1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

....i need some guidance

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by doridori, Jul 20, 2008.

Okay so my investment in this website is about 500 dollars. Started 3 months ago.

Awstats reports around 40,000 ~ 60,000 unique visitors per month, with 1,000,000~1,400,000 impressions per month.

The problem with this site is that it eats up a lot of traffic. Close to 100gb everyday.

I tried showing as many ad network banners as possible. but it seems to be not working out to cover the hosting fees.

In the period of 3 month i have made 15 dollars. wooo.

any suggestions? also note that the site is mature in nature, so google ads says they dont allow it. :(

if you'd like i can pm you the site, i wont post it here, because i think it might be against the rules.

Thank you.

doridori, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  2. xops

xops Guest

Best Answers:
    So you've got an adult site that you need to monetize? How hard can that be?

Require a subscription to get to the bulk of the stuff being offered.

xops, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  3. Yousif

Yousif Banned

Best Answers:
    Just post everything including pictures and videos free. Trust me, over time it will grow. There are too many websites doing this right now, and they are all at competition by releasing their media with no sign-ups and charging nothing. That way, you will attract more visitors because people rely on anything that is easy; instant gratification. It's been 3 months, wait longer and keep doing what you are on your end, things will get better. If anything, upgrade your server so it's performance can satisfy your users since you said there's a lot of bandwidth being sucked.

Yousif, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  4. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find good adult vendor (I know of one but I don't know what's the policy on this forum about adult sites so PM me if you need more info) and promote their programs as an affiliate.

Most of them offer free services and you'll still get paid for every subscription (I know of one that pays 40$+) which means that it should be reasonably easy to convert.

Good luck

JoseArmando, Jul 20, 2008 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  5. redspace

redspace Peon

Best Answers:
    adult site visitors are the least visitor to spend any money. People who has money don't spend time in that kind of sites. Why? Well you should know if you have the money.

redspace, Jul 20, 2008 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  6. indyeah

indyeah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with what i read, i can make out you have a adult website , i would recommened you to give some contents if not all for free, you can do this by creating a archive blog on your index page, that will get you some more hits and some more ad clicks :).
    Hope that helps,
    All the best for project

indyeah, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  7. ProgMania

ProgMania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try FriendFinder ?

ProgMania, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  8. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    hello,

thank you guys for the responses.

I am currently signed up with blacklabelads, adtoll, etology, adgate (not sure of name).

i will try friendfinder.

i am still open to suggestions....but i think there are no CPM ad networks for adult sites.

doridori, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  9. tmontana

tmontana Guest

Best Answers:
    i hear adult friendfinder is excellent !!

tmontana, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  10. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use mod_deflate to deliver compressed pages and cut down a little on traffic overhead, but given that your main content is images and not text, it won't help much. You can pretty much forget advertising on XXX sites at all. Because your content is images, nobody except other XXX sites could place targeted ads on your pages and they face the same problem you do: At some point, a real sale has to be made to put money into the system. Banners do not create it magically. Plastering your pages with banners will even earn you less money, because visitors become annoyed and leave.

If your investment so far was 500$, I am a bit curious, where your content came from. I doubt, you can hire a lot of models and a photostudio from that money as well as pay your hosting costs. So, if my suspicion is true, I'd just suggest trying to sell off the domain before someone sues for copyright infringement.

blackonyx, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  11. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    i would sell it if someone offered me a good price for it.

doridori, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  12. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Does "not loosing any more money" on it sound like a good deal? Seriously, if you don't have any idea what to change in order to make money, what makes you think, that something will change automatically? Sometimes it really just is a matter of just capping your losses.

blackonyx, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  13. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    im slowly making more money by increasing # of ads appearing.

but i'd sell it if i was offered a good price is all im saying.

doridori, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  14. srinivas26

srinivas26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Do u have Google Analytics for your site, see for which keywords they are coming and wich pages they are going and what time they are spending. See that they are getting from the right keywors or not. Try to get top positions for your main keywords as well as low keywords. Its very easy to get top positions for low keywords. Go for low keywords and get top positions and it will help for your top keywords position also. If you are looking for links i can give you, pls contact me at - texasddc at gmail dot com

srinivas26, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  15. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry for bumping, but i just visit this again for guidance.

how do you get top positions ?

i've sent you an email.

thank you.

doridori, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  16. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    also i removed the big ads....

it totally backfired on me. i discovered while visiting the site through a different browser, the ad would totally cover up the contents....

it seems like everytime i try to do something different on the site, i fuck things up and visitors drop.

i think its best that i do not touch the site besides fixing it when the site is down and stuff.

doridori, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  17. Josef Benjamin

Josef Benjamin Member

Best Answers:
    Keep at it dori, you tried a concept and it didnt' work, big freakin' deal. It happens. Now you know one more thing that doesn't work and your that much closer to your own breakthrough

Josef Benjamin, Aug 2, 2008 IP