1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Barack Obama Logo - Questionable Symbolism?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by donteatchicken, Jul 17, 2008.

1. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Did you watch the vid?

donteatchicken, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  2. tribulus

tribulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that I have caught up to speed and have confirmed this logo to be used by Obama all I have to say is this:

It does appear to be a moon shining over a portion of the US flag bars (red and white symbolizing blood and peace {if I remember correctly}), hence the moon shining over the US by implementation.

In a Christian biblical sense, the moon represents the night (children of darkness) and/or a false (fake) light of the sun (children of light) which by implementation refers to Satan and or his works. The blue field in the background would probably represent daytime or daylight. Which would mean that this is probably a morning moon. Although, the moon is not considered a star (I believe), the Christian bible refers to Satan as a bright morning star. The white outer circle in the logo encompassing the blue field and the red and white bars would by no stretch of the imagination be the earth.

The logo is unusual. As I said it appears to be a moon. Is there any official explanation from the Obama campaign to what the components of his logo represent?

tribulus, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  3. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    So now you changed "problem" you see and it's no more Islam but The Islamic fundamentalists. :)
    Can you please make up your mind so that we,the sheeple ya know, can understand what actually you are trying to say.
    So, is it Islam as religion or some particular people with their beliefes?

iggysick, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  4. donteatchicken

Best Answers:
    Yes!

The way the stripes are covering half the moon and arched makes it appear to be a cresent moon.

5. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    YES source is below

micksss, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, on behalf of wiccans, bah'ai, hindus, jainists, shintos, sikhs, taoists, confucianists, norse pagans, santerians, zoroastrians...∞, I am deeply, deeply offended. What's your problem with these people? :D

northpointaiki, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  7. donteatchicken

Best Answers:

Islam is a movement, Islam is a religion, Islam is a state, Islam is Satan on earth. There are peaceful muslims but they have no idea the god they are serving, if they looked deeper into their beliefs they may shutter.

8. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    So you changed again your "problem". Ok, can we hear your solution for that "problem" please? Don't forget how many people follow that Satan of yours. :)

A side question: did you ever read Old testament?

iggysick, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  9. donteatchicken

Best Answers:
    They can say it's the sun all they want. But it's still white like the moon, and the sun is yellow.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

-Abraham Lincoln

10. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    There's far more questionable about Barack Obama than just the logo.

muncle, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  11. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, wow, people have way too much time on their hands. That is one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. People will attack anything these days

C.Whyte, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  12. donteatchicken

Best Answers:

Attack? Asking questions (the video) is not an attack, the day "we the people" stop asking questions is the last day our great country's freedoms will begin to end. If you don't asked questions and demand answers people will walk all over you, and some will do it with great arrogance. Don't be a follower.. Don't be a sheep. Your DP rep is worthless.

13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, good lord, I actually just watched this video and I'm laughing my ass off.

Uh, Obama's logo is...red, white and blue. Kind of a theme contained in another symbol. My read of it is along the line of what Obama's campaign has hoped it would be perceived - as a campaign anchored in "youthful vigor, dawn, the hope of a morning sun over wheat fields of a renewed America." Bullshit, as it turns out, quite likely, but this is the logo and its intent, it seems to me. Taking the "no sun is white" line to its logical conclusion, one would also have to take the "red stripes" as indicative of a recrudescent USSR because, HOLY HELL, RED IS THE COLOR OF THE USSR!!!!!

For some real snake in the grass stuff, take a gander at:

[​IMG]

Where's the red here? The blood of patriots is now meaningless? And that star - again, with the commie thing??? People's Republic of China??? WAKE UP!

Apologies for the sarcasm, but c'mon, people. I can't believe this is what is truly seen as important. Really?

14. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What did that question? That was incoherent babble and waste of time. All the OP had to write was neither candidate will change anything so don't bother voting...

micksss, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  15. donteatchicken

Best Answers:
    That would be the winged star Nibiru (Eris) but that's a whole other topic.

16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I want credit. It wasn't C.Whyte who exposed the McCain subterranean conspiracy, but myself. :D

Anyway, enjoy, folks. Lots here to talk about.

17. damian.hoffman

damian.hoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I watched the video, and thought it was one of the most asinine things I've seen.

Our flag colors are red, white, and blue - which happens to be the constituent colors of Obama's logo. They also happen to be the constituent colors of virtually every presidential candidate in my lifetime (about 3 decades). The red and white stripes are an obvious allusion to the American flag, the blue in the flag was incorporated in the "O" for "Obama", and the whole thing was put on a white background. The "crescent moon" referred to is just the middle of the "O". Also, it is much closer to a half moon than a crescent moon.

This is merely a case of someone with too much time on their hands reading WAY too much into a logo. Even if there WAS a crescent moon in the logo, this symbol has been used many times for many purposes. Hell, it's on the South Carolina state flag...maybe he just supports the University of South Carolina. :rolleyes:

damian.hoffman, Jul 17, 2008 IP
    micksss likes this.
  18. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with some people?
    To me things like this are the best evidence that some people see things that don't exist.
    It is also more reason to question and reject the judgment of these people. They are nothing more than hallucinations of some scared little men/women.

pizzaman, Jul 17, 2008 IP
    micksss likes this.
  19. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    These things are like public IQ tests.

It becomes very easy to pick out the highly suggestible people with low intellect.

browntwn, Jul 17, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  20. RedXer

RedXer Peon

Best Answers:
    lol.

The logo is an O for Obama, it's also a rising sun, likely intended to represent the whole hope thing and the idea of looking to a new day/the future. The sun is white instead of yellow because the overall color scheme is red, white and blue, like I dunno, the flag?

Political discourse is fine and all, I have nothing against differing opinions. But the OP is such a blatant troll, stop feeding him! Trolls belong under bridges, not on internet forums.

RedXer, Jul 17, 2008 IP