1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TWO NOVEL WAYS I Am Marketing My Website! :-)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Fatherspirit, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3030150

3030150 Peon

Best Answers:
    very interesting :)

3030150, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  2. pichuya

pichuya Peon

Best Answers:
    cool idea :)

pichuya, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  3. apeterson

apeterson Guest

Best Answers:
    rather ingenious! The sand idea is sooo unique. OTB thinking my friend

apeterson, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  4. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice idea! I got some stickers printed off a while ago but I've never had the courage to stick them up anywhere (apart from on the side of my motorcycle!)

pondlife, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Post them on gas pumps, drive through order boards, grocery store poster boards, atm machines, on the edge of the spot where you load groceries on the belt at the store.

Inside the shopping carts they may have an ad placard already. Post over theirs. Grocery store shelves. Toy store shelves. Hardware stores Bathroom stalls.

Subway Bus & Train Platforms. Traffic Light Posts at Busy Intersections or where ever a lot of traffic is at a stand still. Park Benches, Park Trash Cans. Trash cans, Vendors carts.

Newspaper Boxes, Mailboxes, Telephone Booths, Mall Advertising Stands

Parking lots of cars. Place a 4 by 4 paper ad on the windshields

Basically you want to put your ad anywhere people need to look, in order to do something.

It is also Guerilla tactics - might not sit well with other people. Be careful Don't spam any one place lol.

Spread your marketing out!!

:D

Sem-Advance, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Now how exactly did either of those drive traffic to your "make money" blog?

That picture of the paper editing was clearly not from your site as all these images have been taken from google images...

Are you sure you aren't just fishing for revenue sharing and clicks to your site from your sig link?

taylorwilsdon, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  7. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    life tyakes courage. thats just the it is

clinton, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. webairchris

webairchris Peon

Best Answers:
    First method is very clever I like it!

webairchris, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  9. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a laser-cut gobo and drive around with a spot light in the back of a truck and shine your URL on the sides of buildings at night (think Bat Signal). I made one for a radio station a few years ago and it was great... The image is mobile, huge, it attracts attention (especially downtown at bar closing time) and you can easily set up anywhere a large crowd gathers (after a sporting event, 4th of July fireworks, etc...).

TopSpin, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  10. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    I purchased a beater vehicle and placed one of my domain names in the back window then just drive around town or park it in a popular spot on the weekends and leave it.

desilator, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  11. Jamison1114

Jamison1114 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting ready to sell my '97 Chevy Tahoe, so I decided to create a website to help sell my car.

One of the benefits I have is that I'm able to place my car at a relatives house that lives on a busy Main street. I'm planning on parking the car at the end of the lot right next to the street, andplacing a large sign, probably 10' by 3' that says For Sale...visit: www."StreetName"Chevy.com (Obviously you would place your "Street Name" in the proper place.)

Also, when they go to the webpage to look at my car, I'm going to offer my services to create a similar webpage for their vehicle. $30 a site.

"Need Help Selling Your Vehicle With Minimal Out-Of-Pocket Expenses...I CAN HELP!"

:)

I wonder how many people are going to try to turn this idea into their own business!?!? LOL

Jamison1114, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  12. The_Joker

The_Joker Banned

Best Answers:
    Great Ideas, Thanks! :)

The_Joker, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  13. [DWH]Tang

[DWH]Tang Peon

Best Answers:
    Good work! Not really re-inventing the wheel but hey it works! kudos.

[DWH]Tang, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course he is.

These ideas are so inefficient it's laughable. Write your URL in the sand? Ok, I'm sure that will get you about 10 untargeted visitors before the tide comes in. Really good use of half an hour... ;)

dlm, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Most newspapers have done this for decades.

Online there are sites such as cars.com vehix.com autotrader.com that do this as well.

You have a good idea taken from Realtors who use the street address as the URL for web sales.

;)

Might want to try a niche sales effort instead....think volvo sales, chevytahoe sales, fordf150 sales, lexus sales.....

Niche sites focusing on the one model would likely be better able to gather targeted buyers and sellers.

The problem with large sites like the ones mentioned above are most people like a particular model car, which means the big sites do not serve the market correctly.

Build a better mousetrap!!
    :D

Sem-Advance, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  16. Jamison1114

Jamison1114 Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand where you're coming from, but my intentions are not to sell vehicles...I just want to get rid of my gas guzzler. :) That's why I decided to venture for a Cost-Effective means of selling my vehicle on my own, rather than sites like AutoTrader.

The idea of creating a business out of this is not my intention. If people are interested in duplicating what I've done though, I'd be more than happy to offer my service.... for a small fee. :)

By using a FREE Website Builder ( www.FreeWebs.com ) I've been able to develop a marketing tool that has great advantages:
    • It saves people time from having to stop at my house to look at the car, by providing them with a catchy domain name they can remember until they get home.
    • Individuals purchasing a car are likely to be selling a vehicle as well. By providing this duplicable webpage, they now have a cheap alternative to Autotrader where they can advertise for as long as they wish...for a 1-time Cheap price. Which is much better than AutoTrader's $25 for a 3-week ad with 1 photo (Granted Auto-Trader advertises nation-wide...but who's to say I won't post a Thread in a Tahoe Forum? Just a thought)
    • You don't have to be home for people to look at your car! They can view it online and arrange a time to test drive it at YOUR convenience!

In regards to big sites and Niche sites...

I think the site is pretty targeted. The traffic passing by the vehicle will remember the Street Name no problem. The majority uses it everyday to commute to and from work. They will also remember Chevy better than Tahoe. People stand next to my car and call it a Suburban all the time, even though there's a "Tahoe" emblem on the back. So instead of causing confusion, I figured Chevy would be sufficient...wouldn't you agree!

I know others would agree that this is an effective means of targeting traffic. Hey, it's better than writing my URL in the sand. (No Offense). I just know that I will have at least 5,000 vehicles pass by a day who will see my Vehicle, and with a realistic 1% response rate I'm already doing better than sitting at home waiting for people to ring my bell asking to look at the car. Who wouldn't go for that many unique visits a day...not bad for FREE advertising is it!

Jamison1114, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  17. minisite911

minisite911 Peon

Best Answers:
    great post Dave!
    thanks for sharing! :)

minisite911, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  18. Fatherspirit

Fatherspirit Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your upbeat, positive response Minisite911! I'm glad that you liked my post! Your response made my day!
    Regards,
    Dave.

Fatherspirit, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  19. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

OK my point was there are already places offering to build a page to sell cars.

I was adding to your idea by the including the thoughts of selling / buying used cars by niche.

All the car sales sites usually sell every model.

I know someone who does web hosting and developed web hosting sites for most niche businesses. So there is a site for law hosting, a site for medical hosting, a site for pizza shops hosting and many others.

The niches speak to the individual much better than an everybody site. Its sort of a pre-sell

Hope you sell your gas guzzler!

Sem-Advance, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  20. Jamison1114

Jamison1114 Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand your thought on a "Pre-sell " URL address, it is a good way to keep specifics locked in their mind.

I appreciate the add on to my idea, hopefully Dave can turn this idea into an effective strategy to help him market his site...that includes everyone else too who's also looking for strategies from this thread!

Best of Luck!

Jamison1114, Jul 23, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.