1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Funny: Sick of Digital Point?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cbjunkie, Jul 5, 2008.

1. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wickedfire is not trying to start up. It's been around for awhile. Just can always use new members(so long as they're of high caliber)
    As said, there's a lot of jokes and a fair amount of trolling too. But there's also more straight information without sales attached. It's a tradeoff for those who can survive the initial flame of being there.
    Beyond that I'd have to say most of the info given out there is actually correct. The DP SEO threads meanwhile have information that is...normally pretty wrong.

xmcp123, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  2. Skunkard

Skunkard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol that is some funny shit... DP is the original webmaster forum though I swear, why the imitations when you've got something this good and with such a big community!

Skunkard, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  3. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, first off WF is an affiliate marketing forum(SEO/PPC/Compliant Mailing). Not a webmaster forum.
    As for why, I'd say
    First off check out the threads I mentioned earlier(page 2 I think) to get an idea of the quality of info that appears there. Then decide when the last time you saw that around here was w/o someone selling an ebook.

Secondly, the output of the members(how much they earn) is astronomical compared to most forums.
    There's a reason we have active members representing nearly all of the major affiliate networks(including the CEOs of both copeac and azoogle). They also have numerous managers from the larger networks that are trying to find affiliates. Issues with specific networks nearly always have had a response from someone high up in the company in under 24 hours. On DP? There's rarely a response at all.

If you're looking for mass numbers to try your new ebook, or mass numbers for another reason, WF is not what you're looking for. Looking at the stats it looks like 850-1k active members per day come in. But if you're looking for quality of information and can survive the traditional newb flame...come on over.

xmcp123, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    I wonder how much they pay per click for this ad?

zexy, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  5. levikay

levikay Active Member

Best Answers:
    haha have to have a look at that site.

levikay, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  6. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wickedfire has boobs? :D I remembered I registered there some time ago, so why did I stop visiting?

...ah I remember now. A random thread I clicked on:
    http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/33249-nickycakes-rips-off-theme-designer-violates-gpl-4.html WTF? Why are they talking about nickycakes stealing, showing gay pics, and butt-naked tailed men/women/animals?:confused:

Seriously though I don't see how their forum is anymore beneficial than digitalpoint.
    They don't speak about anything new for WH or BH, nor do they have a lot content of either except posting a bunch of weird pics. (feels like those high school forums) I probably would not benefit from that forum.. But who knows may be some odd newb will?

Forums that are the most useful
    http://www.webmasterworld.com (WH)
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com (business purposes, and sometimes WH)
    http://syndk8.net/forum (BH - though might be a bit dark for some of you guys lol :D)

