1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overnight bombing causes fatal casualty

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mikey1090, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This doesn't make sense, it's just a cop out.

Why are they attacking all directory owners who don't use their script?

Good riddance I say, their ambassadors here are/were mostly unprofessional and arrogant.

syted, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    discover and vegabond like this.
  2. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome, you don't even know me and you called me a loser, what do you expect.

syted, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool and snowbird like this.
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankfully it isn't gone forever. What has gone, however - is the free version. phpLynx won't help contribute to completely killing off the directory market by thousands of free directories being created for spam purposes with their script - which IMO is a good step forward - shame the other script owners won't take such steps. Lack of morals, I suppose. The current version of phpLynx is still available, though - sign up at the forum for info regarding the purchase of the full version. Negotiations are under way as we speak - apparently it seems phpLynx is a lot more popular than initially thought with the amount of offers coming in.

I personally would love to see a future version of the script - I've seen an incite into a few of the features yet to be implemented into phpLynx and found them fantastic. Surely the script should be doing the talking? Although that was tried, and all members of staff received was a torrent of abuse via numerous sources - hence why they've thrown in the towel. Can't really blame 'em - running directories is supposed to be a privilege and fun - this unfortunately wasn't the case.

Spider-Man, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  4. SearchBoyGlobal

SearchBoyGlobal Banned

Best Answers:
    Syted you sent me red rep and I came back here deliberately not to attack. Its PAP kids like you who are bringing the directory industry into disrepute.

Its people like you who need to look in the mirror boy. The day you and the thousands of other PAP's leave school and go work in the real world will be the day I say good riddance as most of you clearly are a bunch of bullies.

Question I want to ask and this is from a phpld user but not an abuser, what is it that really scared the s$$t out of everyone hear to the degree you only have to fart a name and it gets scolded. Leave them alone, giving them air time like you all do is going to make them want to come back bigger and stronger, you really think this forum and a bunch of PAP's are going to stop that? I seriously doubt it.

SearchBoyGlobal, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    Event_King and gauravgrt like this.
  5. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Well said - and I fully agree. Unfortunately you'll be beaten to death on this forum for having your own opinion. Narrow mindedness is the norm - thankfully there are a few gems here who bring a glimmer of hope to the directory industry.

6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I am a novice when it comes to Lynx, just as a typical end user, I feel that it is built for the serious directory owners in mind. Given the massive amount of choices that can be configured. I guess that can scare off amateurs. From my installation and testing, I think it already has an extremely strong base framework and I am sure given the right amount of support and marketing, it will fly.

Hope to see PHPLynx back soon, much stronger and popular than ever before.

wisdomtool, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Man, I leave town for a little R & R and come online while away to check in and see such fantastic news!!! hahaha

Two conclusions here:

1. This is just another shameless and retarded phpStynx plug.

Meaning until they can all re-register more smurf names to harass people again.

3. Sing along with me!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Also, as Bruce mentioned, many gave advise on how wrong they were going about things, to which their entire ontourage chose to not listen to.

Anywho, just as another already mentioned: 'good riddance'

(be back home in a few days :))

an0n, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    discover likes this.
  8. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Is this another way to promote their script? :rolleyes:

Man, someone needs to understand how free publicity works... :D Phplywhatever is doing the same. ;)

humm, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  9. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    So, which little girl was it...
    [​IMG]
    Sign your rep next time, little boy. Fortunately I can do math - don't worry, it'll be returned;)

10. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well Einstein it was you actually

I suppose with so many personalities it must get a bit confusing wandering around inside that empty dome of yours
    If this place is such a joke well why are you still here?

you are just another one of the phplynx created personalities here but you are so wrapped up in it you dont see how obvious it is

have some red, you didnt even need to work that hard to get it
    you must be a natural :rolleyes:

discover, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  11. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As tempting as it's been to give you negative rep, I've not done so. The accusation is insulting and your comments here only show that you still don't understand that people's feelings about Lynx and their staff has nothing to do with the quality of their product.

YMC, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Shame - the irony of business is that DigitalPoint members think they are the holy grail - that if they don't all jump to buy a product then it'll certainly fail. Shame, that.

