1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ashoke Banerjee SEO scam - beware of fraud

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Italkcash, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I have definitely no sympathy for him. But I do sympathized with the guy he accused of scamming. If you read the threads, he was asking for USA traffic which he was ranked in the 20s range. He kept claiming this was not the case, until other members point out that you need to check Google using a USA IPs. I tried it and sure it was ranked in the 20s range. He basically accused someone when he was using Google wrongly.

wisdomtool, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. peteinoz2

peteinoz2 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI Guys..

Im here to back up Ashoke 100% Weve been working together on many projects for nearly 2 years, his results are superb, His turn around excellent and communication first rate.

This thread should be deleted.

Threads like this are easily found in google and are in fact defaming a very good person.

I suggest any mods reading this to delete this post, or members of this forum to alert the moderators of this defamation and get this thread deleted.

Regards

Peter Drew

peteinoz2, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool and bloodwrath like this.
  3. elreygenio

elreygenio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No need for him to post under his other ID, he's too busy posting as Pingpong123... :eek:

elreygenio, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  4. elreygenio

elreygenio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You know, the bottom line here is this: Through the efforts of Ashoke the site does rank in the 20s on Google for *that* search term.

Do not take this as an endorsement however, as, from what I have witnessed in this thread, I do not like his comportment as a businessman and I still believe this guy either has alternate IDs on DP or has cronies working for him on here.

The germane questions really are...

1) is that the best search term for this site?

2) is that the only search term that will get a page 2 result?

3) was it worth $1000?

Also, you should seek out a firm that is reputable, has a *money back* guarantee, and one that has a payment gateway that protects you if you happen not to get what you paid for.

elreygenio, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    he only worked on the site for 3 months, this is the fact, so there was no scam or anything at all. I guess all the clients that posted about ashoke are also fake and also him. Come on give me a break. If you wanna do a search on google do a full search on the person thats being accused and the accuser . Like i said elreygenio would u like to call me and then call ashoke. If not please dont make blanket accusations like this unless you also have a hidden bias.

pingpong123, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  6. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what i see right now:

[​IMG]

I also see this furious competition of.......... 1,680,000 results. :p So, if he is a solid SEO, he will put the site up there, no questions asked.

scubita, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  7. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    If i was the OP i would be choosing different keywords, the traffic for this term is extremely poor. I was on the front page for a couple of days and got about 10 hits.

sweetfunny, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    I see you avoid the point. Its embarrassing to work that search term for 3 months and be on page 3. If thats all I could come up with I'd pawn the computer and click here.

Question 1 = No.

Question 2 = Should have been higher and on multiple other keywords.

Question 3 = Absolutely not. I wouldn't say its a scam as if thats the agreed price then it is what it is. Was it value for money? Not even close.

I owned a business in this niche, the traffic is low for pretty much every related keyword. The thing is, a converting customer can be worth north of $2k so the trick is here to rank for as many of these 10 hits a day keywords as you can.

I made more in that business with 100 uniques a day than I did on some other sites with 100k uniques.

Sure the OP is misinformed here, but he's a customer - he's entitled to be. A seller should be explaining things, if he's not then he's providing a poor service. I'll assume for the rest of this post Ashoke and pingpong are different people. Ashoke isn't an scammer, just a scumbag for completely overcharging for an extremely poor service. Pingpong is the only true scammer, tricking people into going with his seo recommendations when he has a hidden agenda and financially gaining from these customers he "recommends".

Vic_mackey, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  9. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    the question here is:

Did Ashoke also offer keyword research?
    If yes, then it was poor performance
    If no, then the keyword being only on page 2 it was just an average service.

jophan, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  10. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    there were other keywords that were also being worked on and it was just 3 months into it. Im tired of people like this scumbag accusing me. If the mods cant take action that i think its best that im done with dp. To be accused by someone like this when its completely baseless is BS. He also forgets to mention that ashoke was also working on the keyword finance for 1000 dollars, but lowlives wont ever mention this stuff. It wasnt just one keyword and vickey knows it. Like i said ill use a few services but until the mods do something about this bs accusation im not posting anymore.
    Enough is enough. I love dp but this is too much and its baseless to say the least. Remember beinmg spread over 6 months even if it was just for one keyword(and it was for more) it comes out to about 170 a month. Vickeyd only accuses baselessly . This is getting tired.

pingpong123, Aug 3, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool and guerilla like this.
  11. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Any evidence that pingpong is a scammer? To this quite a serious allegations, wonder if you can substantiate it?

This being a public forum, an extremely popular one, I hope you understand that what you are posting is seen by those who visit DP. Do bring out your evidence.

wisdomtool, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  12. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He's not accusing you of anything, he's accusing Ashoke - you said you weren't Ashoke -right? ;)

MattUK, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  13. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I beg to differ

If this is not a direct accusation of pingpong then what is?

wisdomtool, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  14. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He was quoting this post when he was talking about accusations

Anyway, as I posted earlier in the thread, Pingpongs early posts on DP make it pretty clear that he has a relationship with an SEO firm based in India............

A massive % of his posts on here are pushing this SEO, right from when he first joined. Every decent SEO has satisfied clients that are happy to talk them up, but the level that Pingpong takes it to is crazy - read his post history, it seems every 2-3 posts that he makes there's one pushing 'his SEO guy' - something just doesn't ring true.

MattUK, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  15. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    Ashoke Banerjee? looks like he is Bangali scammer.... anyway can you tell me some more details about your website and business... so i can give you some idea on how you can get on google.... and no i dont charge money...:D

Pervert-For-Life, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  16. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality clicks is what I look for when ranking for keywords. Bottom line is a person wants to see an increase in revenue.

homebizseo, Oct 2, 2008 IP
  17. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi folks:

It's rather unfortunate that I have to post on this thread. italkcash has proved to be a scammer himself. After a long association where I did directory submissions for him, he owes me $xxx for the work I have already completed 2 months ago.

He kept telling me that he will send the payment soon and has now stopped responding to his email, MSN and doesn't respond on an IRC channel that he uses. Marc Danciu is owner of italkcash.com forum and also uses a keanetrade.com email address.

Stay away from this guy because he will initially pay you the money and keep some outstanding and only when it reaches a decent amount he will stop responding to you.

jitendraag, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  18. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Folks: I would like to report that italkcash has now paid the balance amount with paypal and I would like to retract my comments.

Thanks for the forum members for showing their support.

jitendraag, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  19. ForAnu

ForAnu Peon

Best Answers:
    I am late entrant to this thread but I should have gotten started this thread, Ashoke Banerjee cheated me for more around $1500 USD in Jan 2008. He told me he will bring my site in 3 months in top 10 in google and then kept on bilking money from me for 6 months. I finally stopped giving him money. For the money I spend I got links for junk sites not worth even $100 USD

ForAnu, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  20. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Ashoke Banerjee passed away 2 hours ago. I hope the ones who falsely accused him of being a scammer are happy. He was too kind hearted to defend himself. now my best friend in the whole world is with God. I hope italkcash and teh rest of the leeches here are happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    My best friend died and I never got the chance to hug him

pingpong123, Jun 25, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.