1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ Settlement case

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by DJD, Aug 1, 2008.

"If you joined or were a member of the affiliate marketing networks operated by ValueClick, Inc., Commission Junction, Inc. and/or Be Free (collectively, “Defendants”), between April 20, 2003 and the present, you may be a class member in Settlement Recovery Center et al. v. ValueClick, Inc. et al., No. 2:07-cv-02638-FMC-CTx, a lawsuit which is pending in the Central District of California. The Settlement Notice informs you of the Court's certification of a class for settlement purposes; the nature of the claims alleged; your right to participate in, or exclude yourself from, the class; a proposed settlement; and how you can claim an award of advertising credits under the settlement or object to the settlement.

The proposed settlement will resolve claims that Defendants failed to adequately monitor Commission Junction’s Network for the use by third parties of software that does not comply with Commission Junction’s (“CJ”) Publisher Code of Conduct and that is intended to steal or divert commissions from publishers on CJ’s network (“Non-compliant Software”), failed to adequately monitor or prevent third parties from engaging in the theft or “hijacking” of commissions from Advertisers and Publishers on CJ’s Network, and failed to make sufficient disclosures regarding the existence of Non-compliant Software and commission theft, resulting in losses to both advertisers and publishers on the CJ Network.

The proposed settlement will provide a monetary recovery to eligible class members. For class members that currently maintain an account on the CJ Network will receive payment through payments or credits deposited or applied to their CJ accounts; eligible class members that no longer have accounts on the Commission Junction Network will receive a check for an equal amount.

If you are a member of the class, your legal rights are affected by whether you act or do not act. You should review the Settlement Notice as soon as possible as there are several important deadlines that you must meet to take certain actions in connection with this proposed settlement. In particular, the deadline for filing an objection or excluding yourself from the proposed settlement is September 30, 2008. For further information, please refer to the Settlement Notice.

For a copy of the Settlement Notice, click on the link, or visit the case website at www.CJSettlement.com"

haha, looks like they just got owned.

DJD, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  2. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Is this real? I just got one of these.

webwork, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. ddwking

ddwking Peon

Best Answers:
    what's mean? anybody know?

ddwking, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It means that good ole CJ has been frauding advertisers & publishers by controlling the logs of the traffic in and out.

Surprise, surprise.

The lawsuit is for some fired employee's teaming up against cj because they have proof of the owners rigging the deal.

Laceygirl, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. Killermule

Killermule Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeh i just got this email lol.

i hope it means i get lots of money :D

Killermule, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  6. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I just checked my email, and I got the same thing.

They have been nailed. I always expected it, because they CONSISTENTLY REFUSED to deny any such activity when I was with them. I asked them flat out - no response. So I pulled them from all my stuff. When you get zero money for lots and lots of ad servings, something is wrong.

That old admonition to "work harder", and "you just don't know what you are doing", has finally proven to be PURE BS. WE were being ROBBED BLIND. I am signing up for the settlement.

I am starting to wonder why Share-a-sale has not paid me a damned penny, either.

Surf_Dude, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  7. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same mail.. and i asked CJ a lot of time regarding non tracking of commissions.

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Roflcopter

webwork, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  9. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got this and dismissed it as spam! lol

As a publisher, where do we stand? I suspect CJ haven't put through several sales of mine recently, and in the past. In fact, some recent transaction that I KNOW went through via CJ aren't showing.

BP77, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is spam. What puzzles me now is why have so many CJ members got it? Strange. I got one too.

vitalbusiness, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  11. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could always be an ex-employee with a database I guess.

BP77, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  12. Killermule

Best Answers:
    Use ur brain lol... so many cj memebers would hav it cos it woulda beeen sent out to every cj member... bit thick lol? anyway...

It could be spam... i would say against it atm though cos im sure cj has been doing wat these guys claim... i mean many business will shave as much as they can without getting noticed lol but a company like cj should no better... i mean their size...

13. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    It could not be spam, because I got the email only to my CJ email accounts... But CJ is here to stay, even though they shave commissions, they do not do as much as other companies...

tradeepak, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  14. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting that i also got the same email,it makes you wonder if that is the reason Ebay left to start there own Network ???

Mega B, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  15. Killermule

Best Answers:
    Yeh but they are a much, much, much bigger company so they should not be shaving anywhere near wat the smaller companies do...

16. thegfx

thegfx Peon

Best Answers:
    i did not recieve any email about this..
    poor me?? i may miss some money :p
    hmm.. i wonder why i haven't recieved the mail:rolleyes:

thegfx, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  17. jhester

jhester Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not spam -- it's legit. I'm going to look into it, though CJ has always been a fairly small part of my revenue stream. (Maybe this is why!)

jhester, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  18. shanX

shanX Peon

Best Answers:
    Got this today, just wondering what this means..... :D

shanX, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  19. BP77

BP77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you're involved in the court case, my take on it is that the outcome could result in all logs being shown. No? *shrugs shoulders smilie*

BP77, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  20. shearyadi

shearyadi Peon

Best Answers:
    I also got the email about this although I haven't display any banner from CJ on all of my sites :) So, I better ignore this?

shearyadi, Aug 2, 2008 IP