1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Banned My Website (Yung Drew dot com)?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Yung Drew, Jul 14, 2008.

Hey guys,

This is Yung Drew from Yung Drew dot com. I came to the Digital Point forums for help with my website not getting indexed by google. It was indexed and came up #1 for the keywords "yung drew." It still comes up #1 as "yung drew" on Yahoo and other search engines.

I don't know what happened with Google. It seems as though they banned my site, but pages are still indexed. I don't know what happened... If I used too many keywords.

My site is just over 1 month old and I am considering buying a new domain name and starting over to ensure Google traffic. Who knows how long it will take them to re-index my website back where it was. My website traffic also has dropped from a consistent 250 visitors per day to around 32 visitors per day.

I've filed a re-inclusion request and hope that google gets on it. I have read horror stories about them taking a long time / forever to re-include sites. I'm thinking about dumping the domain name and finding a new one even though a lot of work (will have gone to waste) (I'm about ready to scream).

I'd appreciate any advice,

Sincerely,

Yung Drew

Yung Drew, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  2. ranjuse

ranjuse Banned

Best Answers:
    what you have done ?????

ranjuse, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  3. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely nothing (that I am aware of). That's why I'd like some help.

Yung Drew, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  4. fetznaz

fetznaz Peon

Best Answers:
    if your site shows up with the site: command you aren't completely banned

fetznaz, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. mapeste

mapeste Peon

Best Answers:
    did you do some Blackhat SEO ?

mapeste, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. DomainMagia

DomainMagia Peon

Best Answers:
    I see your page yungdrew.com/tag/lupend/ comes up 13th on Google for search young drew and yungdrew.com/tag/yung-drew/ comes 11th for "yung drew". Site is indexed, you are not banned.

DomainMagia, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  7. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    No, nothing shady like that... All I've been doing is posting frequently and think that on a few posts I may have added too many tags... otherwise I'm super confused. Literally about to puke. All I want is for my site to rank #1 for the terms: yung drew.

I'm probably going to start over on the right foot by buying a new domain name and setting up.

I'm somewhat fed up right now that nobody can reach my site easily through google. And the fact that I have a lot of posts.

Yung Drew

8. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but my traffic dropped from over 200 visitors per day from google to around 33... All of my "tags" come up in results, but not the main site... It was #1 for it's first month with the terms: yung drew. Now the homepage is nowhere to be found...

9. hate90

hate90 Peon

Best Answers:
    well i been reading in this forum that many websites has dissapiear from SERP's because some kind of google update. they all said that the old websites should be back in a couple of weeks. but i'm not really sure.

hate90, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  10. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I really hope this is true :) Hopefully a change in Google and it'll bounce back. Thanks for sharing.

11. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is one month old and you are ready to get another domain? Be patient! Let's look at the details...

www.yungdrew.com ranks number 3, so you are not banned.

Many of your < 400 backlinks come from 2dopeboyz.com. I would start getting links from other relevant sites, and not so much from one domain. Also, make sure you get some links to your homepage.

You have 2,160 pages indexed in Google. Are all your posts original?

Your site has no PR, and that tells me you may need some quality backlinks. You may have these already since the last PR export is old and since launching your one month old site. I'm too lazy to look through your backlink profile to verify one way or another.

Your niche is not that competitive. With quotes "Yung Drew" has just over 3500 competing pages. Without quotes just over 1 million pages. Get busy building some backlinks to your site and your rank will improve.

Here is a directory list. Use that list or the one in my signature to submit your blog to the many free directories around. Randomize your titles, descriptions, names, etc., when submitting. Use proper anchor text for the submission titles, such as Yung Drew's Blog, The Yung Drew Blog, Yung Drew, Blogging With Yung Drew, etc. Point all the links of your directory submissions to your homepage www.yungdrew.com.

Still need more free links? No problem, try this social bookmarking list. Besides getting some links, you may get some traffic as well.

There are other lists in this forum you can submit to as well. Use the search function on the forum to find a wealth of information regarding link building.

The reason why your ranks have fallen is because you have few quality backlinks (from what I saw on a brief look). New sites/blog posts normally get a brief bounce because its fresh content. But that bounce is short lived. Even if you bought another domain name, the same thing would likely happen.

BTW, why is this in the Google Sitemaps forum? :p

Happy link building! :)

snowbird, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  12. gnt9882

gnt9882 Peon

Best Answers:
    good answer!

gnt9882, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  13. nikomaster

nikomaster Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed good answer.

nikomaster, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  14. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks for the help.

