1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Build A Niche Stores

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by affiliatemarket5000, Jul 3, 2008.

Hello,

I was looking to build an affiliate website for digital cameras. I came across "Build A Niche Stores" for Ebay and wanted to know if anyone has had any success with them.

Thanks,
    Jack

affiliatemarket5000, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  2. Roo42

Roo42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't advise paying out any money for this sort of scheme unless you seriously know what you are doing! Although people with little or no knowledge of affiliate marketing do make money from BANS it is often more through luck than a guarantee.

Some people with knowledge of seo techniques etc can do well with BANS but, they usually have enough experience to build there own niche store without paying out a penny other than for a domain and hosting.

I'm successfully playing with a few sites using ebay rss feeds and widgets to achieve similair to a BANS and if you have knowledge of wordpress and scripting there are also some good free tools out there for doing this using a wordpress set up.

If you have a $100 to throw away though, give it a try, after all what have you to lose? (oh yeah, $100 :rolleyes: )

Roo42, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  3. justo

justo Peon

Best Answers:
    Roo is right, it is possible to make money off niche affiliate sites and you shouldn't have to spend any money on scripts to give it a try. If you have knowledge of PHP there is an open source script, mcjiffy, that can help you get going.

justo, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    basscleff likes this.
  4. basscleff

basscleff Active Member

Best Answers:
    thx, built one already, nice script

basscleff, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've used BANS stores with success. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but I'm sure I've made over $1000 with 'em.

That being said - I personally think there's much faster/more effective ways of making money online.

Zibblu, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  6. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Zibblu, why ? From reading forums lately I think it's great opportunity exactly for somewhat fast money with lot of diversify. Am I wrong ? Also $1000 only for all time...probably you didn't promote them more.

SEOLinker, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Certainly you can make money from them - perhaps if you create enough of them and promote them enough you could make a decent living from them (I'm sure many folks do.) And you are right I haven't spent a lot of time promoting my BANS stores but that's precisely because I found that the ROI just isn't that good compared to promoting other things.

It's all about using your time most effectively, in my opinion BANS just isn't the best way to use your time if you want to make money online. Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to take down the BANS stores I have already up, but I won't be putting up any new ones either or spending much time promoting the ones I already have up.

Zibblu, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  8. labwiz459

labwiz459 Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought BANS back in 2006 when they first started. The first 6 months was very good. But as this software proliferated like a bad viral rash across the internet, the value and effectivness has diminished. Google considers BANS store as SPAM and certainly does not rank well. Their customer service is terrible to say the least.

The BANS forum used to be public, but as a number of members started to complain about the issues, they made it a member only thing.....

labwiz459, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  9. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You should check out Popshops.com. I manage TheNerds.net affiliate program and you can build out product pages from their datafeed pretty easily using they service and the basic level is free. Let me know if you need help with it.

experienceadvertising, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  10. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    Some here gave good points but I do like BANS sites and you must do them the right way.

I have written about it:
    First 3 Months BANS results (Coupon too)

Opinion: BANS vs phpBay(WP plugin) vs phpBay API vs Free Options

I'm using the simple method:
    3 targeted products per site
    No Adsense or other crap. You want them to go to eBay.
    Goal of $1/day per site so I have many sites to build.

On that note, I also have my own program(AuctionSiteWriter) to create the auction site for me using BANS, phpBAY API or the eBay Widget(free)

Google deindex BANS+.info recently(blackhats fault). I do get traffic but from Yahoo. I hope that it get sorted out.

MISsupport, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  11. get best prices

get best prices Peon

Best Answers:
    hello,

try use www.mcjiffy.com , it's free and easy for start.

I'm using my own script but I don't have any success with ebay, maybe I need to change my niches :)

get best prices, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  12. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    So you want to say that Google bans BANS ? damn, that's not good at all...or only with .info ?

SEOLinker, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  13. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    SEOLinker: Only .info are affected to my knowledge. Black hats created 100 000 of them over night on .info. Google did not like that.

At .99 cents, it's a cheap bet and that's why I bought 50 of them before that happened. I do get 2-3 index out of the 12 but most are not.

Some have reported that their .info are getting index again. It's a wait and see for Google to tweak their algo for those. For new sites on .info, I'm using phpBay instead. But since I was busy with AuctionSiteWriter, I did not have much time to build my own empire. ;)

BANS is still better for newbies on .com.

P.S. I would had replied sooner but could not. DP was not letting me login(bug).

MISsupport, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  14. Dinaman013

Dinaman013 Peon

Best Answers:
    think bans is easy for make nice template. but wp is has many template for download.

Dinaman013, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  15. MISsupport

MISsupport Peon

Best Answers:
    I have nothing against using WP+ a plugin like phpBay plugin. I use that myself. But for those that do, I would warn you about the security issues that WP has vs BANS.

Removing wp-stats-php Infection From WordPress

BANS is also a simpler script(no plugin) thus require less resources than a WP.

Dinaman013: WP is targeted at everyday people thus got more themes. But many are not SEO optimized. Now, I did not looked at BANS themes but I would think that they are more SEO friendly. Then again, I would not use them since I don't want theme authors to find my BANS and used my keywords I used for it ;)

MISsupport, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  16. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    BANS is good and so is PHPbayPRO, check out both.

narsticle, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  17. drunkseo

drunkseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Bans is pretty easy to setup...I ve used before with some success.
    Be aware though, google is dropping bans sites harshly

drunkseo, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  18. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a newbie, I recommend BANS.

Some said Google is droping BANS sites lately.Personally I have not experience that kinda penalty, that's because I always put in extra efforts so that my BANS sites do not look like "thin" affiliates sites that Google hates. You can do so by adding unique contents including buying tips, tutorial, and videos.

hope this helps.
    CY

cylai, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  19. hornykid123

hornykid123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am having difficulties setting it up using Netfirms hosting. Many people say it's not a good hosting company.

hornykid123, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  20. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    hornykid123: I have no experience with netfirms hosting. I host BANS site with Hostgator and think they are pretty good :)

cylai, Jul 14, 2008 IP