1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does the president actually make foreign policy?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by pingpong123, Jul 27, 2008.

I mean i know the office of the president has alot of power but does he truely make foreign policy or is it made from outside the whitehouse?
    Guys what do you think?

pingpong123, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  2. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    US President is just a pawn. Everyone knows who controls US and its foreign policy.

A famous statement of Ariel Sharon pretty much sheds light on it.

Idiot Inside, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You have cited some interesting sources. Do you have anything to offer besides this crap?:

The National Alliance is a white nationalist and white separatist far right organization. It was founded by William Luther Pierce, and is based in Hillsboro, West Virginia. Although it is based in the United States, the National Alliance claims to have members in various countries throughout the world. Membership is not based upon citizenship in any particular country, but on perceived white, gentile European ancestry. The National Alliance is often included in lists of neo-Nazi groups, in part due to its glorification of Adolf Hitler. For example, an article appearing in a 1989 issue of its magazine National Vanguard celebrated the 100th anniversary of Hitler's birth, declaring him "the greatest man of our era".​

David Irving's reputation as a historian was widely discredited after he brought an unsuccessful libel case against American historian Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books in 1998. During the trial, an English court found that Irving was an "active Holocaust denier," as well as an antisemite and racist, and that he "associates with right-wing extremists who promote neo-Nazism." The judge also ruled that Irving had "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence."​

browntwn, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  4. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
  5. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
    Why you want something else? because truth stings? or because its not what you are used to hear? or because it demolish your fake mindset of being a free man? :rolleyes:

Its truth, closing eyes won't change it. Get over it. Buddy.

PS. ..and I had to post it, because topic was related, somehow. And I'll post it every time I feel its remotely related. Cheers :D

6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now i dont know about all this info, but i do believe that the elite policy makers are just people with many connections, and great wealth who can put great pressure on positions of power on others. Throughout history its been very common for the state to have a figurehead who people believe is the leader of a country. Was julias ceasar all powerful? He was killed by his own preatorian guard. Human nature has almost always been like this. Once a person accumulates great power and wealth they usually want more and more. Its the lure that power and wealth has.

Has this really changed throughout the centuries? You guys decide:)

pingpong123, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cesear was killed by Brutas and other members of the Roman Senate.

The President makes the foreign policy but the US Senate must ratify all treaties.

There is so much going on in the world that the President has to rely on his advisors for a lot of his decisions.

bogart, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    The President does have quite a bit of power, but he is not the only one with authority. I personally feel though that he does have some responsibility in establishing a foreign policy. The things he says, the actions he puts out there that he wants to take, those all speak about what approach he is going to have with others.

PHPGator, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  9. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Throughout the history of mankind there were Kings and there were King Makers.

wmghori, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congress has the power of the purse strings. It's hard to make foreign policy if you have no money.

bogart, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  11. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree, but totally ignoring the UN and doing those types of things certainly don't help anything. I'm not saying that what the UN does is always right or even was right at the time when the whole Iraq situation was going on. But I think we have some work to do in reestablishing some of our allies in Germany and France. In fact, we really only have two close allies at the moment in my opinion, that being England and Israel. Canada is just our step child. <- things like this don't help either, i know. ;)

PHPGator, Jul 29, 2008 IP