1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Content is King": Do you hire people to write for you(?)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by x3xsolxdierx3x, Jun 26, 2008.

1. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write most of the articles myself as I am an English honors and do not need any content writers

But I am planning to hire some soon

waziuz, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  2. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Do any of you have any goals for your content writing/ article writing? I mean.......do you try to write at least 1 article a day? 2 articles? 3?........how many do you try to write a week?.......

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  3. tata668

tata668 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to hide some writers but I'm looking for french content and french writers are hard to find!

So I currentlly do it by myself..

tata668, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  4. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    While I'm confident enough to say that I belong to the .1%, your figure is too appalling. And to think you offer SEO.

what, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  5. vnttn

vnttn Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyone want to write himself! But the problem is time, you have to spend so much time for those articles. Time is Gold!

vnttn, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  6. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    The company you are referring to was Applied Semantics which was aquired by Google in April 2003. Applied Semantics was purchased for its semantic text processing and online advertising expertise derived from its patented CIRCA technology.

CIRCA uses a proprietary ontology which consists of hundreds of thousands of concepts and their relationships to each other. This ontology is developed by merging industry standard knowledge bases with automated tools together with guidance and direction from a team of lexicographers and computational linguists.

CIRCA has absolutly nothing to do with LSI.

The subject of this 2005 interview was Mike Grehan and he has since changed his opinion. A lot by 2006 Lies, Lies, and LSI and even more by 2007 as you can see at the end of this article.

As the information retrieveal expert Dr Garcia has said “LSI is like algebra and calculus, you either understand the concept or you don’t.”

- Michael

Michael, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Several thoughts in reply:

1) Ssandecki actually does offer some of the best SEO out there.

2) I'm confident that the 99.9% figure was deliberate hyperbole (exaggeration made to make a point, with the understanding that readers will realize that it is exaggeration).

3) Just a personal reflection here — it puzzles me when I hear of webmasters hiring others to write their content. Granted, if English is their second language, I can easily understand hiring some help with the grammar and spelling, etc. But if I'm creating a website about blue widgets, but am not personally at least a semi-expert myself in blue widgets, why am I bothering to create a website on the topic? Just leave that topic to those who are experts.

Jim4767, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  8. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do understand that ssandecki's remark was an exaggeration. Unfortunately, not everyone recognizes that and I think that's quite an unfair judgment for writers out there who strive hard. To say that 99.9% article writers merely plagiarize someone else's work is just an indication that perhaps ssandecki wasn't able to work with a true professional.

what, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  9. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing is just something that....well.....could either make or break SEO, or at least have a pretty hefty impact on it.......so, it's not something I'm willing to let others do for me.......it does take ALOT of work to write those articles.....but, even if I can't write one on a given day, I'd rather that then handing over control of it to someone else.....

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jun 29, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    ....I think it's a viable assumption that a majority of work is plagiarized......the internet, and all the resources available at our very fingering tips, make it THAT much more easy to plagiarize.....so, I'm sure the tendency is always there for some writers......remember, it's not really just copying words, it's also the taking of 'thoughts'.......my way to remedy it, is to just stay away from any sources when writing my articles......I break open a composition notebook, pick a topic, and work on it without any outside influences....

11. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    I know not everyone out there has been lucky enough to have developed a platform like MySpace or Facebook, so, what kind of things can be done to get users to provide content?......Iv'e been brainstorming ideas like potentially holding 'writing' contests.....having people write articles about why they like a product, or something like that........

what kind of creative things have people done here to get content for you site?

12. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! I do admit that Content is King :) but commonly i write my own but for irrelevant topics i hire writers :)

jezzz, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  13. Skillman13

Skillman13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, tell me when =P (ur going to hire.)

Skillman13, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  14. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Not any time soon.......but, that's just me......lol

15. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes buying is one of the option for me but then I put my content also.

shabbirbhimani, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  16. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    content writers are very helpful but finding the right people can be difficult as many care little about the content they create. However good content writers are worth every penny.

lightlysalted, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  17. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    hm........have you checked in France? lol......

18. tata668

tata668 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any URL to suggest?

tata668, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  19. ggypsy

ggypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not shoot for the A+? :p

ggypsy, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  20. Mikesblank

Mikesblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    I generally save the good quality content written by myself for my own sites.
    For article marketing, as long as it's approvable / non duplicate, I don't really mind the quality of the content written for me if it's the same theme/niche.

Mikesblank, Jun 29, 2008 IP