1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense Seems To Start Scam Serous Scam Job

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by job_online, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    lol, this site cracks me up. Someone please ban me again........

1EightT, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  2. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't wait for the day that the moderators here at DP decide enough is enough with the "I got banned from Adsense" threads and start penalizing anyone starting such a thread with the good ol' infraction message!

christian231, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  3. job_online

job_online Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are not going to accomplish anything by doing this, nor are you going to convince anyone to join you.

--- I know that

Sorry to be harsh, but this thread is a joke.

--- It is more serious than you can imagine

I have friends that were banned at the $100 mark, and you know what they had in common? They all broke the TOS.

--- Well, I did not

Google bans you for a reason. Besides, why would they care so much about your measly $100?

--- I belive that i explained that $100 is not the same in Canada or in Albania, or you trying to tell me that Albania is measly?

job_online, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  4. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    google does not care about $100 here and there... banning 1000 $100 adsense accounts to them gives them maybe 0.5% more profit.

you obviously did something wrong.

thefreebielife, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. themanbeast9

themanbeast9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is my reply.

themanbeast9, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:

Are you sure? You seem to have missed the responsibilities of parties section in the TOS, it is feasible you missed other things....

That oughta cut the number of new posts in half! :)

Adpubster, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  7. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Google has far better things to do than go around banning people that made 100 dollars in 13 months. Honestly, if it took you 13 months to make 100 dollars, you should :

a) get a job
    b) find another ad network to work with

1EightT, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  8. themanbeast9

Best Answers:
    Thread is officially over.

9. job_online

job_online Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are in fact right! Lets stop all people who might telling the truth! Oppression in any way is great! Good! Fantastic! Lets Ban people! Hurrrayyyy! Lets go!

I see that this thread do not lead to any normal conversation, except members who pointed agreement to Google's TOS - and this makes it sorta finished because Google's TOS is a God...

Over and out from this thread.

10. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    If you read it and didn't agree to it, you could have not joined.....

Adpubster, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  11. themanbeast9

Best Answers:
    Couldn't handle the truth. 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!'

12. job_online

job_online Active Member

Best Answers:
    I cant handle idiots

13. themanbeast9

Best Answers:
    Dude, chill out. I was just kidding around.

And who's the idiot here? You were complaining that you were banned from adsense for violating their TOS. Does that make any sense at all?

14. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Ugh, every time I see another publisher banned, I'm thinking another click-bomber is born. As far as the logfiles, please read below...

Please explain how analyzing your logfiles will even give you the smallest clue if there is suspicious activity on your Adsense account. I keep hearing all you "experts" repeat yourselves with this same bit of fluff Google tosses about when they ban somebody but the reality is that Adsense ads are generated by Javascript that is served from Google's servers. I don't see how analysis of your own logfiles will yield any findings, so please, elaborate.

OK, I'll bite on this one...Are you serious that you actually believe that Google has NO LIABILITY to detect fraud in their own advertising program ?? Think about this; if the governments of the world executed people who were "suspected" of committing crimes, would that be fair? Would it be justified? Google executes publishers without even telling them what crime they were suspected of committing.

As I've stated 1001 times on these forums, it's high time Google started *auditing* clicks just like Adbrite, Chitika and every other PPC program. It's idiotic that the rest of us legit and honest publishers are subject to malicious activities by (possibly unfairly) banned publishers because Google's "whiz kid" engineers can't do a simple database de-dupe and audit..

Bryce, Jul 15, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  15. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    While they won't tell you what ad the visitor clicked, some of the older monitoring scripts that provided click-bomb protection will still give a reasonable idea when one has happened. See a lot of those coming from the same IP, you do something about it. So, analyzing your logfiles can tell you a LOT.

They detect the fraud and when they find it, they weed out the publisher. There are SO many people wanting to get into adsense and too many of them trying to game the system (from what I see on here) that sometimes you just don't have time to deal with each and every one of them. Bottom line, it's in the TOS and every publisher has agreed to that.

Adpubster, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  16. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    You're talking out of both sides of you mouth here. First, you state that "older monitoring scripts..." then you proceed to use classic "pretzel logic" to draw a conculsion based on thin air (you should apply for a job at Fox News). You still have not answered the question of how does analyzing logfiles (without use of an older monitoring script) have any impact on details surrounding potential invalid clicks ??

Take for example, this forum : I'm sure there are a lot of IP's here that are repeat entries in the logfiles. So, what you're saying is that if an IP accesses your site more than "x" times, you should ban it or deal with it? Don't you think this type of behaviour might induce paranoia amongst webmasters and publishers and for what??? Because Google can't de-dupe multiple clicks from the same IP in a 24-48 hour period? Got it now??? All Google has to do is *not count* duplicate clicks and the problem is solved.

Furthermore, I'm certain 100% of Adsense publishers would agree with me that the solution I've spoken about time after time would be a welcome addition to the Adsense program.

Webmasters are sick and tired of being told how to create their websites, run their websites and even what not to click because it doesn't meet Google's guidelines (which are constantly changing).

Are you aware that numerous publishers have been banned because of somebody's children, maybe their husband or wife or some other family member clicking on ads ? One popular blogger was banned during the Christmas holidays when he and his wife were hosting the family Christmas and he made the mistake of showing his family his blog and one of his relatives clicked on ads while viewing his blog from his home IP. Think it doesn't happen ???

A TOS which purports to allow one party to rewrite the entire contract between two parties will never stand up in a court of law. As with all business contracts, there must be a certain level of transparency between both parties and if Google can't appropriately handle the level of interest in their advertising program, they should shut it down.

The lack of transparency on Google Adsense's part is a gross oversight and probably violates several federal statutes as well as many local laws regarding business contracts, however, nobody has had the guts to file a lawsuit or class action against Google for this blatant neglect on Google's part to fufill it's end in the contract.

Any time a contract is made between two parties, both parties are legally required to properly respond to the other should a dispute arise. Imagine if you went into BestBuy and bought a 62" HD TV and got it home and it was in pieces in the box and you went back to return it and they wouldn't let you in the door. That's BS. Google has a legal responsibility to respond with adequate details to ANYBODY who they have engaged in a legally binding contract with. Go study yourself some elementary business law and learn that contracts are mutually legally binding regardless of some quacky TOS designed to protect the interests of one party in the contract.

Google’s “policy” is not the law. That's the bottom line.

Bryce, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  17. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Just exactly what are you "buying" from google? What is the damage to you? Placing ads on your site should incur you no monetary loss does it? Or, is it because the domain name and site hosting is solely for the purpose of showing ads for revenue. In which case you've violated TOS in another way. And Pretzel logic? Not hardly. I don't see how having clicks show up in your logfiles via click tracking software and then analyzing to see if any are massively repeated even comes close to pretzel logic.

If you don't agree with them changing the contract (it's in the TOS) then don't agree and don't join the program. Bottom line again, everyone using adsense AGREED to those terms.

Adpubster, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  18. bizguide

bizguide Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google is scamming anyone.

bizguide, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  19. vladinati

vladinati Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a $100 dollars from them then they cancel my account so its not a scam google knows everything HAHAHAHAHA!

vladinati, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  20. OddLotBlog

OddLotBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to get reinstated at Google but you can still try other pay-per-click advertisers such as Yahoo. 13 months is a long time for a $100, have you tried affiliates or selling your own products to increase revenue? I think that would be a lot more productive than flaming google in these forums.
    Cheers,
    Odd Lot

OddLotBlog, Jul 29, 2008 IP