz

ShamsiOwnz Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice zibblu to visit this daily,i was impressed by you from before lets see how you'll do :D

ShamsiOwnz, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've just written my first article for this project... and check this out:

[​IMG]

My so fresh and so clean brand new CB account just for this project :)

Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  5. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, another journal to follow :)

Good luck Zibblu.

Looks like this experiment will definitely pay off.

One more advice, I think you need to improve the landing page. Maybe different template? Or more graphics? Better formatting?

The content might be great, but the design has to be even better.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  6. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm going to be looking forward to this.

Good luck, keep us posted :)

mikey1090, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  7. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome Zibblu, look forward to seeing the results!!!

LTY83, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  8. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice. Another journal. This is good for the newbies.

nuruddeen710, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  9. cheekui

cheekui Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for doing this ;) I will follow your progress.

cheekui, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  10. Cary Bergeron

Cary Bergeron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wicked awesome, now this is a thread worth keeping an eye on.

Cary Bergeron, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  11. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looks interesting,any time frame u have set to submit 80 articles in x no of days? Good luck.

getjimmy, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  12. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of what I have read says you need to focus on keywords with only about 1,000 to 7,000 search results. Have you had success at the 20,000 mark in the past?

squeezeplaycards, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  13. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Zibblu, much luck and this'll finally show us just how worth it ezine is, good call.

On a side note, I see you're listed as living in NY, i'm contemplating moving up there in about a month and I was wondering your thoughts on the area. You moving to another part of NY or out altogether?

rbf738, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  14. tehmina11

tehmina11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Zibblu

Great idea, please keep posting about your progress so that others can also benefit from that.

Good luck with your plan.

Regards

Tehmina

tehmina11, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  15. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    That looks interesting. You can be sure I'll follow this one closely (until I go to the army...).

nadavs

nadavs, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree, I do want it to be a bit more graphical in it's layout. It's of course easier to perfect my landing page in Dreamweaver - but I wanted the ease of using WordPress for adding "landing pages" for each keyword.

I may try to correct this problem by adding a graphical background and making sure I have at least one picture in each "landing page" (ie blog entry.) I'm not sure I want to have a banner - but I may try a thin banner too.

---

Yes I'm excited about the idea of promoting *just* with EZineArticles - I like the "scientific" nature of doing that. Now I should mention - I have no rule against promoting my EZineArticles articles as I generally do bookmarking of them and that's a part of my strategy. I just can't bookmark or link to my actual landing page in any other way other than EZine.

As far as NYC - I've been living here for 6 years - I love it and I'm going to miss it - but it's time for a change.

---

I have. I was just doing some research last night and I saw people having success into the 30,000s. I think it's a bit more complex than just looking at the "quotes" search. I try not to get too hung up on it. Obviously it's a bad idea to go for something that's really competitive but at the same time, I don't want to constrain myself too much in this project in particular - as I want it to be for research purposes. One of the things I'll be doing is reporting on my articles and how much competition there is my target phrase and how I rank for it and how many clicks I'm getting.

---

My goal is to do one landing page and 5 articles a day until I reach the total of 16/80. But I am moving on the 20th and as you can imagine that will probably throw me off course a bit at some point. I would love to get get all 80 articles done before my move so maybe I'll double it up on some days to get it done faster. At the very latest - I'll have all of this done within a month.

Part of what I want to see is how well these articles do over time. So I'll be checking back in here in the future. I plan on not sending any other links to this domain for at least 6 months to keep the "experiment" pure.

---

Today's keyword phrase is "lose weight fast."

Each of my 5 articles today will include that phrase within it and will be pointing to a landing page/blog entry with that phrase as it's title.

---

Obviously there's not much to report yet, none of my articles are live yet - depending on how fast EZineArticles accepts them - I may not have any live articles until next Monday.

Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  17. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha i've been living where I have for 6 years and now am looking to move up there for a change. Good times. Good luck again with the article journey, i'm making a huge assumption that you can afford to move and live off your IM profits so if that's true, congrats and nice.

rbf738, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, your assumption is true --- I've been a full time IMer for about 3 and a half years now. But I'm in no way rich, I'm still working on that. I do make enough to get by without a "real job" and I'm not really interested in the things that a lot of people spend their money on (fancy cars etc.)

That being said, I am still wanting to take the next step into real financial security/freedom (so that I can take trips to Europe and things like that.) Travel is the one thing I'd really like to do with a more substantial amount of money coming in.

---

And thanks for the good luck on the project - I may very well need it :) I'm in no way convinced this will really work - but that's all the more reason to do it in my eyes - I want to find out what kind of results I can get from this approach.

Zibblu, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  19. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answers. I am looking forward to following the thread.

squeezeplaycards, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  20. pickagun

pickagun Peon

Best Answers:
    Zibblu you should try the 40-day Market Samurai trial being provided by the Thirty Day Challenge. Free and the keyword tool in that software really kicks butt.

pickagun, Aug 6, 2008 IP