1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joel Comm fraud or real ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, Nov 6, 2005.

1. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    It was very useful for me when I was a newbie... but then I realized that a lot of the stuff in the book can be read here in DP.

dinarpw, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  2. marketsnipers

marketsnipers Peon

Best Answers:
    I have benefited a lot from this guy. I can tell you he ain't a scammer, because a reputed friend of mine who makes $6000/month, most of it from adsense know JC personally, has learnt a lot from him and is regularly in touch with him.

marketsnipers, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  3. 1samu

1samu Peon

Best Answers:
    I got his ebook from someplace (not remember it where), but still unread it till now ...

1samu, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  4. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joel responded again because he wrote that book like what...4 years ago? At that time the stuff wasn't Earth shattering, but few people were doing it. Most of that stuff is standard practice now, so of course it would be available on DP and anywhere. Back then people were just starting to place Adsense within content. Most sites still had Adsense banners in the old school placement. The funny thing is that much of the stuff people were bashing him for back then is so common now people don't even flinch.

MattL, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  5. joshuaadams

joshuaadams Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^^
    Joel Comm needs to release a more advanced book for adsense.
    (But i don't think that he is stating all his secrets in his book)

joshuaadams, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  6. eng152

eng152 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes he should make a book with many advance topics.:)

eng152, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  7. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    It's already 4th edition released. Buy it, it's just $10. Even if you learn 1 new trick - already good.

SEOLinker, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  8. garima017

garima017 Peon

Best Answers:
    For a newbie this ebooks,tutorials,step by step instrcustion are always good and worth to buy,as they dont knw excatly the sources where to collect dis info ,bit of info colected frm here and dere can only mke dem confused,so i realy reommend dis kind of adsens eor any oder online money making ebooks ofcrse fyou shld read the entire website and use logic to undrstand whtehr its genuine or not.I hve also purhcas eone gven in my signature and it is 100% genuine it provided me wid huge resouces and wid help of dis i hve sucefuly mde 2-3 website sand also help in promotion.

garima017, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  9. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    garima017, how in the hell you make money online with such terrible english ?)

SEOLinker, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  10. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    How refreshing to see that someone "gets it"! Thanks for posting this. :)

Joel

jcomm, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  11. rustyc

rustyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joel Comm's book has some excellent info in it. He also has a number of links to upsells which he weaves into the content in a professional way. You can not only learn from the tips he gives, but you can learn from example by the way he handles his upsells.

I don't think the guy is BS at all, but the real secret is traffic, and he doesn't address that except near the end, he pushes an affiliate link for another upsell.

rustyc, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  12. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

You can provide a lot of information in a book, and I do.

But the real purpose of a book is to act as the top of your marketing funnel. It should drive the reader into deeper relationship with you by including a call to action.

Joel

jcomm, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  13. leospeak

leospeak Peon

Best Answers:
    hello mate!

great to see you posting on here! to be honest i've learnt most of my tricks from your ebooks and videos (i prefer your DVD's). you must be making a lot of dosh cos when I started implementing your tips, my earnings shot through the roof (compare to before), a lot of them were simple but sometimes simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. :D

leospeak, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  14. hwould

hwould Peon

Best Answers:
    Though Joel is chums with that no good hack and scammer Garry Conn, I will say his book gave a few pointers that helped my adsense earnings as well. I always believe that if you can learn at least one new thing from something it is worth the money. I just hoped he learned from his sneaky little scandalous $29.95 a month upsell that was super shady and caused a big uproar through MMO crowd.

Anyway I digress.

hwould, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  15. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why you are calling Garry names. He is certainly not a hacker, and he doesn't sell any product, so I'm not sure how he has "Scammed" you.

As for the upsell. It was neither sneaky nor scandalous. It was right there on the sales page AND the order page. Twice.

People don't read.

Furthermore, no one was charged anything until they had physically received product and had thirty days to evaluate.

On top of that, if someone was billed after the fact, they always go a refund.

Amazing how things can be blown way out of proportion.

Joel

jcomm, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  16. sft_hrt2002

sft_hrt2002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i hasve joel's book on adsense.I have learnt many things from it.Most important is that i got to know about dp from his book!!!:)

sft_hrt2002, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  17. marketsnipers

marketsnipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Even I was wondering why he called Garry a scammer. I know Garry is a selfish guy, would do anything for a buck and traffic and attention, but he has never scammed anyone. Not sure why you are saying that.

marketsnipers, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  18. marketsnipers

marketsnipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Joel, Are the Adsense Secrets 4 and Adsense Code different books? If so, I want to buy it.

marketsnipers, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  19. hwould

hwould Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand you want to defend your BFF, thats fine. But my mind is made up on that snake oil salesman. And I don't blame you for downplaying the outrage following your little debacle. At least you were willing to give people their refunds. The ones who noticed they were getting charged monthly anyway.

hwould, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  20. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually. The AdSense Code is based on content from over a year ago. AdSense Secrets 4.0 is updated and expanded. :)

Joel

jcomm, Jul 11, 2008 IP