1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Boonex Dolphin review?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Pixelrage, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbrides

tbrides Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    vlspersonals have been very fast to reply to my enquiries which is a good sign.

let me know how vldpersonals goes for you. thanks

tbrides, Feb 5, 2008 IP
  2. KrazyKat

KrazyKat Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone using Dolphin at the present time? Have all of the bug and error issues been addressed and fixed?

KrazyKat, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No and no, sorry. :)

Astroman, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  4. tbrides

tbrides Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, i went with vldpersonals for a dating site.

guys at vldpersonals are excellent. fast support and a good community forum.

They use jquery.

They should expand their product as it appears they know what they are doing.

tbrides, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  5. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    mg1313, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  6. AlonsoDC

AlonsoDC Guest

Best Answers:
    Is a free script that is full of bugs. The company charge you extortionate fee's to fix the bugs (the fee's change depending on how drunk they are that day). Whilst the script looks very nice it is completely useless, as there is no feasable way to perform a distance search. The supplied features (mp3 player, video upload and forum) don't work. It's a "known issue". Absolutely abysmul SEO.

AlonsoDC, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  7. j11t

j11t Peon

Best Answers:
    PLEASE Save yourself the headaches!!!

It is not worth the trouble. I tried the script as a test run while experimenting with different CMS's..not only the is the script "buggy" but in order to get support you have to jump throw a lot of loops. "Its free support..but you have to pay for it" kind of thing....Not worth the space on your server.

I know it looks beautiful and the administration pages have nice drag and drop features etc. But please, heed the many warnings that have been posted. The amount of negative feedback alone should be a huge indication. Try a more credible open source cms if you are not in a situation where you would opt to pay for a script.

Personal Experience, run from this scam.

j11t, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  8. Allenn

Allenn Guest

Best Answers:
    You will be scammed by a woman:))))This Boonex company is run by a Russian scammer Yulia Chibisova also known as Yulia Sivtsova (the same person, check the flat number on Whois) from Kyrgyzstan.

Allenn, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is one of the worst scripts I have seen... it is very buggy and my site always showed some error when I installed it to test it on one of my sites.... I would never recommend but at the same time it is free .. so if you are one who likes free products you might opt for it but it would surely give you some problems

I even tried the http://www.modmysite.com/ claimed bug free version of boonex and bought it from them but that too was exteremely buggy. A horrible experience for sure and not recommended to anyone

waziuz, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  10. DJ Torch

DJ Torch Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I have tried using dolphin for years and the DB always crashes.

DJ Torch, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  11. xbok

xbok Peon

Best Answers:
    xbok, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  12. kylebolt

kylebolt Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of using Dolphin as a platform for a site i want to build. I guess not anymore :(

Anyone know of a good replacement instead of Boonex Dolphin?

kylebolt, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  13. greggy

greggy Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone with any reviews about latest release and smart-pro?
    Appreciated

greggy, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  14. greggy

greggy Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone know anything about the latest release? buggy or not?

greggy, Sep 29, 2008 IP
  15. jtadeo

jtadeo Peon

Best Answers:
    The latest release is a lot better but still has a few bugs.

From first hand experience, about 90% of the problems I see with "bad" Dolphin experiences is because some users have the incorrect server configs.

I've created several sites with Dolphin and have had good results with it.

jtadeo, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  16. Destintonight

Destintonight Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a new user of dolphin and my feelings are mixed about the product. First, the software is free, but then you need to pay to get all of the ads removed. Next is the Orca plugin... You need to pay for it as well. Orca looks similar to craigslist, only lacking in the features. Thirdly are all of the widgets and plugins. You need to pay for them as well and it all adds up. After seeing where many users tried to buy the serial and never got it, I decided to try the free ray version. It did not work and keeps saying wrong license. I have currently given up on the ray system and am working with a developer to integrate other systems to take place of the ray widgets.

Here is my feelings about the dolphin software:
    1) Hard to change background, with little to no support (what has been posted to work on other versions does not seem to work on V6.1.4)
    2) No Contacts Importer (This is a very important feature to help build your community)
    3) Ray Widgets don't work (Plan on spending $$$+ to fix this issue
    4) Rudimentary interface, some back office items work well and have plenty of options... others seem cobbled together with poor functionality

I havent had any serious issues or bugs *yet* but I will be sure to post them if I do. If you would like, please visit my site and get an idea of the newest dolphin software. It is www.destintonight.com

My summary is this... Nothing in life is free and you will get what you pay for... If you use dolphin, plan to pay a developer to help fix some issues and customize it for your needs. Otherwise, look for a software that has everything you need. Please DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you send off your money. I have found many scammers in this business before I decided to work with boonex. Oh... and never use Cyberxing for hosting. They offer a free install and other things... you will get nothing in return, other than a empty slot on a server, no domain name, no software install and no reply on their "Submit a ticket" system

Destintonight, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  17. jtadeo

jtadeo Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly no dig against you but I think a lot of what's happened to you is a lack of skills and knowledge on how to use Dolphin and this is understandable.

I know that there is little documentation on the product and that makes it that much more difficult to solve the problems you've run into. That is one of the reasons why I've created a site dedicated to Dolphin tutorials (see my sig). I will be adding more when I have time.

As for me I've been able to create several Boonex Dolphin sites with success. There were a few bugs and problems along the way but for the most part they've been dealt with.

Here's a site I created at http://www.e2citizen.com

jtadeo, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  18. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Any updates on the latest Dolphin release? I'm looking for a new social CMS after giving up on Joomla! after months of development simply because it became overly complicated and very very slow :(

Looking to redevelop with Dolphin, Elgg or vBulletin. Crucial features I need are a forum and classifieds.

Would appriciate any advise on the best way to go, with the fewest headaches!

emitind, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  19. funlounge

funlounge Peon

Best Answers:
    Dolphin is really pretty good.

It has a very nice forum component and also a good classifieds component

check out my site http://www.jawwna.com

funlounge, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  20. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can check Handshakes.