Have a nice day.

Oh, PS: The more people post and discuss phpLynx - the more free publicity it will get. Though I'm not one to complain - some of the more intelligent members of DP are just in the early stages of building directories with phpLynx. Will be quite entertaining to see how the attitude of Joe Bloggs against phpLynx changes in the near future:rolleyes:

13. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From what I've seen over the years it's the opposite. phplynx staff thought that if they couldn't establish themselves on DP their product would fail. Looks like they were right.

Edit Thanks for the pm spidey

Strange how 3 different phplynx advocates have referred to me as a schoolboy. I have no affiliation with the owners of phpld or esyndicat, I couldn't care less which script people use, I've never endorsed one script or another. I've only used phpld but would not say it's better or worse than another as I don't know or care.

What I have seen is abusive promotional posting by supporters of phplynx who seem desperate to promote their script at any cost. I've seen paranoia that any post supportive of another script is a direct attack upon them. I've also had abusive pms and reps from their advocates.

Of course the behaviour of your mob speaks for itself in that they're mostly banned.

syted, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  14. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As one who spent a fair bit of time arguing with Kev (err, offering suggestions... :) ) in the early stages of phpLynx's gestation (before birth), I'm sad to see this turn of events.

Back in the day, Kev was very open to suggestions for improving the script and I do believe it encouraged David (and possibly other script owners) to improve their products accordingly. Competition is good for the consumer and when would be innovators bow out of the game, consumers lose.

I don't care much for the vitriol that goes back and forth here though.

Bernard, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Not entirely true. The current management consists of business men from all walks of life - as we all know, Jamie is a lawyer and has decided to return to complete a higher grade of university degree, and therefore, combined with the constant bullshit that's said - has agreed with the owners to sell the script - which is exactly what is happening as I post this. (Not that that's any of my, yours or anybody elses business).

I'm sure the new team will bring out the best in phpLynx, though it remains to be seen exactly who that will be.

16. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    in other words try and rebrand it
    theres as much chance of someone buying the Titanic to do tours of the worlds greatest icebergs :rolleyes:

discover, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  17. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    No. It's people like you that has forced Jamie's decision. His decision to take over at the helm of phpLynx was for fun and nothing else - now that he's realised his time could be used doing something constructive instead of arguing with little boys and girls on web forums - so has stepped up a gear to achieve his goal in sending the little boys and girls to jail:)

phpLynx always will be named, registered and trademarked as phpLynx - so no, your claims of 'rebranding' are completely wrong. The only current member of staff that has agreed to stay on with phpLynx to the new owner is Gary - as he provides support for the product, and damn fine well support, it is.

18. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:

I read it very clearly, thank you.

It is clear that with all the nonsense promotion and abuse that was pumped out it took on a real bad name that was just deserved and it never took off (others know how to promote and be successful).

I stated in a thread I created earlier that, on a personal or business level I would never touch the script because that is not how we conduct business on our side.

When you go to war with others the way the owners and promoters of this script did, bad mouthing everyone and everything .... POW. Just like that. Gone for good.

I feel many will not care either, where as, if it were phpLD or eSyndicat, there would be thousands upon thousands who would really be disappointed. Then it really would be a sad day for the directory industry.

vicdigi, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    syted and discover like this.
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have an opinion about directory scripts... but I renew my point that it isn't helpful to have a continuing parade of posters with the ability to magically channel the thoughts of banned members in words that create a severe sense of deja vu. Professing not to know them while speaking glowingly in the third person of their many virtues doesn't pass the smell test. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the commercials say if the associated condition continues for over 4 hours it is best to seek medical attention.

A little courtesy goes a long way, and if practiced there would be less ex-posters here. Practices such as multiple logins, pretending to be a disgruntled customer to sully someone else's rep, or even hosting a vulgar site on your server as "a favor" when you know said site profanely smears and threatens others... NOT a sound strategy.

The first rule of holes applies here...
    "When you find yourself in a hole... stop digging."

