1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JohnChow.com demoted to PR3 - Shoemoney.com up to PR6

Discussion in 'Google' started by Bryce, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You all make me laugh.

1) Why do you care about somebody else PR?
    2) Why do you care about PR at all?

lol, losers.

kush86, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    i respectfully don't see what the big deal is about PR other than resell value or bragging rights. it doesn't increase or decrease your traffic. my 9 y/o site was a Not Available rank for the last several months up until the last update. and now after the latest round this weekend, another webmaster's site which happens to be the number one site for this niche went from PR4 to Not Available. he is still up top the google search results. if he's in the philippines, i'm sure his family isn't going hungry.;)

abercrombie, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  3. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Find somewhere else to play if you're not going to add anything but one-liners to the discussion. :p

That's exactly what several Wall Street analysts said about Knol. Let's face it, Google has been dumping rumours and clever acquisitions and buyouts over the last few years to boost their ticker. However, Wall Street is very quick to catch this behaviour and act accordingly.

btw, anybody here the news on ex-Google engineer, Anna Patterson's new search engine Cuil ??

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=8660584

:)

Bryce, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  4. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is a huge factor when determining the index for a SERP. It's not the ONLY factor, but it is the most important. That's why it's such a big deal. In general, if your PR increases, your listings will rise in the SERP. If your PR falls, your listing will fall lower in the SERP.

That's why it's such a big deal. In the grand scheme of things, it's not as important as your content, but it's pretty high on the list.

selectsplat, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  5. themanbeast9

themanbeast9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even know why Google issues PR at all. It is an outdated and flawed system.

I think the new pagerank system should be based on age and trust. Trust is the number of quality backlinks you have, and age is obviously, based on age.

I agree with all points you made, Bryce. My Panthers blog had lots of links pointing to it from quality sports sites, but only gets a PR1. Other MFA sites have crap links pointing to them and get a PR2+.

Something needs to be done.

themanbeast9, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  6. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is totally correct!

JohnChow blog is useless, unless you wanna learn what he eats for breakfast, where he sleeps at night and where he takes his daughter out...

Come on, get real...

shenron, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley and qprojects like this.
  7. itcn

itcn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer this question just look at the pagerank formula. Pagerank is not solely determined by how many backlinks you have; but by the quality of those links. So it is possible for a site with only a couple hundred links to have a pagerank of 4 (I know, because I have a few :) while a site with over 100,000 links only has a pagerank of 3. You also have to take into account how many of those links are nofollow, etc.

BUT, you are right on the money with Google. I definitely do think they are biased and they don't adhere to their own guidelines.

Why indeed is text-link-ads a PR7 when Google says you should NOT be buying or selling links?!? Shouldn't they simply be removed from the google index as a "spam" site in their own eyes?

itcn, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  8. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice observation :)
    +rep from my side

skypeace, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    Bryce likes this.
  9. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see what the big fuss here is about... We do not know all of the ways in which Google weights (and applies penalties for) PageRank, nor SERPs. For us to look in from the outside, and try to justify why one website is better than the other (based solely on Yahoo backlink quantity - and make a 'stand' against it without knowing the entire story) will not get us any further to learning how to get ourselves higher in the SERPs (which is probably of more interest than discussing someone other website's PR).

James_P, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  10. theredgiant

theredgiant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JohnChow is crap all right. He doesn't even deserve PR3. All right. But shoemomey doesn't deserve PR6 either. If google can strip small blogs of pr for doing paid reviews, why does shoemoney get away with it?

theredgiant, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  11. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Or maybe its just my personal blog and I could gie a shit who reads it?

John chow is nuked in Google because even after getting warnings he took the "screw google" approach in selling links and taking part in linking schemes.

Shoemoney.com was nuked in google for 2 years until last winter

Your a complete fucking idiot. My revenue has come from companies I have built. My blog makes dick.

Your use of the Alexa graph to make a point is hilarious. Look up any site that gets a lot of traffic from SEO's and you will see the exact same trend. Its because Alexa has been slowly disallowing the massive influence of toolbar data.

[​IMG]

Shoemoney, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    All paid reviews I have done have been labeled as such and meet Google's Guidelines

13. bankrollboost

bankrollboost Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are definitely issues with Google's current setup, but I don't see there being any major changes in the near future. Google created the link buying market, and now they are saying its bad. Without buying links in some industries its impossible to get a site ranking, esp. if its brand new.

bankrollboost, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  14. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I was waiting for Shoemoney's appearance, am I a bad person because of this?

JeremiaSK8, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  15. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right on, in fact, so many of us here in this thread are obviously not willing to be fooled anymore by this game being played on us.

Funny, shoemoney's #1 link in Yahoo is JohnChow and vice versa. On top of Shoemoney's links are JenSense, B2Evolution, SearchEngineLand and the kicker "Review Me" <- (lol, I thought Google hated paid reviews and paid links) - if that's not reciprocal linking (which Google penalizes all of us for), I don't know what is.. BS...

I have one site with over 333K backlinks IN GOOGLE and 169K in Yahoo with tons of PR4,5,6 backlinks and it's still sitting at a PR4. Not to mention my main blog just got whacked from PR4 to PR0 for no reason other than telling the truth about Google's inadequacies.

For those of you reading this thread who keep saying PR doesn't matter - you obviously have no clue about selling advertising. A PR6 blog that has faked 11K feedburner stats will definitely generate more advertising income than a PR0 blog with 50 real RSS readers - even if the latter has more traffic than the former. btw, you all do know that these "gurus" have been gaming their feedburner stats, which is why some of them have recently removed their feedburner widgets now that feedburner has plugged the hole they were exploiting (not to mention, if you want a ton of feedburner readers all you have to do is use FeedBlitz, a couple of proxies and some anonymous email services like Mailinator and subscribe away).

Advertisers have dumbed up and are looking at PR and RSS counts, not traffic and low bounce rates. This was Google's intention from the beginning. - Hello - and I'm sick of food being taken off my table when I work my butt off to deliver original, honest content.

In my case, my blog that got whacked still has real authority in it's niche, so I'll be ok but for all of those who got whacked for doing paid reviews and selling a few links, I totally empathize with you. Google should just shut the hell up and let everyone make money if they're going to turn a blind eye to the network bloggers.

Bryce, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  16. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    And you deserved to be BANNED from DP for using language like this and launching such a filthy personal attack. You do a great dis-service to this forum as a moderator.

You've only shown your arrogance/ignorance once again

Grow up man..

Now you all see how Shoemoney deals with people and he wonders why no respectable person would read his childish blog anymore ???

:mad:

Bryce, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  17. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Yes everyone please stop reading my blog. Thread closed.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.