1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time do you spend on writing SEO-oriented article

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by 3DProf4online, Jul 23, 2008.

I am just wondering how many hours does it take for professional copywriter to write an interesting and well-structured SEO-oriented article about 500 words?

3DProf4online, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  2. TMG Enterprises

TMG Enterprises Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you know the subject very well, you can write a good quality article very quickly. Or at least, I sometimes can. Even weaving keywords into it doesn't take too much time unless you are working with an odd keyword like some do.

If you don't know the subject, then there is research to be done. This can take quite a bit of time depending on the topic. Medical topics should be highly researched for accuracy where some topics will only take a few minutes.

It also depends on the writer. I have times where I can whip out a decent article in 15 minutes; other times it can take me several hours. A lot depends on what the article will be used for and the tone needed, as well.

I have a tendency to slave over my articles and re-work phrases and sentences as I go but that's my perfectionist tendencies.

TMG Enterprises, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. wordscientist

wordscientist Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently did my first batch of keyword articles. They were on a medical topic that required research, and I averaged about an hour per 500 words. It took longer in the beginning, but once I had located a few resources and understood the gist of the health topic, it did get easier.

Of course, the keywords involved have a lot to say about how the quality of the article. I had one keyword phrase that was in the form of a question. Try sticking that into a 500-word article 15 times. :p

wordscientist, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. seoaddict1982

seoaddict1982 Peon

Best Answers:
    What keyword density it is recommended to use for such article?

seoaddict1982, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. Monalisha

Monalisha Guest

Best Answers:
    The time taken for a well-constructed SEO article depends mostly on the subject matter. However, skill of the writer is also important.

Monalisha, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  6. Monalisha

Monalisha Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no hard and fast rule regarding keyword density. Integration of keyword into SEO content is important. But it should appear natural and not as stuffed.

Monalisha, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  7. ashvaj

ashvaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    A little extra SEO knowledge always helps you to write better and faster also.

ashvaj, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  8. spacepide11

spacepide11 Peon

Best Answers:
    It just takes more time period.

spacepide11, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  9. @phang

@phang Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I know the subject and the keywords aren't stupidly hard to integrate I would be looking to produce 500 words in less than 30 minutes, including a good deal of editing up to my very high personal standards.

Otherwise, an hour and a half tops.

@phang, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  10. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends. I've never written an SEO article, but in my key field, sport, and more specifically soccer, I knocked out what I consider to be a high quality article in about seven minutes (300 words), purely because I already knew all the information I needed to write the article, and didn't need to look anything up.
    I recently wrote an article about a niche I knew virtually nothing about (again 300 words), and that took me about an hour, purely because I had to research for practically every word I wrote...

kiteguy123, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  11. Erin Mullin

Erin Mullin Guest

Best Answers:
    It takes me no more than thirty to forty minutes to draft and edit an article like this. That being said, the process becomes more lengthily when I am writing about a subject I’m not familiar with.

Erin Mullin, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  12. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm a copywriter so my first order of business is to sell via the written word. My job is to convert once they get there. However, I don't ignore SEO and am, in fact, an SEO copywriter.

The key is balance. And not everyone appreciates that. But if you start with that instead of heavy SEO articles that are not engaging you don't stand to make much. Furthermore, when you try to change it later you can lose the rank you worked so hard to build since you're on delicate footing with articles packed with keywords and no substance.

So I write for my audience and then go back and play with keywords. There are some design tricks (totally legal) that I use to highlight certain elements and often those have keyword phrases. So balance between good content and SEO is what really counts in the long run.

So how long does it take me? If I know the target market it takes less time than if I don't know my target.

webgal, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  13. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Knowing the subject can help, but it doesn't start there. If it's SEO they are after, they likely have particular keywords. However, if they don't, it takes time to research the best keywords to focus on. Also, some clients appreciate it if you offer advice, while others take it as an insult.

vgal, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  14. Monalisha

Monalisha Guest

Best Answers:
    For an SEO copy writer it is important to have knowledge of SEO. And if you are using Latent Semantic Indexing, you need to make thorough research to find and put the “search engine determined” synonyms into the content.

Monalisha, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  15. mousee

mousee Active Member

Best Answers:
    30-40 minutes to collect the information, 20 minutes to create the idea (but it can take much more time), max. 30 minutes to write, 10 minutes to review. IMHO

mousee, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  16. saman01

saman01 Peon

Best Answers:
    If resource information is provided by the client,it takes almost 30-40 minutes to get a decent article written and proofread.

saman01, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  17. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    takes me about an hour. I do extensive research, put all data together and write in a captivating tone, often requiring multiple rewrites. I'm Scorpio, anything less than the best is not goo enough ;)

muncle, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  18. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I need the time only :)
    For example it can take up to 3-6 hours for me to write 1 well-structured SEO-oriented article about 500 words. Could you please tell me how much time it can take for you to do the same. Of course, if it is not a secret :)

3DProf4online, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  19. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks mousee :) Your answer is the best so far :) You are one of those who have answered my question correctly! Congratulations! :)

3DProf4online, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  20. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Huh? I never realized there are correct and incorrect answers to a question that asks about other people's efficiency and productivity.

muncle, Jul 29, 2008 IP