1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezine articles submission EXPERIMENT

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by JoseArmando, Mar 6, 2008.

1. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    alstar70, Apr 21, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  2. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why are wasting all your traffic? If the affiliate offer doesn't work, place adsense. It won't be much, but still a few bucks a day is better than 0.

JohnS0N, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  3. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    This is very dissapointing.. I think I am never going to try bum marketing! I'll gv PPC a go

GrandCanyon, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. Paul Ho

Paul Ho Peon

Best Answers:
    Aww.. just because one guy didn't do well doesn't mean the entire method is trash. There are countless others who've used Bum marketing to much success. After all it's one of the few ways to get free traffic.

Paul Ho, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. guptishika

guptishika Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG please dont disappoint us jose,when i started reading the thread ,it was so

inspiring,and eventually as i read that so many hops but no sale,cant

imagine,though I am very sure your hard work will eventually pay,one day you

will hit upon the right method which will make you tons of money but for now I

really want motivating words from other bum marketers who are successfully

using this method,so that i keep myself motivated till I eventually become

sucessful.

guptishika, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    A little update from me..

As a matter of fact I've started earning quite some money with offline businesses after discovering that there wasn't a problem in BUM marketing technique itself but in my mind because I was setting myself for failure.

I've realized that it's our beliefs what shapes our reality.

Thanks for all the support on this experiment and I encourage every single one of you to do something like this yourselves. It's been EYE opening for me.

JoseArmando, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  7. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Giving up is the worst thing to do! persistence and defeating the negative mind, is the key to success here! I have made well ove a grand from Clickbank, and if you think about it, you could make it a regular income, if you stick to a few good niches, and push content, landing pages, and get traffic, then you should be golden.

the key is, you need to create multiple "Nodes" of traffic to a landing page, and make the landing page nice, and to the point, and call for action.

THAT'S ALL! None of this get rich quick crap, Just a simple few step method for when it comes to building vehicles for building online income...

my two cents
    Tom Howell
    The Forex Guy

TheForexGuy, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  8. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, the strategy was all wrong. Article submissions is an SEO strategy, not an affiliate marketing strategy. Those article directories are filled with junk content for the most part so people are never going to go to them in droves. You want to submit articles to them with backlinks to YOUR site. Other sites will pickup the articles(hopefully along with the backlinks intact) in syndication to use for fresh content on their sites. Those backlinks will help YOUR site with SEO rankings.

You obviously don't mind working so if you take the approach above you will do well with articles.

As far as what DOES work for affiliate marketing? Get your own site/blog. Purchase cheap PPC traffic and drive them to a squeeze page on your site that collects their email and subsequently sends them to your affiliate landing page. Also buy cheap co-registration leads and market your affiliate offers to both the emails captured from PPC traffic and co-reg leads via email campaigns on a regular basis.

Good luck!....and if that helped anybody please give me some rep!

Searchnology.com, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  9. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats for????????????????????????

GrandCanyon, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    I am starting not to like the idea of promoting through ezinearticles.com anymore. Honestly, if you can scrounge up $100, do the following....

1. Find a decent reseller or vps hosting account under $30 a month.
    2. godaddy.com: .info domains are $2. you cannot go wrong!!!! Use either a lander from an affiliate publisher or put up a Wordpress, some hosting providers have one press wordpress, so you don't have to worry about uploading.
    3. Join Social Bookmarking Sites such as Digg, stumble upon, etc.
    4. Find your niche, follow steps 1-3, Then create a following the the social bookmarking sites, adding friends who have keywords in their names related to your niche (ex. forex, currency trading, money market, etc.)
    Make a blog post at least a few times a week, digg them, and create backlinks when you feel you don't have anything to do.

5. Make Money!!!!

My two cents, once again!
    Tom Howell

TheForexGuy, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if this will make me rich............ Why do people discourage PPC ??

12. TheForexGuy

Best Answers:
    Grand Canyon,

PPC doesn't bring bad results to a properly built campaign. Unfortunately PPC is not one of my stronger suits, as Organic traffic methods have worked better for me.

Over the long haul, Organic/SEO wins the Traffic race. Organic/SEO is more of a longer term solution then PPC is.
    Case example...
    Using PPC, you can only generate hoplinks and business when you have a PPC campaign in effect. When the cash runs out or when you stop such campaign, your hoplinks stop.

In the case of building links to a landing page, or placing articles and other information strategically through the web to gather traffic, you are leaving markers, which unless a site shuts down, and if Google spiders the site, you have a traffic point, which could potentially make a sale or more for you.

Now the more pointers that you put down, which btw are relevant to topic and product niche, you will get even more traffic. The More links you get from larger sites, to your site, you will get even more traffic. The only way for bum marketing to even remotely work, is to not only have articles with damn good content and a call to action that would make the most skeptic click, but to also have multiple points, which are highly engaging as well, and also placed in highly relevant venues on the web.

