1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you do not need to buy BANS

Discussion in 'eBay' started by vitalbusiness, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The answer is very simple. EPN (EbayPartnerNetwork.com) provides a woderful method of generating JavaScript widgets that will post listings on your website fast and easy. Plus, EPN gives you an ample amount of banner ads as well to make your website more interactive.

You can spend $90-120 buying BANS and then, after a few months, feeling like you wasted your valuable money or you can just get quality templates for free and place ebay listings on them without anyone's assistance.

Free templates:

http://www.freecsstemplates.org/css-templates/

Enjoy!

vitalbusiness, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use bans but I believe you completely missed one of its points if you're promoting javascript widgets instead of a bans generated page. Nice template site.

MrX, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  3. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I am not missing anything. I just want anyone who promotes their nonsensical BANS sites on this forum to quit doing that. In other words, the public should become more educated so that charlatans would go away.

vitalbusiness, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  4. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you want the public to be more educated then you should tell them the whole story and that the javascript code and banners offer absolutely nothing in terms of seo value as they are not spidered by the search engine bots.

on the other hand the rss generated pages within the bans stores are spidered by the bots and provide a significant boost to your seo rankings, also bringing people to your site with very long tail keywords for example these keywords are pulled directly from my stats 1. sony walkman nwz-a829 walkman 2. digital jukebox ii pd-430-01 3. cowon q5w 80gb dark navy car navigation pack

how on earth are you going to drive relevant traffic using javascript and banners??

Exactly my point above!

mcjp6, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  5. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    First, let me say that I am somewhat amused that an affiliate marketer is complaining about affiliate marketing in a forum dedicated to affiliate marketing.

I USE BANS and the majority of my affiliate income comes from eBay sales. Here is why I do not agree that your recommended approach is better:

If you don't know how to tap into datafeeds or much about SEO, which I am one of the millions of people that don't, the software lets me play in the affiliate game that I otherwise could not.

I tried the freetemplate approach, with and without ebay. First, there are no guides how to modify the freetemplates, so if your like me, there was no real way to customize my site.

Those freetemplates don't give you an RSS feeds to update ebay listings. If you want that capability, you have to have that knowledge, pay someone to do it for you, or get software to do it. I chose the latter. Otherwise, I was stuck with CJ banners and the very basic ebay linking tools.

As several folks already pointed out, those javascript widgets don't help with SEO.

Here is why I use and recommend BANS

I can build a page and by filling in or checking 8-12 boxes and I can have 99 listings (all updating) that display products in one of five different templates. Those listing that I display on each can be restricted by price (min/max), buy it now items, to a certain ebay seller, by an eBay category, and/or within a certain number of miles of a zip code. I don't know of any javascript widget that does that.

There is on online guide to show you how to customize your site (colors, fonts, styles, add images, change positions, etc.).

When eBay went inhouse, I got FREE upgrades to handle the change. When eBay started changing category numbers, I got FREE upgrades. When eBay started using PepperJam, I got FREE upgrades so I could choose.

There is a forum with very active moderators and members. Many times you can get great help. I learned for FREE, what the hell SEO was, how to add php to my sites (actually code and placement), and a ton of other information. I could not get that from the free templates.

BANS is a website builder, nothing more or less. When you know what BANS can do it, $97 is a good deal in my opinion.

Brent S, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  6. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    At least now you are not hiding your true intentions. But it is still like lying or cheating to me. You have your BANS download site in the signature yet you pretend to be caring for anything that is going on on this site. Anything you will say afterwords will soung like BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH to me. And it should to others as well.

vitalbusiness, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  7. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple answer is don't read his post and don't click on his signature link. You may just learn something.

This is a forum on affiliate marketing after all, that is what people do here. They share information and help other people. Can you point out one such post that you have made? No? did'nt think so. How about making a positive contribution to this forum???

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  8. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    YOU!!!!

Because of me some people are making hundreds of $$ everyday. Click on my nickname and then follow all the posts I have made. I have opened the eyes to hundreds on here to make a sure buck with PalTalk.

What is YOUR contribution that has been made to this forum so far???? Care to clarify?

9. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats pretty good going with a post count of 298!

Compared to your worthy postcount/rep my contribution pales into insignificance. I would love to hear of your success stories and maybe a few hints that you could throw us unworthy ones.

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

Very cheap on your part. Just because I only have over 200 posts doesn't mean thousands of people have not read it.

Secondly, sure I can. I do PPC advertising on AdWords, that's all I do.

11. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now I know why you don't understand seo! I knew there must be a reason. Best of luck with your campaigns. :)

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

SEO is crap. Today you can be #8 tomorrow you will be #100.

With AdWords you are always #1 (although you have to pay for it).

Listen friend, your litany is tiring. Your methods should be sold by a dozen: "mcjp6, deedum and other blog posters' ways
    for getting on the web!
    Learn how to make something out of nowthing. Yeah!"

13. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Quote of the week. Thanks for the laugh vitalbusiness - great stuff.
    :rolleyes:
    Keep going, the hole is getting deeper.

Kerosene, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  14. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    haha

Obviously someone has tried Bans and failed.

Its not our fault you cant succeed at SEO! PPC is just as volatile as SEO, if you were truly an experienced PPC marketer you would know that. But by the rest of your comments on the thread it would suggest you are indeed ... Not!

WharfeValley Systems, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    mcjp6 likes this.
  15. mjwoodi

mjwoodi Peon

Best Answers:
    LoLoL Brilliant, absolutely first class!

Im #1 for a range of terms solidy for 6 months, a few of which have over 30 million competition, and I compete in the free gift market, remember those free ipod schemes? And quite comfortably sit back and count the cash every month.

because im #1 rank for a range of terms, i literally sit and do nothing and spend nothing, certainly dont waste profits/money on PPC. The traffic drives itself from google, and then refers itself. I just get paid every month.

So yes, your 100% correct, SEO is crap....

mjwoodi, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    mcjp6 likes this.
  16. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    vitalbusiness,

Let's apply your logic to PPC. No one should use ppc advertising because you can get free organic traffic with good SEO.

While we are at it, lets get rid of Photoshop (Gimp is free after all), and Dreamweaver must go (who should ever be fooled by those frauds when you can get free templates on the web), and those Mercedes cars are way to expensive (you can get bike). So from now on, any discussion of PPC, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or any website software, and cars is off limits because any one that suggests you use these is a fraud.

Having re-read your posts, your real issue is apparently with people claiming that BANS will make you rich in 30 minutes. I don't disagree with you on that, it will not make you rich in 30 minutes. BANS is also not going to make you lose weight, re-grow hair, or have better sex. BANS is a great tool for building websites, but that is all it is a tool. If it is used properly, it has some great features and can save you hours of time.

Where you and I diverge is your next leap in logic: Because someone said something about the product that you don't agree with, the product is somehow worthless.

Brent S, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  17. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    BANS saves a lot of time. That's why it's very usefull. If someone just generate store with help of software then will sit and will do no promotion - then it's 0 diffrence with your free templates/javascript.

P.S. vitalbusiness, not sure why, but you constantly bashing ebay/bans, is it something personal behind it ?

SEOLinker, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  18. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with SEOLInker, if you don't do SEO, ppc, or some promotion with BANS, it does not matter what kind of website builder you use, it just won't be very successful.

I do think it is personal to him for some reason. Here is something I picked up from him on an earlier thread:

"Ebay is a loser that will quit existing in about 5 years, unless they realize they deal with real people. Please, refrain from signing up for any ebay programs. They need to go down so that other more worthy besinesses would rise up to the top."

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...54#post8461754

The guy may be totally justified in how he feels about eBay. I don't know his experiences and have not walked in his shoes. But, that does not mean that eBay and BANS don't and can't work for the rest of us.

Brent S, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  19. CashMentor

CashMentor Banned

Best Answers:
    Promotion and link building are one of the most important parts of ANY site, BANS included.

CashMentor, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  20. itliberty

itliberty Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great thread, maybe in the wrong area, but fun to read the ridiculous, less ridiculous, downright wrong amd somewhat true back and forth on this.

What you have to remember, and I have seen a lot of it in this forum, that the majority of people in this business and in this business to make money, not because they have the knowledge and skillset as programmers and needed a hobby that if fact turns a profit.

I am a programmer and have therefore not purchased a BANS site, but can still see its benefit to those that need it to provide a solid, nice looking website. The only issue I have with your comments though vital is that you act as though you are a programmer and think BANS is useless because you can download some widgets?

If you can manipulate CSS to get your look and feel that you should also be intelligent enough to manipulate RSS feeds to get the best of both worlds.

I have been thinking of creating a BANS program but havent wanted to add the functionality to the point described above so I stick with doing this for myself. So again, SEO is necessary, RSS is the best way to use the ebay network, and yes you can do it yourself without BANS to save the money, and yes vital, you are way off base with this one, however, this has been one of the only threads I have read from top to bottom so I have to throw a thank you in there - take care all!

itliberty, Jul 31, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.