1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Phplinkbid License Alert

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Tekime, Jul 19, 2008.

This message has been sent to all phpLinkBid users but I wanted to post this here to give everyone a clear head's up.

phpLinkBid continues to become more popular each day, but unfortunately some individuals continue to abuse our script licenses or even run pirated copies of phpLinkBid.

On August 1st, 2008 phpLinkBid will be forced to take action against some Web sites identifed as running unlicensed phpLinkBid installations. phpLinkBid is NOT free software. Using it without a license is ILLEGAL. "Not knowing" is still illegal.

* A single site license is only valid for ONE phpLinkBid site
    * Single site branding removal is valid for ONE phpLinkBid site

License abuse hurts everyone, including each of our customers. Most of our customers have been extremely supportive and fair about our licensing. I would like to take this time to personally thank each and every customer who has shown their support.

Purchasing Licenses

We understand that there can be some confusion about licensing and we really want to help everyone in the phpLinkBid community.

For existing phpLinkBid customers - we are offering a big discount until August 1st. Save 25% on ANY license until August 1st with coupon code PHPLBROCKS.

Just enter PHPLBROCKS at checkout for your huge 25% discount:

http://www.phplinkbid.com/order.php

Questions?

If there are any questions feel free to contact our support department.

http://support.phplinkbid.com/

You can also visit the phpLinkBid community forums with your questions/comments:

http://forums.phplinkbid.com/

Suspected Abuse?

Please report suspected abuse to our support department:

http://support.phplinkbid.com/

Best Regards,
    Gabriel Harper, Owner
    phpLinkBid.com

Tekime, Jul 19, 2008 IP
    SEO-WATCH likes this.
  2. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Can you explain how people abuse your script license? Are there pirated copies available?

hhheng, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  3. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortunately yes there are. Primarily for v1.2. Of course anyone using these isn't going to get updates or support. And come August they will be shut down.

Primarily four ways people are taking advantage of our licensing:

1. Downloading warez copies
    2. Giving away the download/source code
    3. Running > 1 site on a single site license
    4. Removing footer link w/o license

I hate that we have to start taking these measure but SO much work has gone into this script. And really it hurts all of our paying customers and script development. So come August we'll be contacting all suspected site owners and taking necessary measures.

I'm going to try my hardest to be fair with everyone and cut some slack here since the phpLinkBid craze has been hard to ignore. ;) But for those who just want to be jerks and continue to pirate/copy/share/etc. the end is nigh. ;)

For the most part people have been GREAT about licensing. The support has never gone unappreciated. :D

Tekime, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. SEO-WATCH

SEO-WATCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never have used phpLinkBid and would like to try it. Is there also a discount coupon available for first time buyers...?

I would appreciate if this is available as I would like to replace my bidding directory that is running on a free version of LinkBidScript with phpLinkBid.

Off course the new addons of phpLinkBid are awesome I like it.

SEO-WATCH, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  5. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for your interest. :)

Just enter LINKBID at checkout for 15% off (good for anyone).

You may want to check out this thread on migrating from link bid script. :cool:

Tekime, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  6. SEO-WATCH

SEO-WATCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate I just have bought the script and I'm testing it now. I will migrate all the bids manual now from my old database here is the website: http://www.premointer.com notice that we are still working on it.

SEO-WATCH, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  7. pablopabla

pablopabla Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...it wouldn't be fair to us who are using the licensed script. How would you propose to take action against these guys who have abused the license or are using unlicensed scripts? Surely, the legal costs involved would outweight the cost of the license itself?

pablopabla, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  8. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    tekime - the licences that were originally emailed to us we no longer have. However, PayPal history can prove our 2 purchases pf the script.

On that note and without having the licence info, how can we upgrade to the latest version?

vicdigi, Jul 21, 2008 IP