1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low Ctr? Low Cpc? Here's Why!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by glenndorsey, Jul 13, 2008.

1. firmaterra

firmaterra Peon

Best Answers:
    Great information. The basics of adsense descibed in the best easy-to- understand way I've seen yet.

Its true that some traffic can be crappy at converting to clicks. As well as Digg and stumbleupon type traffic, the image search from google convert bad as well for me.

Rep applied for that.

firmaterra, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  2. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post, it help me a lot. But taking action to improve is somthing different from theory.

justinlorder, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  3. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great info., can't say I disagree with any of it.

I'm glad to see someone pointing out how futile it is to focus on digg and stumble for a sudden surge in traffic, because it does not convert. I experimented with some of those types of networks that gave me a nice bit of traffic in a day to a site, but very very few clicks.

Those types of visitors, for the most part, only add to the effect of smartpricing. Even if they do click your ads, are they going to convert as sales to the advertiser? When they don't convert, over a period of time your CPC will go down.

This is why search engine traffic is so critical, search engine visitors are looking for "something".
    The OP mentioned in problem #4 about not providing all the answers and this is great advice. It is as if my visitors are looking for a specific house in a city, a specific address. Instead of taking them directly to it, I simply provide them enough information to get them into the general neighborhood, the ads take them to the specific address.

These visitors are the ones that convert into sales for the advertiser and ultimately this leads to higher smartpricing (or at least not getting your CPC reduced) due to your site providing conversions.

The hardest challenge for me is finding the correct niche's. The ones with decent CPC and low levels of competition and a high search volume. I have found niche's with excellent CPC and little competition, but no one searches for those terms lol. Or you can do the ones that get high searches but have tons of competition and low CPC (myspace). In the end I have settled for focusing on sites with average search traffic, decent payout, and tons of competition.

rdv817, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  4. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very nice tips mate :p
    repped

Dreads, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Hardly anyone takes that seriously, but you are so right. It's not a newbie concept either. Successfully implementing it is a very advanced/ profitable thing to do. It does go against the desire to make a quality site, just like you said, but it really works very well. Your advertisers will love you for it 2.

Thank you very much. I agree! Image traffic is just the worst!!

Thank you. Yep, action is tough. Pm me if you think you need an opinion any time.

Awesome statements!! I sure do agree with you. Crap traffic makes you smile when you see the hit counter rocketing up, but what a waste it is. Finding the right niche can be so tough too. Well said.

Thank you very much. very kind of you.

glenndorsey, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. saimned

saimned Peon

Best Answers:
    Really Good Information for adsense publishr

saimned, Nov 3, 2011 IP