1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ARTICLE] Controversial SECRET To Online SUCCESS - 90% Of Readers WILL NOT Do It!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BusinessCoach, Jun 30, 2008.

1. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Nope,

no sales pitch

just good old fashioned training :)

there are coaches all over

try searching google for one close to you

ask friends for references

try to find one with expertise in the areas you are trying to grow in.

Once you find a few qualified ones, it then comes down to your budget.

BusinessCoach, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  2. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    lol

because its a forum, most folk are lazy on the eyes, so they will read more if it seems a sentence and not a paragraph

its long enough as it is!!!!

lol

thanks for the compliment

3. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    try not to take the entire response personally directed at you. I know there are many in your boat, so in a sense I was speaking generally, while also trying to answer your specific question.

Be empowered!

4. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    BusinessCoach, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    who's that?

Meanna Blog, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  6. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    Jay Conrad Levinson

The "Father" of Guerrilla Marketing

This is an excerpt from the sales page of a seminar I did with him a couple years ago.

You can see the whole thing at www.GuerrillaMarketingBootcamp.com

=======
    I’ll begin my introduction with a quote from the June issue of Forbes. Writing of Jay Levinson the article states . . . "it is often said that marketing is a ‘short career:’ at age 35 you're considered wet behind the ears, but by age 40 a washed-up has-been, international marketing treasure Jay Levinson has broken this myth at both ends of its continuum. "

As an example, I’d like to take you back to 1955, the United States – we all Like Ike and we Love Lucy. And, if you’re a smoker of filtered cigarettes, you probably choose Winston, the number one brand, or Camel the number two – both of which today remain successful brands. A little further down the list, but still in the top ten, were brands like Chesterfield and Terryton – they haven’t faired as well.

Way down the list, near the bottom of the brand heap, is a virtually unknown brand of cigarette. Mild as May Marlboro.

And then came this place, and the guys who live there . . . Welcome to Marlboro Country

So successful was Jay’s campaign that it turned Marlboro into not only the most successful brand of cigarette in the country . . . it turned Marlboro into the most successful cigarette in the world.

So successful was this campaign that it made the Marlboro trademark the number one trademark in the world – bigger than Coca Cola.

So successful was this campaign that in the year 2000, when the big time muckety-mucks of the marketing elite got together to name the number one Marketing Campaign of the 20th Century, Marlboro Country and the Marlboro Man we their unanimous choice.

But that’s not why Jay is in the history books.

As a sidebar, today the Marlboro campaign is now over a half-century old . . . and during the past five decades it has remained virtually unchanged in message, content, and scope - - fifty years.

So the next time you think your advertising campaign might be getting a little stale with your audience, rest assured it hasn’t even cut its baby-teeth.

But, as I was saying, our special guest speaker isn’t in the marketing history books because of the Marlboro Man, or his Pillsbury Doughboy, or the Jolly Green Giant. . . or even his Friendly Skies of United.

Its not his senior positions at the World’s two finest advertising agencies, Jay Walter Thompson and Leo Burnett.

Or that he and his creative teams have won every prestigious marketing and advertising award time-and-time again.

Or for his groundbreaking columns in Entrepreneur, Inc or Fortune magazines.

Nope. Our Special Keynote speaker is in the marketing history books because of this little term right here. Guerrilla Marketing – not just a national best seller, but is actually the best selling marketing series in history (now published in some 41 languages around the planet).

BusinessCoach, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  7. hertonsils

hertonsils Guest

Best Answers:
    great article gave me a lot to think about. Some of it is quite obvious but it's always the most obvious things that are the most helpful.

hertonsils, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  8. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    wow... he's the man.

Do you mainly coach internet entrapeneurs?

Meanna Blog, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  9. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:

Actually, no.

Majority of my clients are brick and mortar biz owners.

I do internet marketing coach though, usually through teleseminars, bootcamps and member sites.

Sadly, most have not figured out the difference between a "guru" and a "trainer"

I am a trainer.

BusinessCoach, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  10. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    Is there also a difference between a trainer and a coach?

11. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    not really, but there is definitely a big difference between a coach and a consultant

12. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    ok, could you define the role a coach / trainer takes in the life of a businessman / entrapeneur?

How would someone on the forums be able to choose one that would help them acheive the best results?

13. Kenpachi_Bankai

Kenpachi_Bankai Banned

Best Answers:
    Lovely article man, read the whole thing and loved it!! I totally agree with you mate!

Kenpachi_Bankai, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  14. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As far as this forum, I dunno.

But to choose a coach in general...

man there is so much...lots of things to look for, but things that I feel are important that often are not thought about or overlooked, and to me are the MOST important

1) whether the coach is "trained" or "experienced"

Lets say you were looking for a finance coach to help you with your accounting. Is this a coach who has experience handling THEIR own AND others finance...or are they just someone who took classes, read books and got "educated" about it.