We all have the ability to raise our image or drag it into the dirt, but nobody will believe in stated good intentions until matched by corresponding action.

robjones, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  20. thetruthbesaid

thetruthbesaid Banned

Best Answers:
    Let the truth be said

99.% of people on this forum are avid phpld supporters and always have been they therefore have a vested interest in slamming a perfectly good script like phpLynx, before it came along you will see it was esyndicat that was attacked.

99% of people on this forum post for each other and or gang up on someone or something they are afraid of.

95% of people on this forum are likely to be teenagers / unemployed / who are trying to make a quick buck before leaving school and getting a real job.

90% of the damage to the directory industry can be directly attributed to the abuse of phplinkdirectory and no other script.

99% of the members here are jealous / threatened / aggrieved by the presence of any script that has better features than other directory scripts out there and blame the supporters as a diversionary tactic to take away from this.

98% of the members of this forum rep each other in a bid to create a pile of invisible red stones to throw at people who don't agree with 99% of the rubbish posted on here.

99% of the time a thread about phpLynx has been posted members called dduval and dog222 come and read it and then send p.m's to other members, the anonymous one could be from phplynx but as they are all banned who knows.

99% of members who have posted about phpLynx have been banned for allegedly having the same account even though they are in totally different parts of the world and can prove it.

Questions needed to be asked:

Why do some people get 3 month bans for duplicate accounts and others a life ban or is there a compulsory ban?

Why is it that when the an0ns of this world get exposed to be a liar on this forum and when faced with being exposed even further the person or persons who threatened to expose them as the fake get banned from here?

Has an0n created a FAKE break up with phpld and dduval, after all who would work for someone they say they hate claiming it is to be out of loyalty to members there?

Is David Duval a secret moderator on here as somebody posted the other day?

Why does an0n use a GREEN man as an avatar with that man showing muscle? Is this some kind of subliminal faux pas by him?

Do people seriously believe that members don't download their p.m boxes to back up their claims that people are two faced on here and would stab you in the back given half the chance.

Is an0n is taking you all for fools by paying to get code written for him by freelancers and then has an installation file made for him then charges a fortune to install 'his' mods?

Do I have a grudge against an0n? No, if I did he'd know it, I'm just posting based on going through what led to the temporary closure of phpLynx and his miraculous re-reappearance here.

Why should you pay for features when they are already free in another script?

What is this term PAP mean? Does it mean pay a poster?

Why don't people want to move with the times?

When you check through the posts here how many people (serious players) post on the directory section on a regular basis.

When you check through EVERY post made by phpld, esyndicat, phplynx, and other directory scripts you will see that 96% of posts requesting a directory script are jumped on by phpld (not esyndicat or the 'dreaded' phpLynx) as you would be led to believe.

99% of posts on this forum are nothing short of crap, read through and you'll see what I mean.

Can it be disputed that phpLynx has a many more features than most other scripts out and is roughly the same price?

Can it be disputed that there is a pack mentality of bullies on this forum?

Does anyone have the money or the courage to create a directory script as good as phpLynx or are all the critics just big mouths who need to put up or shut up.

Will phpLynx ever come back?
    Will it come back even better than it already was?

If anyone who has the ability to provide a better script than phpLynx and offer it at the same price why don't they?

Just a few questions that were on my mind in response to a thread that attacks a defenseless script and its owners and before you all jump on me let me say this.

I don't work for phpLynx nor do I work for phpld or esyndicat and no this isn't reverse marketing.

Yes phpLynx could not promote for the life of them, neither do they know how to market, neither do they even know how good the product they have is, if they did they would have been number one already.

No they won't ever re-brand, yes they will come back and with a stronger product with or without selling the software. People who attack a good product are not worth listening to and if you check the stats here the directory area of this forum is frequented by about 25 posters who have any level of success, the rest are a waste of cyberspace.

Whether they come here or not is anyone's guess, from what I see its probably not worth it as this place is the butt of jokes in the directory industry and that grows as each day gets by.

Have a nice day from someone who wanted to ask the questions lots of others want to ask but are afraid to get banned. I couldn't give a flying fig. ;)

thetruthbesaid, Jul 30, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.