1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is there anything going on with google serps

Discussion in 'Google' started by roym, Jul 18, 2008.

Well I'm just praying that this is the reason, is anybody else suffering SERP problems as in shot up then dropped completely? :eek:

My site has just completly gone from all search queries apart from those for the domain name itself. It had been slowly crawling up the serps, (from around page 2 to 5 for rare terms to page 15 or later for more competitive ones). Everything is the same in google webmaster tools. And to double check I used a little tool I knocked up a while back to make absolutely sure and I'm not even on page 100 http://www.holidaysflightshotels.com/webmasters/SERPChecker.aspx. I'm hoping this is not only me. Only carried out whitehat seo on it and been picking up links slowly (around 700 now). So please :confused: can somebody confirm that google is being funny instead of it having a grudge against me. Otherwise I'm off to have a nervous breakdown in the corner, after the amount of work I've put into the site (I hate google! - why won't they just be a bit more open :mad:)

roym, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  2. charismaseeker

charismaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mate...I lost all my google traffic tonight... about 800 uniques...so I am also hoping it will come back..

charismaseeker, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  3. mmiirroo

mmiirroo Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you got sandboxed

mmiirroo, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. roym

roym Peon

Best Answers:
    you've got my sympathy it doesn't half feel bad. So maybe it's not only me then, mine disappared two days ago (as a further point my site is based in the uk (.com though) and specified as uk. Wonder if it's uk sites being affected?

roym, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. roym

roym Peon

Best Answers:
    don't think so, just had started escaping from it after 7 months as it was...

roym, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. charismaseeker

charismaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe I got...i bought 5 years old domain...started to build content links traffic is going in heaven and suddenly...tonight...all is gone from big G...

7. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think first you should check you on page then check of page may be there is something which google doesn't like can you show me your domain?

Aryans, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  8. charismaseeker

charismaseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry...I want to keep my domain a secret...I am in very competitive weight loss niche....but one thing I did just yesterday is that I put amazon widget with iframe to my wordpress blog...dont know...well I will have to wait

9. roym

roym Peon

Best Answers:
    sure, it's http://www.holidaysflightshotels.com/, but I don't think it's my site (Correction: hope it's not!) as google didn't mind it for the last 7 months and I've only being adding relevant content and links.

roym, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  10. darkangel07

darkangel07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't understand their algorithm, they just tend to change it or update it all the time. My site is affected and the traffic is relatively low. I just don't understand what's happening.

darkangel07, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  11. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    we are not supposed to, that is the whole point ;)

SEOibiza, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  12. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah.. there's something surely going on. I am experiencing a fluctuation in SERP.

Abhik, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  13. roym

roym Peon

Best Answers:
    looks more and more like it's not only me :) anybody have any ideas when this will settle down? or rather how long based on previous experience that this will probably last.

roym, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  14. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting last weekend, my site traffic is now only 50% if what it used to be....

I check and find I'm still ranking for the keywords I know. Was I dropped for many longtail keyword searches? Anyone experienced this?

Could this be temporary or permanent? I'm in the dark... :(

Reviewz, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  15. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue Peon

Best Answers:
    I experienced it my self and already posted 2 weeks ago. Google has undergone an update and your results could be experiencing fluctuations due to that. Wait for 1-2 weeks and it shall settle down. But do keep a watch on the following:

- In bound link count
    - Indexed pages
    - Tool bar PR which is always old data(nobody knows the actual PR except Google)

Thank you

Jonathan Hue, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  16. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well, one of my site was top 7th place in google. now i can not find it anywhere in google:(

imteaz, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  17. jackpage

jackpage Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been affecting many people since around June 4th or a little earlier, and it hasn't righted itself since. Actually seems to be getting progressively worse. And to make it more irritating people are reporting all sorts of issues in WMT lately that appear to be bugs.

To top it off, it's hitting people in a seemingly random fashion regardless of if you're a white hat or you've got a spammy site. Only thing you can really do is not panic and wait it out. It seems to be dropping people, then raising them back sometime later, then dropping them again, rinse and repeat.

Some people are reporting 5 year old sites that have never had a problem taking a dive in the serps while other sites that have been gone for years are suddenly rising to the top.

jackpage, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  18. qbty

qbty Peon

Best Answers:
    I rank number 11 now for my domain name, a unique name, when I used to be number 1. I hope it is not a penalty. It is a fairly new site. Other than a few edits I do not understand what i would get a penalty for.

qbty, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  19. francisabey

francisabey Peon

Best Answers:
    I lost all my Google traffic last week.90% of my total traffic lost........

francisabey, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  20. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had lose a little, maybe in sandbox

enous, Jul 18, 2008 IP