I think that I was penalized either for:

1. Overpinging (I thought a plugin was working, but it wasn't fully activated)

- This problem should be fixed

2. Not having enough links

- I'm in the process of building some

3. Not having a properly submitted Sitemap XML file (parsing errors) / Robots.txt file

- I fixed this problem

4. Overtagging / Too many keywords

- This problem is fixed as well

I understand your explanation. However, I don't think that my website should've dropped that far in the rankings for the keywords: yung drew. I run several other blogs and none of them have ever dropped from the exact URL-name keywords #1 ranking.

I sent a "request reconsideration" to Google with hopes that my ranking for the URL name will change to #1... Especially since I was at #1 for the keywords: yung drew -- for the first full month.

I notice that several of my previously most popular posts aren't even indexed in the Google search anymore! I still believe I have a penalty.

I appreciate your recommendations for link building ;) I am in the process of building more links.

I have luckily gotten 500 + visitors on certain days from social media. Today I got a measly 18 visitors! I was averaging around 200 + for over 2.5 weeks.... And then the droppoff...

I'm still a bit confused, but think that everything will work out!

Thanks again for your response :)

I really appreciate it!

Yung Drew

P.S. It's in the Google sitemaps forum because I couldn't find a better one... AND... I had sitemap issues...

Yung Drew, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  15. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If memory serves me correct, you had around 370 backlinks indexed in Yahoo Site Explorer.

Many of your backlinks are coming from 2dope. On some of the random pages I checked, your backlink was not present. Maybe a top commentator listing lost? I don't know. But on one page I did see one of your comments. And that comment was nofollowed. Without looking at each backlink from that domain, I assume that what backlinks exist are of little value to your SEO efforts.

After removing the 2dope backlinks, your backlink profile was left with 74 backlinks. That's a huge drop from 370. Some of your other indexed backlinks are on jimmypurchase. Once again, this appears to be a top commentator/recent comment link that is lost. I can only assume that you have lost most, if not all backlinks from this domain. If that is the case, you are down to 54 backlinks.

Your backlinks on winningtheweb appear to have disappeared too. It looks like you had some links for being a top commentator on this site as well. If you lost this link, then your backlink count is down to 40.

Your major drop in Google is likely related to your rapid loss of these backlinks. Without them, your backlink profile is dwindling away. I have not checked your other backlinks, but many of the remaining 40 appear from blog commenting. Focus on some permanent backlinks and your rank for Yung Drew will return and stay there.

snowbird, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  16. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is most likely that your site is sandboxed and not getting banned as what you may have thought. If it's really banned your site will no longer appear in Google search index. Meanwhile work out on the link building and at the same time provide quality contents for your site.

lycos, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  17. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on those backlinks. 74 backlinks? Yeah, I definitely need to build up more backlinks pointing to the blog. Thank you for your advice, it is encouraging.

Are you sure - though - that my site wasn't penalized to a certain degree?

Why would one of my tags rank better for "yungdrew.com" than my actual website? Doesn't make much sense to me unless, in fact, I am penalized.

I will definitely build up more links - as my site is only around 1 month old... I've got some work to do.

Thank you for your help ;)

Sincerely,

Yung Drew

Yung Drew, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  18. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on those backlinks. 74 backlinks? Yeah, I definitely need to build up more backlinks pointing to the blog. Thank you for your advice, it is encouraging.

Are you sure - though - that my site wasn't penalized to a certain degree?

Why would one of my tags rank better for "yungdrew (dot com)"<<<(not allowed to post the URL yet) than my actual website? Doesn't make much sense to me unless, in fact, I am penalized.

I will definitely build up more links - as my site is only around 1 month old... I've got some work to do.

Thank you for your help ;)

Sincerely,

Yung Drew

19. Yung Drew

Yung Drew Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks lycos. I'll work on establishing some quality posts that will make others more likely to link to my site.

20. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you think your site is penalized? Did you interlink with your other blogs, sell links, stuff keywords, copy content, etc.? I don't see anything on your site that would cause an issue. However, I would remove those footer links (simpleScripts and web hosting). I was not aware that hostmonster was tagging WP installs with footer links. :(

Did you recently install a recent comments mod? Three of the four links on your homepage, that point to your homepage, are nofollowed. Any link pointing to my homepage I never nofollow.

It's possible your internal pages are ranking better if you have some trackbacks or natural backlinks pointing to them. Or the rapid drop in backlinks to your homepage may have triggered a flag at Google. Either way, even this thread has more ranking power then your homepage.

I did not go through your entire backlink profile, but its highly likely you have few dofollow backlinks. Get some free permanent links at web directories, social bookmark sites, etc. That should bounce you back and stabalize your homepage rankings for the keyphrase "Yung Drew."

snowbird, Jul 17, 2008 IP