windtalker, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  7. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure. I'm a 20 years old, have a large daily spend, and have never had to take out a loan. I'm not quite sure what you were asking, but think I got it...
    What? You're right...they don't directly run affiliate ads. But the people buying their traffic? Yeah. Those are affiliate ads mostly.
    It's called being self employed buddy. I don't need an hourly wage. My wage is whatever I can make in a day. Look at every LLC on the planet. Those are NOT salaried jobs. Being paid by the hour is not necessary for a job. Many people get paid based on commission(including best buy workers) for what they sell...and it's still a job.
    So who is giving me employment? Myself. And my legally registered affiliate marketing business. The government appears to disagree with you ;)
    My daily production capacity is none of your business. But I'll give a vague idea. Maxing out my dating campaigns puts the capacity in the upper hundreds of leads per day. On good days in the past, I've hit 1000+. Diet product capacity has been between double-triple(more rarely) digits of sales a day. Beyond those I have around 6 or so other products that all vary.
    Everything I produce has a fixed value.
    The fixed value of me selling a diet product is $36.
    The fixed value of me selling a ringtone is $12.
    The fixed value of me getting a dating lead is $3.75.
    The companies I work with set the values bud. Same as the store sets them for commercial products in a mall, and a factory sets the fixed value of goods made inside of it.
    I don't spam myspace or craigslist. I don't run an email list. And I don't even have an account at ezine articles. And I have absolutely nothing to prove to you, so I'm showing you my bank statement. That's unreasonable and you know it. We don't all slut around our information like other people. I'm making more than enough. I've turned absolutely $0.00 to start with into a gross revenue in the $xxx,xxx per month, and a substantial amount of profit. That's all you get.
    It's taken a lot of work, and I'm still working to stabilize it. But that's the case with any job. And find me a brick and mortar company that's been in business for a year, never took out loans, and is currently very much profitable. They exist, but are nearly hard to find.
    You mean restraunts, like waitresses? Who operate off of tips based on performance(sound familiar? profit by performance?), with an absolute pittance as a wage?
    Or like the schools who have had to lay off teachers lately?
    Or the gas stations which are struggling through increased gas prices with lower profit(and are, once again, shutting down)
    Those are your idea of steady? Those are my idea of hell.
    No. It's trial->error->improve->profit. And you build capital to reinvest, and relationships to help in the future. I know if I were to quit today, I'd have 3 salaried jobs in different states, all exceeding 100k per year that I could take. That's just a result of the people I've met in this business.
    As for the capital...that IS your longterm fallback. It means when things go bad, you can buy time to find something new. It also means btw, that you have more muscle. For example, I got muscled out of one of my niches and later met the guy who did it. I asked him how the hell he did that rhetorically, but he responded. His response? I can afford to burn 80k to make 20k in profit. Most people can't.
    THAT is the long term. Your capital is your power base. Your ability to reinvest and to control your niche.
    Yeah they can. And they can enjoy their $4.00 per week. Far be it from me to judge them for that. But there's a difference between doing that and full time affiliate marketing. And for reference I began my career doing programming work for a marketer when I was 15/16 years old. Age doesn't matter if you're skilled and willing to take risk.
    I don't waste time? I make more hourly than anyone you listed there I strongly suspect. And taking any of those jobs I'm at the mercy of an employer who may lay off workers or shut down any day. I don't have faith in corporate america. I have faith in my ability. So why would I rely on the former, when I could rely on the latter?
    My social life is quite fine. I wake up when I want. Work until about 8-9. Then I go out and enjoy myself. Every night.
    You're right? I don't try to invest millions or billions to sustain. I invest less, and do more than just "sustain". I grow. I'm not looking to be bill gates. I'm looking to live in a nice house someday, and to be able to take care of the people I care about.
    I've never made an ebook. Almost no one on WF has either. Mentioning one you're involved in normally leads to a ban. And you really need to think before you open your ignorant mouth.
    I take that as a personal insult.
    Anyone who has read my blog, or watched anything I've posted knows I go absolutely out of my way to help newbies, and I've never tried to profit from it. I've funded some of them in fact to get them off their feet. No interest, no profit. Just a request to get paid back and I've helped them to make sure they could pay me back. And by the way, many of the people I've been talking to since they started doing this stuff have become quite successful. And I'm proud to say I haven't profited from any of them.
    My reward? These guys will throw me a tip when they have it. If I have an idea, I can bounce it off them. If there's an offer converting hot, sometimes they'll tell me about it. And none of that is mandatory or even requested of them.
    Take your ridiculous accusations elsewhere.
    Man. You really think that making money only deals with cheesy books and reports? You've been warped by DP. I've sold everything from zoo books magazine to diet products to online dating to garden plants to mortgages to tax software. I've never sold an ebook. I've never made a "report". I've frequently took a hard stance against those things because they're scummy. Learn who the hell you're talking to before you make accusations like that.

And if you still think it's gambling, you obviously did not pay attention to my earlier post. Gambling is luck. Affiliate marketing is not only work, but working smart and hard. Working only smart is not sustainable. Working only hard will never create real profit. Working both ways? It's anything but gambling.

xmcp123, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  8. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again, pick and choose your threads. There's a lot of messing around. Read the titles to find the good ones. Or search for gold mine. Those posts appear every so often that detail a lot of the better posts and blogs by WF members over the past bit of time.
    In addition, we've got some big plans coming up that will be creating a LOT of awesome content. You've been warned ;)

And btw, yes. I'm frequently at syndk8 too. Good choice there.

Note to Mods:Sorry I've got a couple posts in a row up there. These are long responses and kind of hard to keep in one big post.

xmcp123, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  9. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't need words to show how much of a help WickedFire has been in getting me started with affiliate marketing:

[​IMG]

I would say the figures aren't that bad for my first campaign. ;) I have a lot more to learn, and many more campaigns to begin.

