1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    How is that misleading?

How do you focus "focus more on terrorist sanctuaries in Pakistan" without invading? You can't. Ohh unless Obama start an email program to rid the world of terrorist.

homebizseo, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I already answered this before homebiz, there are many ways to 'focus' on items.

But I guess when we focus on illegal immigration that will be invading! When we focus on drugs being smuggled in that will be invading.

You honestly do not see how untruthful and out of touch with reality you are? :confused:

GRIM, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To show I answered this already, yet you'll continue to bring up it's either invasion or emails.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned to someone via PM, arguing/debating with certain people around here is like playing Whack-a-Mole. No matter how many times you respond, they keep coming back and bringing up the same lame arguments ad nauseum.

browntwn, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    I would classify Obama's foreign policy as "moderately pro-war hawk"

Honestly, his foreign policy isn't much different than McCain's, despite how much they'll twist and torture their words to make it sound unique.

Here's what the next ~5-8 years looks like regardless of which one is elected:

-Draw down in Iraq
    -Surge in Afghanistan
    -Iran ???
    -Advisers in Central Africa and Southwest Asia in preparation for possible military intervention
    -Funnel money and weapons to anyone in Africa, Mid East, or Asia who will give us access to the area for business or military

The risk, of course, is not necessarily Iran at this point. No, the bigger risk I see is that some of the "soft power" they want to peddle in Darfur and Burma might sparks tensions with China and create a shift to an adversarial relationship where we had once enjoyed a pretty solid strategic alliance.

If Bush can be credited with anything, its that he played well with China. (Funny how the same could be said for Nixon)

Moving forward I'm honestly afraid of what happens if the Pentagon and public opinion go against China's imperial interests. China vs. USA is a fight that could only be won by the nations who stayed uninvolved.

korr, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Put me on ignore bowntwn

I just do not see how we can control the border without crossing over. If we cross over we may be shooting at Pakistani, Taliban and Al Qaeda. If we cross over we will be invading. The terrain on the Pakistani border is treacheries and very confusing.:confused: We can't even secure our own border much less one in the Middle East.

homebizseo, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  7. arnab

arnab Peon

Best Answers:
    pakistan is world's most failed nation. u don need to invade it. it will die off by itself.

arnab, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Getting permission to go into ones country is also not 'invading' working with Pakistan to further go after those we wish is not 'invading'

You are pulling invading out of thin air, it does not exist in the words Obama stated, not even close.

GRIM, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  9. 7point4

7point4 Guest

Best Answers:
    bumm, i though obama was an anti-war, have they bought him already? or is he just playing to proof he isn't a muslim ??

by the way- UK has abandoned term "war on terror"

7point4, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    With Obama it depends on which side he is speaking to. It is pro anything or anti anything it all depends on the time of day.

homebizseo, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is a huge difference from going to 'Iraq' which had nothing to do with our war on terror, to continuing the fight the American Public backed.

GRIM, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes you you think Iraq was not involved in any terrorist activity. Am I reading that wrong. I do not want to put words in your mouth. Can you clarify?

homebizseo, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  13. Strike X

Strike X Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't Obama realise how strong Pakistani Military are?

Strike X, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I said 'our war on terror' almost all countries are guilty of supporting a terrorist or terrorist group, hell even the good old USA is.

Iraq had nothing to do with the terrorists we were fighting.

Were a few in Iraq? Yes, in the north, in areas where Saddam for the most part did not have control WE had more control via the no fly zones than Saddam did.

GRIM, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  15. mrfazee

mrfazee Peon

Best Answers:
    OBAMA dream on! If he thinks he tries to invade Pakistan, he will start world war 3! Pakistan is nuclear armed state! It has a strong military and has a very strategic location! Pakistan neighbors China, I am sure China will not such a large American presence right in Pakistan, so it will not let that happen! Pakistan neighbors Iran, another American enemy! Pakistan neighbors Afghanistan, a place where Al-Qaeda is present and all the lack is weapons, which the Pakistanis will give with ease! Russia will not the Americans significantly increase their presence in Afghanistan, they too will support the the taliban!

Obama will make a big mistake, probably the biggest mistake in American history by invading Pakistan!

mrfazee, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try reading next time, nowhere does Obama state 'invade' the OP decided upon himself to read into what Obama stated as 'invade' which it is not.

GRIM, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  17. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Liars of Mass Exploitation (LME)
    Is not it funny that when you talk about Usa you can talk only WAR.

zangief, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  18. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    No one will have to invade Pakistan, the country is falling apart and will soon be begging other countries for military intervention.

earthfaze, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  19. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Homebizseo, iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11 and the war on terror. This was proven many times over. Bush claimed wmd's(there were none), he also claimed there were al queda there(there were none).
    I had this debate many times over.

If you want to know our track record in the middle east its never been that honest and you can start with iran in the 1950's. I wonder what other info the government will let us see in 20 years when they release the truth again (thanks to the freedom of information act of 1971). This was clearly a war to weaken iraq in many ways and to install a pro american government style iraqi government . They did this in iran and look at what type of government they now have in that country.

pingpong123, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  20. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    US govt. needs to stop pooking its nose into other country's business in the name of national interest. I believe its the one and only reason for hatered towards USA.

wmghori, Jul 26, 2008 IP