1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Funny: Sick of Digital Point?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cbjunkie, Jul 5, 2008.

1. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Free advertising ON DP for them. See the benefits of DP ;)
    Friend or competitor, DP helps all.

We should start a religion called Digitalism, DPism or something to make webmasters worship DP and convert "wicked" people into Dp'ites. :D

lightless, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  2. nickycakes

nickycakes Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be like finding someone who has survived cancer and trying to get them to go back to having cancer.

Good luck with that.

nickycakes, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  3. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  4. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Erm. It's not like our members don't know DP exists. Many(most?) started on DP, then discovered WF and I guess converted the other way. A fair amount still have DP accounts though, but imo are seen much more on WF.
    Nothing against DP (I obviously post here too).

xmcp123, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure there's place enough for all of us from every forum to exist amicably together and roam freely.
    Let the businesses compete, competition is good as long as it leads to improvement [Either here or there]
    Each forum has it's benefits. Let the people choose what is best for them ;)

6. kingfish

kingfish Peon

Best Answers:
    kingfish, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  7. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, i've heard about two countries at war. But soon we will have two forums at war or re-war :D.

So who wants to jump into an ocean of sharks? ;). Maybe we could send nintendo in first. :eek:

8. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I think he's banned from WF.

xmcp123, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  9. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    You people obviously not getting the nature of that forum, or just don't want to. It fully intentionally looks like what it is.

Err... I hope that wasn't for me. It's not wickedfire sense, it's just my own opinion based on my experience. WickedFire is full of information you might need to learn to be a good affiliate marketer, so do DP but kinda hard to find "those" useful post here. Lots of useless posts - even if you don't admit it, people have been posting about it lately. Quality > Quantity.

But then again, WF isn't a place for you if you're into promoting e-books (clickbank and all that), stay in DP or go Warrior forum.

About Shoemoney, did he learn all his stuff here? If so, share it here (not blog)?

It's not about how many affiliate marketers earning millions, I personally don't care who is earning what, but the only thing I care is if a self-claimed über marketer sharing some tips. Not step-by-step guide to millions, just little tips which can help me in my work somehow. That's what a forum is about - not drooling on big checks, neither boobs. :)

No hate to either forum. I like DP as much as I do WF.

DarkX, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  10. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    WF is a cool place....

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great post. :)
    Both forums have their merits and issues.

The only reason i had to drag Shoemoney in was because of the statement that WF members earn 5000 times more than DP members [Whether it was an exaggeration or not].
    He still counts a DP member if someone is intent on comparing forum member earnings ;)

12. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney is a salaried employee. I seem to remember him saying $150k? Unless I'm remembering wrong.
    If that's the case, a lot of WFers beat him.
    If that's not, I suspect there's still a few. I'm constantly impressed by the numbers I hear about certain members when they (rarely) do leak. Some of the bigger guys are quieter types, some aren't. Depends on the person.

xmcp123, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  13. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WF for teh w1n. And Moniez. :D

guerilla, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  14. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    DP is for newbies who will fall for every ebook or shortcut to success and fail over and over and read over and over again and gain nothing and become sick and broke. Until they realize its a pure gambling and luck oriented business. And only way to make money is either stay in top 10 of google. or spend heavy duty on adwords gamble.

Wicked fire is for wickeds.. nasty crazy mad affiliates who have no social life and taken affiliate marketing (one of the laziest way to make money and spare time business with no business ethics) as career. They have gone to an extend in their forum where they show affiliate marketers are no better then hackers or cyber addicts etc. If you spend just 5 to 8 hours in wickedfire you will realize the industry is as sick as the hacking or criminal or sex webmaster industry is.

People still dont realize how much time they waiste reading.. and there is no fixed earning in affiliate marketing as its not a job. and there is huge chance of failure(95%) as its a spare time business as you cannot buy fixed search engine position from google and anytime can be sandboxed or dropped from ranking. Over time traffic dries up site looses value on its own and what ever you builded goes into the trash of billions.

Earning money from home is what that attracts atleast 450 000 people. And they think if they read forums all day they are earning something.. or reaching somewhere.. they will become shoe money one day..

The best thing to do in affiliate marketing is.

Choose a good converting niche offer (cpa now days/early days was clickbank and cj)
    Get pro design landing pages. Attach unique article to get good google quality score
    Get keyword list 400-500 that convert well with adwords
    Cloak your affiliate links in landing pages so it looks like natural links
    Gamble on adword until you get into a profitable position or become a bankcrupt.

Simple pure gambling game. WIN OR LOOSE!

Other then that take 400 keywords on your niche that have potensial
    write articles and post on isnare.com
    on resource box put your niche site name
    Get good search engine ranking for those keywords

But its purely Luck. So good luck!

