1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ashoke Banerjee SEO scam - beware of fraud

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Italkcash, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    1k for some easy linking that ends up not ranking very well on a low competition ltkw huh? I'm in the wrong business.

glenndorsey, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  2. califmike2003

califmike2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting a little pissed off are we ping, yes you do have something to gain, money for your referal to Ashoke, there is no other reasonable exsplanation why your defending him as if he was your brother. Good luck ping, no hard feelings, i just dont get you.

califmike2003, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  3. taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon Peon

Best Answers:
    pingpong123 is "Ashoke Banerjee" - that couldn't be more obvious.

This guy offered me SEO services at one point as well. I couldn't believe how much he was asking and couldn't promise anything, and had no results to show from the past.

taylorwilsdon, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    What makes you say that? Do you have any evidence? In this case it means pingpong123 has a duplicate account which warrants banning in this forum. Can you post your proof? I can't see what is so obvious about that. It is a serious allegation, please substantiate it.

wisdomtool, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  5. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure it's not a duplicate account, I think they are two different people.

BUT

The way Pinpong pops up every time they guy is mentioned, pushes his services as every opportunty, defends him far beyond what a normal client would do, and in his previous posts admits he has a 'partnership' with the guy - well it's pretty obvious what is going on.

MattUK, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  6. Italkcash

Italkcash Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, Ashoke is CRAP at SEO! He should be embarrassed to even say that he knows SEO. He is shit, totally crappy at what he does. This guy is probably the worst person on the planet to work with. Despite all the excuses Ashok IS BAD AT SEO, END OF STORY!

Italkcash, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  7. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its time to end this thread

oseymour, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    ssandecki likes this.
  8. technojuice

technojuice Peon

Best Answers:
    END THIS THREAD ! ITS NONSENSE .... 8 pages of TU TU MEIN MEIN ... and pingpong its time to come out of the closet !

technojuice, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  9. chip01

chip01 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread has been an interesting read, tbh i think pingpong is ashoke or are related, no one can love their seo that much.

chip01, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  10. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    here in germany this site is ranked 75! just as an info

jophan, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  11. elreygenio

elreygenio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, sorry about the Ashoke deal. At the very least he is gouging people for low level work anyone with minimal search engine marketing knowledge could do for free. $1000? Geez!

And its quite clear from his posts that PingPong123, if not Ashoke himself, is working in concert with Ashoke. (it doesn't take a weather-man to know which way the wind is blowing)

I looked at your site and there are a couple things you can do to improve your ranking for FREE.

1) Create pages entitled offshore-companies.html, Offshore-Holding-companies.html, offshore-bank-accounts.html, etc. for each of the links from your main index page. Google likes keywords in the page titles.

2) Post a few articles about these subjects in article sites. You can see them (ranked by alexa) at: http://www.beansoftware.com/article-sites-master-list.aspx

3) Make a Blogger.com blog about offshore banking and corporations.

4) Create a free pdf report about offshore offshore banking and corporations and post a squeeze page URL or download link to it on forums (tip: check Yahoo forums).

5) If you're willing to pay for traffic why not use Google Adwords? There doesn't seem to be any competition for your niche on there so you can bid $.03 a click and get in the top-left triangle (the hottest spot) cheap.

6) There's a SEO/SEM traffic guide that has all of the best free and paid traffic tactics called Traffic Whoopass. You can get a FREE copy of Traffic Whoopass Special report at:

http://www.trafficwhoopass.com

elreygenio, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    chip01 likes this.
  12. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    129% Agreed... This is an internal issue.

astup1didiot, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  13. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok i have no idea who Ashoke is or if he is a good SEO as i haven't looked, but the term "Offshore Company" is a dead simple one. Yesterday i made a blank page in my Wordpress Theme Viewer that has just 197 backlinks and included the term in my Title and twice in the Description and nothing else. A total of 2 minutes work.

Went to bed, woke up today and i'm in #11 searching from the US.

http://i35.tinypic.com/6z54wy.png

I have refreshed my stats, and i have seen 1 hit from it (me) so whoever is going after that term may want to shoot for a different one.

sweetfunny, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  14. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:

lol I wonder if it would cost double ($2k) to rank #11? :D

glenndorsey, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  15. ChristianBlake

ChristianBlake Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranked as #22 for me on Google and I'm based in Southern CA.

btw, wordtracker is good as dead nowadays. Google is showing the search volumes now, and I got "offshore company" showing 27,000 searches last month alone. Exact match is 5,400. Not a bad keyword if it's what you want, and to rank #22 is fine. Getting on page 2 shouldn't take much longer.

ChristianBlake, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    The post started with the OP accusing Ashoke of being a scammer as the OP do not know how to look for his ranking. It has evolved into the OP accusing Ashoke as inept in SEO after all the evidence that was presented to him

The discussions are centered on Ashoke work which I can't comment as I had not used his services. But can we go back to the topic proper? Which the OP is accusing Ashoke of being a scammer? I think it is quite clear that he is not a scammer, just that the OP do not know how to check Google correctly.

wisdomtool, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    pingpong123 likes this.
  17. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    On point as usual; too bad I need to spread more rep before giving more to wisdomtool :cool:

astup1didiot, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  18. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    again, i see your site on my google.com at #31. this geo based results are
    really a bad idea by google to my mind

jophan, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  19. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    That is exactly why i stated "Searching from the US" in my post.

If you conduct a search through a US based proxy like www.hidemyass.com you will see results as if you were searching from the US, and you will see the same results as my screenshot.

sweetfunny, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  20. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, this could be of course, but I dont understand why google is doing this.
    I mean how should google know that our search behaviour requires the results
    google shows us?

jophan, Jul 26, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.