1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best free web design tutorial?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by MarketExpert, Jul 2, 2008.

I want to brush up on my desigh skills. Any tutorials you can recommend?

MarketExpert, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean? Programming? You can find a hell of a lot of tutorials on this for free around the web. Same with designing actually.

twistedspikes, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. Mitchelle Johnson

Mitchelle Johnson Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Friend,

You can find tutorials or tips about web design on some design related websites or blogs but here, in this article,some important tips or points should be kept in mind while developing a website ----

Designing websites have always been tricky as most web site developers tend to suffer from obsession with graphics. It is true that attractive web design increases web traffic. But, gone are the days when graphics, flash and animation were thought to be essential components of a good website.Things have changed in present days. Much importance is given to the content of the website. Content should be unique, useful and relevant to the topic. The significance of content has increased these days due to the increased importance of internet marketing. Organizations are using e-commerce approach. Further, content rich web pages are good for B to B(Business to Business) and B to C (Business to Customer) website.

On that note, it is necessary we familiarize us with some guidelines and common errors that one should keep in mind while developing a site.

Some guidelines and common errors -

1) Emulate websites (Google, Microsoft, Yahoo )structures that reflects simplicity, easy navigation.These are user friendly sites. Information seekers have easy reach to their related information. If user is searching any information about product or information or any link for navigation, he should get information or navigation close and direct to the content.

2) Make your site content easily readable to your visitors. Choose font family that looks good and makes text easy to read. Font type that can be used for arial, verdana, times, courier etc. All are easy to read.

3) Be careful to give good contrast to your website pages. Make right combination like white text and black background or black text or white background that looks gorgeous but avoid black text with brown background because it is not user friendly.

4) Try to use 2-3 colors in your web pages, avoid multicolor in your website considering your visitors with contrast perception difficulties.

5) You should be able to make easy changes in your website without feeling the need of redesigning any website. To add or remove any content from your website should be easy so that you can update your site content frequently, add new ideas and delete previous one. Avoid uncommon layouts and use CSS and dynamic tags.

6) Provide rich and relevant content to your website. Content on your web pages, pictures and information should be relevant. Do not use a lot of animation. Update content according to the needs and get links from good and relevant website.

7) Make website easier to use after removing complexity from your website.

For more information about Vinove visit at: http://www.pixelcrayons.com/

Mitchelle Johnson, Jul 2, 2008 IP
    MarketExpert likes this.
  4. vodcoder

vodcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    My favourite web design tutorials are the video tutorials. You can find many sites with kind of vids, the first one that comes to my mind is codervods.com

vodcoder, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for markup, start here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=8141503

Otherwise, head over to SitePoint.com and pick up a copy of "The Principles of Beautiful Web Design".

[Disclosure: I am an Advisor (read: moderator) on the SitePoint Forums; I have not been compensated in any way, shape or form whatsoever for the recommendation above.]

Dan Schulz, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  6. mammothgraphics

mammothgraphics Peon

Best Answers:
    w3schools.com

mammothgraphics, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  7. jprice259

jprice259 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, for tutorials for web development and web design, check out my sig for the link on tutorials. I'm creating a developers / designers "bible" for almost anything web related.

jprice259, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  8. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go to talk-mania.com , they have lot of good web design tutorials and easy to follow

bnandika, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  9. mori

mori Peon

Best Answers:
    mori, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  10. peter.walls

peter.walls Banned

Best Answers:
    oh, this is really good me. thanks you

peter.walls, Jul 4, 2008 IP