1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It actually worked ! $1.50 a day to $10.00 A day overnight!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalta1, Jun 5, 2008.

1. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I hate to diss any more than I've already kind of implied, but I do think customer service isn't exactly the strong point of the context-based ads industry (or whatever you prefer to call it). They're operating off the general idea that they can make the most money off people who know what they're doing and therefore require very little assistance. They bandy about the whole "rtfm" approach, but often that "fm" really isn't very clear.

In my opinion, they're leveraging the "grey areas" they intentionally leave open for use in the hopes that your average will exercise common sense, self control and respect the ethics of business as they're commonly understood.

Pretty hilarious, right?? ;-)

GlowStormLion, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  2. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for that reply from google but really "glenn dory said it right it aint helping out and G is not responding good. why not go for other methods they told you and share their results with us. the blogs and forums and confirmations the big G said!

farhajr, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  3. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will post again in their suggested forums and let you all know what the consensus there is. When I posted before it was pretty much the same as here.

kalta1, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  4. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew they would........

As long as the CTR stays up, that's the main thing. You've done everything humanly possible to make it meet their TOS. IMHO

I would concentrate on link building at this point in the game. IMHO

Links+Traffic=Clicks=$

IMHO

;)

John-Q, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  5. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey John:
    Thats exactly what I'm doing as well as optimizing adsense with my other sites also. CTR is staying up there. In the last week my average CTR is 8.7% I'll take it considering my average CTR in May before any changes was 3.56%

Tony

kalta1, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  6. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    That's Great!
    I'm a firm believer in, never put your eggs in the same basket.
    Doing the same with about 20 sites.

Also, I've been buying up cheap 2-3 year old domains and adding fresh content/adsence etc. ;)

On a side note:

I have a new site that just has "coming soon" and a adsence link unit on it. Well yesterday it had a 200.00% CTR. It had more clicks then impressions.??? I was freaking out!!! I didn't think that was possible. We're not talking about a lot of $ so I doubt I will get any grief from G. Just goes to show what a fool proof system they have in place...:D

Anyway, Glad things are moving forward for you.

John-Q, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  7. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Kalta.. those tips you gave in my thread might just be working... today CTR's way up :-D Not much in terms of MONEY mind you, but heartening, nonetheless ;)

GlowStormLion, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  8. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    AWESOME ! Keep close track to see whats happening daily and hopefully the CTR will stay up there! Please keep me posted!

Tony;~)

kalta1, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  9. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a friendly warning. Careful about putting adsense on "coming soon" pages. G will slap you quicker than you can blink. If you get a manual review with that page(s) up, kiss your account goodbye.

:)

glenndorsey, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  10. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to second that. Be careful with stuff like that. Its not worth it!

kalta1, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Things are holding pretty good with CTR this last week averaging 8.44%. I just downloaded Joel Comms 4th edition book for adsense optimizing and have already made a few minor changes. I'm sure I will be making more and will keep you posted.

Tony

kalta1, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  12. Xuploadz

Xuploadz Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's not legal for google TOS

Xuploadz, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  13. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you back up what you say by giving me TOS written & image examples that look like mine that says its not legal please? Please don't just send me the TOS that is very vague thats says no ad unite by images. They mean images that line up to each ad so it looks like if you click that ad line it corresponds that single image.

Tony

kalta1, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  14. idoit

idoit Peon

Best Answers:
    Unbelievable, since I put the Google ads in my website one month and half before, the best day for me is about $6.

idoit, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  15. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a gallery site and emailed Google a while ago. I have a faint outline on the ads next to pictures (I can't avoid it since the gallery pages are almost all pictures.)

There's a site called lovetoknow dot com and that's how they handle their pics. They are a massive site in Alexa's top 100K and I figured they had to be in touch with Google. In articles, their pics are side by side with ads. Only ads and pics have an outline around it. Outline color is not more than a whisper, but it's an outline.

So, contact Google and ask. It doesn't hurt and could keep your site from being permanently banned.

As far as the titles are concerned...avoid titles that deceive people into thinking your ads are links. Don't have a knee jerk reaction and move the ads. Obviously, if title is "Click Here to Find Out More," it's against terms of service to have ads directly beneath. If the title is "Pink Flamingos Are On My Lawn," you're fine.

Valkerie, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  16. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    Tony, awesome you're still seeing progress! I'm seeing some too even though I need to make changes. I don't want to change it too rapidly so I'm trying to let the alterations sit a while.. really awesome news tho :)

GlowStormLion, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  17. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this info. I checked out their site and agre that they are doing nothing misleading.

kalta1, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  18. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man, its slow but its progress. I think the main thing is to keep marketing and linking once your ad units are where you want them.

kalta1, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  19. rselatan

rselatan Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice info, social network is a good place to get visitor

rselatan, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  20. Fatherspirit

Fatherspirit Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great Tony! I followed a similar plan to what you did and my profits jumped 300% in a day so I was thrilled!
    Best to you,
    Dave.

Fatherspirit, Jun 30, 2008 IP