Mr. Websites, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  10. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to see you chime in. This ladies and gents, is one of the newer members we had. He survived the initial welcome, found the threads with substance, and is obviously doing quite good. Especially considering most people lose a lot of money for their first campaigns.
    If the off topic threads are offputting to you, don't click em. There's still other stuff(obviously) ;)

xmcp123, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  11. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    lol 700$ with investment of $500 maybe

lowest wage in UK is 1200 to 1400 pound..

and xmcp123 i dont know you. what is your registered business name? where is your office?

i know microsoft. where in the yellow page or business listing i can find your business?

you are more powerful and huge earner then industrialist? you wont get a job of peon or clerk there.. if you say all that you do is gamble on internet on the outcome of your stickers...

just saying i earn 50k month in forums doesnt boost your reputation

prove it with your bank statement and tax documents.. send us physical document .. and dont post fake clickbank cj copeac screenshots,

a kid of 12 years post those fake photoshop screenshots to scam members of warrior and dp forum..

I never seen in any country affiliate marketing helped any economy.. its a spare time and lazy business..

produce potatoes help the economy..

you guys so relaxed that the earth is facing lot of problems for your unproductiveness..

online dating is a product to sale? then start selling girls and chicks and call that a businesss as well.. it will earn you lot of dollars quick !!

now he will say we generate leads that moves the business ((LOL LOL)

surf4fun, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  12. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    ^^ zero valid points ^^

it's easy to say prove it but that can't be your whole argument. Fail, please try again ... this time work with complete sentences and good grammar so we can follow along.

ErectADirectory, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    don't they have machines for that?

Blogmaster, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  14. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ecplaza is offering an affiliate program for potato machines. I'm rushing to wickedfire to let the big affiliates from there know about it ;)

goscript, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    cool maybe surf can write some content for the site

16. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let's assume that your statement holds validity. Since when is a 40 percent return bad? Goes to show your intellect. :rolleyes:
    I have no clue why xmcp123 is trying to help you all, but stay out of affiliate marketing. It's less competition for me.

Mr. Websites, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming you come from WF. Could you point me to a couple of really good threads there? Thanks!~

18. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol... mate, you remind me of Carl Fox from the movie "Wall Street" where he says

"Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others."

peepin2me, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Toot, please stay away from Wicked Fire. You'll ruin it for the rest of us. Thanks.

guerilla, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  20. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    yes if affiliate marketing is helping you gamblers and you are calling it a return of investment

then stick with your spare time business as income for life..

dont invite more ppl into it.. when only 5% get success in this gamble and rest 95% just makes money for adword and your affiliate managers..THE CJ COPEAC or whatever knows this very well.. Online business, they recruit affiliate cause they know they will be bank crupt if they spend on advertising.. as there will 200% loss even if they choose the right keyword the right landing page the right sales text..
    cause its gamble.. thats why they choose affiliates to burn up their funds.. and they smile for life..

If affiliate marketing was so profitable google wont sell advertising to anyone just promote affiliate links

Dont try to fool us .. people have important career physical and feasible business ... we dont have time for your crookish one time money and fail and fail and then some return test and fail and fail career.. we dont have time to read your dirty tricks to make money or rinse and repeat rinse and repeat.

Please dont fool newbies

A doctor dont come to forums and call other young peoples come be a doctor it earns $2 to $20 per visit
    A engineer dont come and post his screenshot and say come buy my ebook and become an engineer in 24hours
    A business man who Export t-shirt doesnt comes and shows how much daily sales or yearly profit he is making
    An Industrialist dont say others come its very easy to setup an industry and roi is 45% per month.

And they also dont say its all secret buy my book or crookish script or a hidden membership video or paid forum access.

Because they know its never easy.. and only crooks and scammers does that..
    who pretend to be webmasters with no product or inventory.. only born with articles blogs and stickers.. which they cant even sell for 0.0$ in physical world. What they own or say success anybody can duplicate and own. JUst copy paste job. Come duplicate a doctor or industrialist you will know what career and real life business is

You guys are no more then Computer addicts/gamers/gambler/beter who cannot face the real life and failed in every aspect never faced any interview and work at dome lovers.. Cause you cannot earn a penny in real life.. You guys are pretend to be webmasters.. When you know you cant even make or run or make profitable a small Bycycle making project or plant.

Dont fool us.. stop scamming and taking more of ppls funds and making google and cj copeac clickbank and the crook gurus who operate them rich!

surf4fun, Jul 6, 2008 IP