There is nothing more needed. Forums should be like http://www.clickconsultants.com/. Who provide landing pages keyword list and tips tricks straight pointed to the direction instread of jerking and ripping new bies off or giving them a wicked impression as if affiliate marketing is either some crookish business or its some kind of business where you can hack shit load of money without investment and continue doing that rest of your life.

surf4fun, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  15. tempscript

tempscript Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice ad targetting, looks lieka cool forum too ... a bit dark IMO.

tempscript, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  16. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow Surf4fun. Your post is so wrong it's ridiculous.
    I know my reply is long guys. But stick with me. If you think SEO/PPC/anything else is a gamble...you need to read it.
    Up until this point I agree...(something's REALLY got to be done here guys)
    WRONG. It's not a gamble if you're educated, intelligent, and well suited for affiliate marketing. It's NOT for everyone. Some people can't or won't get it, and they will fail. If it was gambling, people would not have consistent success. Which they do by the way.
    Yeah we're crazy. But most DO have social lives. Girlfriends, children, wifes, school, hobbies, the works.
    Are you kidding? If it was easy/you could do it and be lazy EVERYONE would succeed. Most don't. Why? Because full time affiliate marketers(like myself by the way) work their butts off to keep their campaigns, tracking, and everything else in top shape. I've written thousands and thousands of liines of code to get my sites to function as they do. I risk my own money every single day, banking on my ability to do this better than the others promoting in my vertical. Tweaking keywords, landing pages, coding, split testing and everything else that separate people like me who get it from people like you who think it's a "gamble".
    ....are you kidding? Yeah. We have pictures of boobs. Hardcore is against rules. And btw, I have NO problem with the adult industry. But hacking and criminals? Come on now. Most are firm believers in "work smarter", and yeah we look for intelligent ways to do things faster and more efficiently. But there is DEFINITELY a line drawn and this is not the kind of claim you should put out there with zero evidence to back you up.
    Which is why you evolve. As I said, affiliate marketing is not for everyone. If you aren't confident you can roll with the punches. I'm confident I can. And thus far, I have. I've had campaigns go from producing thousands a day to in the lower hundreds overnight.
    Guess what I do?
    I make them better. I expand them. And if that doesn't work I find something new.
    I've had batches of 100+ sites banned because I missed an important part of my script. Guess what I did? I fixed it. Made it better. And ran it. And it more than than loss. We call that profit.
    You're an absolute fool if 100% of your income is in one site, or one niche. You spread it around and fix it or find a new one when one fails.

And by the way. This is NOT a spare time business for me or many others. This is what we do.
    Reading a forum will never make you rich. Once again, anyone who believes that is a fool. It's in the work. forums are just there to guide you, help you, and to let you benefit and learn from others mistakes. The people I've met have helped me in so many situations it boggles my mind.
    If that's all you do you deserve the bankrupt part.
    So tell me. Which 500 keywords convert well? Will "fast weightloss" convert for a specific diet product? What about "organic weightloss". Here's a fun one. Do "fast weightloss" vs. "rapid weightloss" convert differently?
    And just getting a "pro" landing page isn't enough. Modify it. Move things up and down. Change the text. Split test the crap out of them until you've done the absolute best you can.
    Then start rotating domain names. Which one gets a higher CTR? Do certain domains get higher CTR with certain adcopy? For that matter, which adcopy in general gets a higher CTR? Does the ad that has the highest CTR get the highest conversion ratio? If not, is it worth it?

The reason it's a gamble for you is because you either didn't read enough, didn't follow through, or are just not cut out for this business.
    Yeah great. Because once everyones using the same keyword list and landing pages....yeah. They won't work anymore. You don't directly copy people's campaigns. You won't get anywhere with that. MAKE IT BETTER.

Since you're so big on affiliates being lazy, and with following the crowd, I'll even give you a nice assignment to figure out.
    Someone has SWF adwords ads running for a popular offer. The city name the person is in always shows up in the ad. Considering SWF ads can't contact external databases(to lookup the IP) and file size limits the ad too much to actually encode in the IP rules, how aside from creating individual campaigns for each city(which would take FOREVER to establish a CTR for AND exceeds the max number of campaigns by a long shot) would you get it to show the city? If you can't figure that out, how would you quickly generate SWF files with the city name in them?

Maybe you're the lazy one. Not affiliate marketers or wickedfire members.

xmcp123, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  17. ErectADirectory

ErectADirectory Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds like 95% less crap to sift through to me ....

You are right, it's probably closer to 50,000 times. Do you really think the hardcore experts are pussy footing around this place all day every day?

One thing is for sure, if you migrate over there make sure and put on your big girl panties first. They simply don't play games and will rip you unmercifully if you start the same threads you do here.

ErectADirectory, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  18. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Good, seems as if Shawn doesn't give 2 hoots about this forum.

Sohan, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  19. lukazs

lukazs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A great new idea how to get some cheap traffic. Clever dude, that's it.

lukazs, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  20. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like all webmaster forums, each has its own theme and good tips.

netmaster123, Jul 5, 2008 IP