1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building too fast will get you baneed, so what would you call too fast??

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by seobeginner, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ExtremistOak

ExtremistOak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who cant rank the guy that created the thread? Obviously he cant rank he cant even do onsite optimisation correct he has not even corrected the basic canonical issue.

ExtremistOak, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  2. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    i have yet to see any evidence that building links too fast will get you banned

people that claim this are probably being penalized for building too many links on the WRONG sites.

geoiss2004, Aug 5, 2008 IP
    1EightT likes this.
  3. DomainMagia

DomainMagia Peon

Best Answers:
    Building links too fast will most likely not get you banned, usually you just do not get PR or SERP benefit from these links or will be sandboxed for few months.

DomainMagia, Aug 5, 2008 IP
    1EightT likes this.
  4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly. If anything google would filter and not count some of the links, but a banning is not going to happen from incoming links.

1EightT, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  5. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    If you aren't doing it in a natural sense (manually) then it probably is a bit risky. I think people only get themselves into trouble if they are doing forms of automatic link building.

As others have said, there isn't too much evidence. I've never been penalized. However, I wouldn't risk it. The theory could be true and you would hate to be the one to find out.

PHPGator, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  6. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    I just started a website yesterday and I already have 3k UV's and about 1k incoming links per day, I'd say that is around the maximum you can do before Google gets pissed though.

Gallito, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  7. seobeginner

seobeginner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT!

overall everything will increase anyway, traffic, overall rankings

and when i see sites with 13 million backlinks at the top, i dont think its an unreasonable chance i might get away with 50k backlinks

jeez... whats with that other guy going on about me saying im the one cant do seo...

seo isn't just about google!

seobeginner, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  8. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Ok my friend Im no longer going to offer advice to you, If you believe in your heart that you shouldnt have google as your number one priority and you should concentrate on smaller search engines then go ahead and see how much traffic you get. Im only saying this stuff to help you

The other guy is a black hat you listen to him and you wont get far... The sites with 13 million backlinks are sites like hotmail ebay adobe sites that have been around since the beginning of the internet and half of them are probably top notch links. These sites are authories of the highest nature why are you comparing yourself to these??

If you do this do you think Yahoo and MSN are stupid?? You will also suffer with them they may not be as advanced as google but they will clamp down on you.

Anyway im trying to help you if you dont want my help than fine because there is alot of people I have helped that are sitting nicely on top of the search engines and I am giving you free advice

dominion4040 likes this.
  9. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=856022&highlight=million+backlinks+ebook

this guy sure doesnt own a big company

you were saying google should be number one priority...

i think i would rather be number one on all the other search engines in the world than number one on google and nowhere on any other search engines

i would like to see your site that is ranked high for a keyword other than:jkbhfdvbhjdfbveahbv,h.kdfb vbfgbvjulrfh/vgrvlebv,.dvhbfgoivhrtggnhbnrt

10. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Ok PM me and il show you a few results

Im not fake like most of you, im trying to give you good advice you can take it or leave it in the end not my problem

Would you rather choose 70% google related traffic
    or
    30% all other search engines

Be my guest and dont try to attack my intelligence, and I cant believe you just showed me an ebook lol

You havent a clue

11. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    this is the second topic in a row that, maybe it's me, but you've made no sense. a website you started YESTERDAY recieved 3000 uniques in it's FIRST day? this isnt possible, i'm afraid. you couldnt even build that many links if you have no content there to begin with.

geoiss2004, Aug 5, 2008 IP
    ExtremistOak likes this.
  12. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Thank you matt someone with abit of brains at last

13. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    it wasnt the ebook, it was his site you should have been lookin at!

i think its actually about 40% traffic from google, you are playing with statistics there.what do you mean fake like msot of us? were not exactly saying look at my billion backlinks and showing a photoshopped image

14. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1000+ a day will get you banned.

EGS, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  15. richromo

richromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have yet to see a definitive definition of google's "natural" development of link acquisition. I think it is safe to build links slower rather than faster but I agree that some sites develop links incredibly fast. Generally though, those sites have developed those links from getting a lot of media attention, youtube videos, acquiring information about celebrities and attracting huge interest - first, rather than trying to develop links. While secrets are there, no doubt, I do think there is real risk in google determining that the links were artifically grown rather than naturally acquired.

richromo, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  16. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:

Back it up or don't post it....

1EightT, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  17. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    wrong again :rolleyes:

I was getting 1,000 new back links a day for a month and I've never been banned and never will...

Brandon Sheley, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  18. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Ditto. The thought that there is a threshold where one more or less link determines the fate of your site is laughable at best. Again, i'll go out and throw 1001 links at all of my competitors and get them all deindexed if that were the case.

1EightT, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  19. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    thats what i dont understand, if there any penatly, couldt we jsut do it to our compeititors? I think the only think they can do is not give the links any value..

20. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    You cant get banned just penalised or sandboxed for that keyword.

In my job I see people doing this to there competitors everyday, you will notice it a lot when you are in the top 10 for competitve keywords. People trying to spot illegitimate link building techniques and scanning through every aspect of your site and reporting them to google.

People will do everything to get other peoples sites banned so they can eliminate the competition. SEO is like a war against other sites.

Basically what I am tring to say to you seobeginner is that great go and get 50k links but if you do manage to get to the top (which is very unlikely) I doubt you will stay there long as all your competitors will be analysing your onsite and offsite optimisation very carefully and reporting you to google

Always remember the faster you rise the faster you fall, do SEO slowly and the rewards will be great for all.

Meaning if you are looking to build a long term online business then take pride and care and do everything ethically. If you are just in it for the short term 2-6 months then do what you like but it wont last for long.

Anyway I work with sites on a daily basis its my job so you can take my advice or leave it, but please dont think I am saying bad things about you I am just trying to guide you in the right direction