1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overnight bombing causes fatal casualty

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mikey1090, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    mikey1090, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  2. zinc-uk

zinc-uk Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont know what goes on in the directory world anyone car to explain?

zinc-uk, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  3. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    So they quit eh?
    What was the real reasons for that anyone know?

scoobby, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I can confirm the real reason is exactly as management confirmed on phpLynx.

Spider-Man, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  5. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    POW. Just like that. Gone for good.

vicdigi, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  6. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe you didn't read it - the management of phpLynx have decided that as two scripts in the marketplace have effectively killed off directories, they don't want to ever have even the slightest chance of contributing to that. Though phpLynx probably isn't gone for good - citing the optimistic last line - I have been informed, however, that one of the key factors were in fact the constant bullying (especially by those of the other aforementioned scripts).

I am hoping it will come back - whether that be with new owners or not - because I have seen some of the plans they had drawn up before the shit hit the fan, and let me tell you - those ideas would have revolutionised what directories are today - it'd be a shame if those features were lost and never see the light of day.

Cheers

7. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no loss seriously
    shows how strong their commitment was also

discover, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    syted likes this.
  8. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very true and sums it up nicely

swedal, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  9. SearchBoyGlobal

SearchBoyGlobal Banned

Best Answers:
    It may not have been a loss to you but way I see things it is definately a loss if they stay away and proof that people should stand up to bullying. Even though I chose not to use them for my own reasons I still think they had one of the best scripts barring none out there but lacked certain things I needed.

Its a sad day for the directory industry a great day for the bullies. I hope they do come back online not here though as this is not the place for the serious directory owner.

Hint: Why do you think everyone on here has been penalized?

Get a grip guys this place is a freakin joke with posts like that and with a$$holes like you lot jumping in whooping and clapping hands it makes it look even worse.

From what I see they were more committed to us for FREE thats more than any other script on the planet and it was because of fools with $$$ signs to protect it was never gave a chance.

I'm betting that it will sell and will come back only better. Then perhaps you lot of pirhanas can STFU once and for all.

Never wanted to rant but you guys are losers, phplynx no matter how arrogant their posters were had a better software than most and that can never be taken away from them.

SearchBoyGlobal, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  10. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you hit the nail squarely on the head there. Where lynx failed was not in the software it was in the delivery.

All companies no matter the size need to relate favorably with the public and be seen positively. That is where the breakdown was in my opinion and I let lynx know this in a few private discussions.

If you go through the threads where lynx members posted you can see the attacking, hijacking and not so subtle meanings in their posts.

When the public sees this they see people that are hard to work with. They wonder how the support will be when they need it. When they do not own the script and don't visit the support forum what people would see is how they portrayed themselves here. If you read through their posts you can see the problems with that.

I will say that I did send a few questions for their support staff to see the reactions. Gary over there responded very well and I cannot fault their support at all.

What it comes down to is they could have had the best script (who knows). But if your arrogant and people don't like you they do not want to do business with you.

Lynx would come into threads and deride other members and scripts, they would pm vulgarities to members here that take different views from them. These people they did this to in a very public way were potential customers to them and everyone could read how they did it publicly in the threads.

Now you come on the forum and call all the members losers because they did not like the abuse. Interesting from a member with 9 total posts. ;) There are people here that tried to help them, but they refused to listen to the advice being offered them.

swedal, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    puremonopoly, YMC and robjones like this.
  11. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    "unfortunately it will be back under another false name with you still causing trouble you freak" - thanks to the asshole that left this (*anonymous*) rep. It's guys like you who screw things up for people - but don't worry, I can't see it coming back out from under its shell...(under a name new) :D

12. meetbro

meetbro Banned

Best Answers:
    wooho.. Shocked !! :eek:

meetbro, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  13. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing the directory script owners should have done a long-time ago is stop releasing/supporting free versions. Even if they had a lite version for $5 or $10 it would have went a long way to stemming the flow of stinking Sh-tty directories.

IC_IC, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  14. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    considering they were the ones doing the bullying its no loss as I say
    as swedal says go read some of the threads they were part of
    actually tbh you sound like you could have been part of them too
    9 posts and coming out with an attitude like that

phplynx was a failure because of the staff
    most people didnt even go as far as their site never mind downloading the script because of the attitude

why don't you go hang out on the phplynx forums if you dislike it here so much after 9 posts
    you'll be missed as much as phplynx :rolleyes:

discover, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  15. newbie3

newbie3 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think your right

even the free versions are worth 10$ or more

newbie3, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  16. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what? I hope I can still get the support for my only one full version phplynx directory: www.thenextlink.com which recently got some trouble. :(

xc06, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  17. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    +1
    I totaly agree.

scoobby, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  18. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, you'll still get support - no worries at all. You're a member of the support forum, which is still open and active, just make a post or send a member of staff a PM for assistance.

I have just received confirmation that phpLynx is to be sold, and thus, new senior management will be taking over at some point in the near future. I expect quite a few things to change in the next month or so (depending on when a sale can be agreed) but do know numerous companies have approached the current management with a view to a takeover.

So, just to confirm - support is still available, as is the purchase of the full version - the free version is now derelict (though the staff will still endeavour to give support) and a new version of phpLynx will be coming soon (hopefully!) - depending on what the new owners decide is best for it.

Thanks

wisdomtool likes this.
  19. SearchBoyGlobal

SearchBoyGlobal Banned

Best Answers:
    Who said I don't like it here hyper? Its people like YOU who I don't like. PAP is the term for you boy.

Don't try to bully me via rep or p.m area either pal I ain't up for that and as for the crap you posted 'Hi Kevin Green, why dont you Buy As You View?' with red rep get your facts right you di**head. I have nothing to do with any of that lot and the way your going your putting me off phpld as well as from your posts your clearly a supporter of them.

Cut it out boy, your not going to get me to take the hook. So what if this Kevin Green whoever he is bought a domain name and lost it via wipo, no bid deal to me and certainly none of my or your business, although its public knowledge so if I had wanted to know I could have googled like you did.

People who think that someone who used to be a domainer and gets one bad ruling against him makes him enemy number one? Get a life man, if anything I respect him for having the vision for buying a name someone else clearly wanted, probs why he's rich sitting on his fat a$$ and we're not. Guess nobody can ever use that one again huh, boy some of you on here are worse than I thought.

You need to get a life and you won't chase me from here and NO I don't want to hang out at phplynx forums. GOT IT.

Trouble is with PAP's like you is they'll post just about anything to earn a dollar. I don't use phplynx probably never will, well never say never but you won't be making my mind up for me.

What with this jealousy man? Its scary that those who don't have try to attack those who do have. Shame most of us don't have the balls to stand up and say it in peoples faces is what I go on, its even worse that boys like you come and attack those who can't defend themselves, does it make you feel big?

PAP's don't you just love them. :D

Thanks for the -5 syted. You just joined the PAP club.

SearchBoyGlobal, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man likes this.
  20. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is certainly sad, I just tried Lynx recently and it worked fantastic, full of features already built in. And I was trying the free version. Was even thinking of launching a few directories with Lynx. This is certainly a big loss to the directory software industry.

wisdomtool, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    syted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.