1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It actually worked ! $1.50 a day to $10.00 A day overnight!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalta1, Jun 5, 2008.

1. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, I didn't know that. I will pull them down.

THX

Nope... The worse traffic you can get. They only click big sparkly ads.. Trust me I have one with 2000 visitors a day, only adding up to about 20 cents a day.. Google is upset with the outcome of their deal with them. It's all over the net news... Look it up if you don't believe me.

John-Q, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  2. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:

kalta1, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  3. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm now following the JD Nash thread also, thanks for the heads up! Adsense holding steady so far... I'm itching to make changes and see if it'll improve but trying to hold off to make sure I have a big enough window to actually get a picture of how well the changes work

GlowStormLion, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  4. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a ton of traffic today due to some blogs that picked up a story about my site. My CTR is down to about 6% but revenues have doubled for this time of day. I will post the end results tonight including impressions, ctr, $

tony ;~)

kalta1, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  5. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent work, man!! I hope it keeps on rolling, be great to hear the progress report on that kind of publicity :)

GlowStormLion, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  6. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok the last few days I had a DIGG link that took off and gave me 10 times in traffic. My revenues were way up. I would say 4 times greater than usual. My CTR average was about cut in half from 8% to 4%. Is this a common thing that happens when you get more traffic? Does anyone have a solution to keep the CTR high with a high traffic rate. Is this totally dependent on the quality of where the traffic is coming from?

Tony

kalta1, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  7. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would imagine that search engine traffic is the best converting traffic, Traffic that comes from Digg etc are more likely to be seasoned internet uses looking for an interesting story, and are probably somewhat blind to the ads.
    I had a page on one of my site stumbled by about 30? people once and that one page got 20.000 visits in a week.. I did not make much from it at all (between 2 and 5 dollars a day i think), but then again, I was not expecting it, and had not optimized ad placement.
    But yeah, I think the people that use Digg have probably been around the internet for a while and have learned the art of navigating "around" the ads.
    But it is still worth while if your CTR only dropped by half, and your traffic went up by x10 :D

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  8. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    That's awesome! I would think like tattoos is saying that you're more likely to see a drop in CTR due to the nature of the traffic.. ie, the mindset of someone entering in search terms to find you versus your casual sightseer if that makes sense?

Still, way to go!

GlowStormLion, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  9. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great to hear! Yeah, I would agree with tattoos as well. I would think Digg traffic would way less likely to click the ads..

I'm going to checkout JD Nash too. I don't wanna be left out.:D

Thanks for the heads up!

John-Q, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  10. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    John I have found that JD NASH has been very helpful and I will be reporting my results of the 40 page website test on 3 to 6 moths. One guy I would really look out for is a guy named JOHN REESE. He has a new WEB 2.0 traffic secrets program coming out. He has 2 free 10 minute videos out right now and from what I have seen this should be awesome. Just google his name. Hope it helps!

tony;~)

kalta1, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  11. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tony,

Interesting..
    I have some initial observations on these guys, but I'll save that for a more appropriate thread. No since getting to far off topic in this one. But, hey thanks for the info! I'm always looking for new strategies to test.
    I'll have to look at more of their stuff.

So, how was your weekend, as far as earnings? I hope better than mine......

Thanks!
    John

John-Q, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  12. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    John it wasn't great but it wasn't bad either....I think a holiday weekend peeps are not in front of their computers. CTR was still between 6% & 9%.

kalta1, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  13. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    The tips I've gotten from this thread have actually increased June's AdSense earnings for my site MORE than May which was our biggest month up until now. Is it alot of money? No, but it's still an INCREASE which is the point, right?

Thanks for the name dropping, btw, Kalta :)

GlowStormLion, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  14. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats GREAT! I am glad its made a positive change for you to! I guess I should have been careful about the name dropping thing and the topic of the thread but I am going to buy that one guys traffic secrets 2.0 when its released here in the near future. The one BIG realization I had this last week is that once your ads are for the most part OPTIMIZED. TRAFFIC = $ which means more TRAFFIC = more $

Tony;~)

kalta1, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  15. stayl

stayl Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont think that is again adsense tos .

stayl, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  16. Netbiz

Netbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    It’s all about relevancy and optimization...

Netbiz, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  17. cyberfreakz

cyberfreakz Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice share... even my earnings are below 2$ a day... and a CTR of 1.8%!!! gonna try this now!

cyberfreakz, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  18. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you match the colors to blend into your site. I am looking forward to hearing your results....mine were immediate. Keep our fingers crossed.

kalta1, Jul 7, 2008 IP
  19. patricknous

patricknous Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep Good Content and sure u will make one day a good money

patricknous, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  20. guptishika

guptishika Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya content is the king,and most importanly updated content ,wil surely help to bring in more vistor and hence mre click

guptishika, Jul 9, 2008 IP