Good coaches have experience...you want the ex-boxer to coach you, not the guy who was the ring announcer

2) Do they fit your budget?

Its important to be realistic...my mentor Jay Levinson charges $1000 an hour for PHONE consultations! I am not quite at that point yet.

3) You coach should already be or have surpassed the level you wish to attain.

If you want to learn how to make 1 million dollars in one year...make sure that coach has done that.

That wouldn't be me...I can show you how to make a million in 2-4 years, as I can show you how to get to 6 figures annually (its where I am)...if you want 2 commas by the end of the year in revenue, you have to go a step higher than me

4) Time and commitment

Make sure both you AND the coach have and are willing to commit to a specific amount of time for your project

those are the top 4, there are more of course, but those things will help you filter through the weeds.

Also be sure to look for little extras. For instance, we record all our coaching sessions, so that people can always go back and review what they learned (or forgot)

Hope this helps!

15. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    Role of a coach

a coaches job is to encourage and most importantly TRAIN a person in the way to think and make decisions. As well as provide the tools to discipline the person to get the job done.

A track coach will teach you about keeping your body fit with diet, exercise and rest. The coach will give you specific training techniques to improve yourself, and lastly the coach will give you secrets to win and beat the competition

Ultimately YOU have to do the work,and the coach cheers you on. Your success or failure is always reflected on the coach. A good coach understands this and only wants you to WIN, even in spite of your own self.

A business coach shows the same attention and provides the same training and secrets to entrepreneurs. The difference is it is focused on a specific discipline like management, finance or marketing.

16. xmcp123

xmcp123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done none of those 4 things, and make more than most people's parents(I'm 20).
    I'd put my 5 rules as this.
    1. If you don't have an edge or advantage, you're done before you started.
    2. No one can "deserve" anything. Ranking, profit, anything. Do what you have to do to succeed and don't let anyone stop you(except laws or your OWN morality; don't inherit it from Google).
    3. Whenever something's profitable, automate it and scale it until you control the market. 50% plus things will make jack for money, so you have to use the others to make up for that.
    4. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you burn money one day, then work your butt off to make it better the next.
    5. Always remember who you're working for and what you're working for. Everything else is irrelevant.

xmcp123, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  17. rovshan1

rovshan1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's all about how hot your product is!

If people simply do not buy your product, you waste your time and effort.
    And all the above tips in the article are worth nothing in this case.

Of course, the salesletter matters as well, but not as much as value of the product does.

1000 visitors + poor product = 0 sales => no money - no budget => no inspiration to continue.
    1000 visitors + good product = 10 sales => solid budget to buy more traffic and develop business

rovshan1, Jul 4, 2008 IP
    BusinessCoach likes this.
  18. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    This is where I am a little confused between trainer and coach.

Tiger woods for example probably has trainers who are awesome golfers. But I doubt his coach is an amazing golfer. I'd imagine he is the guy that makes sure Tiger is doing the day to day stuff that makes him great...

Does that make sense (not trying to be argumentative, I just think that you dont have to be brilliant at what you are coaching somebody through).

Meanna Blog, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  19. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    I wont bother to talk about the comments from the guy who's signature say black hat is ok

but as for Product being most important...well, I disagree, especially in comparison to the above.

If that were true please explain

Every eBay "secrets" ebook that comes out every year
    Slinky (a scrap wire coil brough home from a factory)
    My Pet Rock (really, just a rock)
    William Hung (broke Top 40s sales charts for opening week, ultimately sold over 200k copies of CD)
    Brokeback mountain ("gay" cowboys...really?)
    Fake Gold Teeth :rolleyes:
    Gangster Rap
    Emo
    Dancing with the stars
    New kids on the block
    Thigh Master
    Flowbee (vacuum cleaner haircut...:confused:)
    This

all of those things did/do sell great...mostly do to great marketing Budgets & PLANS ;)

BusinessCoach, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  20. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:

in sports it's less important than it is in business.

business trainers and "GOOD" coaches are one and the same

there are coaches...with little experience...but do they REALLY know what they are talking about?

its one thing to read about aerodynamics and its affect on the body and explain that to someone who is getting behind the wheel. Its another thing entirely to have someone say, "now when you take that turn at 200mph, your guts are going to feel like they are full of lead...your first instinct is to hold your breath, believe me "I KNOW"....instead try to remember to breathe..."

As I said....Never take advice from a bald man on how to grow hair.

For the record Hank Haney started as nothing but a golf pro, learning from the best..he focuses on aerodynamics etc etc in contrast Tigers FIRST coach Butch Harmon, was an actual golfer first.

I honestly believe Hank can only help tiger improve from a technical aspect, not as a golfer as a whole, and someone like Hank can only be used after you have had a "real" coach previously...like Butch.

Again those things, were things I look for. and personally, (due to my spiritual beliefs) I prefer people who know what they are talking about based off of persoanl experience, and not simply what they were told.

BusinessCoach, Jul 4, 2008 IP