And it will get to a point, where you will stop. The sales that will start generating from the articles, links, and landing page that you have cultivated over the last couple of weeks to a few months ago, will keep going.

TheForexGuy, Jul 19, 2008 IP
    GrandCanyon likes this.
  13. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    You made a point, lets take an example:

You write 10 articles of 350 words each, all superbly written with a good call to action, all this including submitting the articles costs you: $60 or equivalent amoutn of time.
    each article generates 50 hops over a period of time so you get 500 hops if you are converting at say 5% (really too much for bum marketing) then you create 25 sales! If you earned $40/sale you make $1k!

With PPC (ofcourse only if you are good at it) you can get laser targeted traffic at mere 2-5 cents even in competitive niches (all end up paying 25 cents +/click coz they dont know PPC)

And one truth is PPC converts! Good landing pages convert at 10-20%

so for $100 i can get around 3000 clicks and if they convert at 15% net sales= 450! = $18K in sales!

But if you cant play PPC all your money will go down the hole!

We both are trying 2 prove a point, I seem to be winning:p

Anyways repped+++++++++ YOU

14. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just read your thread and sorry to hear you've packed it in. It's obvious you and your brother have the engine for writing. You really should utilize the work you've done.

Change your anchor text link in ezine to your own website as mentioned above. Maybe slice it up and send 40 articles to four seperate of your biggest pages /ie/ your home page / your product reveiw pages / your top 5 products in this niche etc. If you can do 130 odd articles, the pair of you can pump out say 30 "100% original pages" for your website.

Make sure you do your keywords meticulously - throw in an awebber newsletter sign up form, send out newsletters- (google this subject) and you will get plenty free tips + material - treat it as your hobby and 3 months from now - say- October - i'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

rob33, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  15. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    0.02 - 0.05 per click in an adwords competitive niche? I don't think so. Maybe for keywords that will never ever be searched.

3000 clicks converting at 15%???

I know you are just trying to prove a point but your points are off the charts :p

I do prefer PPC over bum marketing because it has the fastest results, and its alot more fun than writing articles all day and doing backlinks and diggs and all that shit.

If you want to really profit, you would diversify your campaigns in everything. Make a few sales a day in PPC, a few sales from bum and you have yourself a highly successful single campaign.

kinitex, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  16. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Canyonman... conversion is about the same for bum marketing as it is for PPC, it's dependant on the keywords and not how you advertise. The people who search a specific phrase are in a certain mindset, now for that search an article page or a hub site could show up, or an adwords ad. The visitor is still the same.

I've had 5% conversions with bum marketing, but that's pretty hard to achieve most of the time. I'd like to see you get over 10% through any method of promotion.

lemonarian, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  17. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'd have to agree with Kinitex and Lemon on that one......your dreaming talking about getting clicks for 2-5 cents in competitive niches, not that it can't be done, but for that price your talking about phrases that might get 1 click a day if your very lucky so there's no way in hell your getting 3000 clicks any time soon.

As for you 15% conversion , once again that's totally unrealistic.

It's quite easy to skew numbers to bulk up your side of the argument but the reality is far from it.

terryd, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  18. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:

Well, it depends on how you define success. Most of the folks on this forum would probably be happy making $500 a month with 15-20 hours a month of work with bum marketing. I would consider $500 a failed campaign if I spent more than 5 hours a month on the marketing.

As I mentioned previously, I think the strategy was flawed. Articles are best used for SEO purposes or to drive traffic to a site you own. As it sits today, the people that benefited the most were the affiliate product owners who probably got a number of free opt-in leads they can remarket to over time.

This was a GREAT case study however and everyone should give this guy some rep....As a matter of fact, there should be a forum area for case studies. It would make it easier than just stumbling upon them. If someone has juice with the DP moderators and can get a case study category added I would be willing to conduct a public SEO case study for everyone to follow.

Searchnology.com, Jul 19, 2008 IP
    wagooza likes this.
  19. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    hehe........ I get 30-50 clicks/day each for 6 cents/click for the term "Acne Guides", "Acne product Reviews" etc And 0.01/click for the terms "Acne free In 3 days" "Mr X Acne" etc And My landing pages are keyword targeted, Do not think I'll show you my landing page which has made 16 sales in the last 7 days its been online converting at 1:8, Nut instead wait for my E-book :)

The Bottom line is that with PPC you can get more targeted traffic which is ready to take action

20. guptishika

guptishika Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm great Grandcanyon,so you think PPC marketing can be effective enough if we set up a proper campaign and per click can be as low as 10 cents,so how much net profit are you generating by this method per month.

guptishika, Jul 20, 2008 IP