1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezinearticles.com is really starting to piss me off!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by thehitbomb, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to take into account the fact that they have multiple editors, one might consider your site acceptable and the other not.

seo4china, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Firstly, Ezine is completely free so you're not obligated to use them.

Secondly, there are different editors and sometimes you can sneak things by an unsuspecting editor.

Thirdly, you're promoting a warez site. What did you expect?

webwork, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing I can add to that :)

Although my use of EzineArticles hasn't been without a few problems. There are some articles I submitted years and years ago, and then I went to update the resource box, and of course the articles need to be re-checked for compliance...

But then they get rejected! (after being live for a few years without hassle) I think what happens is that people rip off my articles and resubmit them under their accounts, or copy from someone that copied me, and then I get blamed for submitting duplicate content.

I have learned to never edit live articles ;)

MTbiker, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. ibw13

ibw13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they are pretty bad at approving articles. I'll get some that are approved and then another rejected saying the title is violating conditions even though an article with an extrememly similar title was just approved.

Who knows, I think it is because different people approve your articles each time you submit them, it is not always the same person and one person may think something is good while another says it violates terms.

It is frustrating, but it is a good article website to post to. I have also had good success with goarticles.com

Thanks,

ibw13, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. pso

pso Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you. You have a warez site, of course ezinearticles is going to suspend your account. :rolleyes:

Warez = illegal

pso, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  6. thehitbomb

thehitbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    Calm your azz down! I am BRAND NEW to this and have no idea what that is (warez)

Jesus, you friggin people think that you are Gods walking around mere mortal men because you're a big bad internet marketer. The alpha males.

Maybe, insead of ridiculing, maybe you could be more helpful and explain what the problem was. You don't have to be a friggin prick!

I did not make that site. I registered a url and redirected to that site. I have no idea how it is illegal.

Jesus, jump off of your high horse!

Everyone else that wasn't a jerk, thanks for your input!

thehitbomb, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  7. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anything dealing with pirated music, movies, video games, etc, OR anything that could possibly be used in conjunction with such activity is usually enough that a site such as EzineArticles would refuse to publish a related article.

MTbiker, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles, DMOZ, etc. they are all in my blacklist.
    But as much as I don't like them, I still have to use their service :)

zexy, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. thehitbomb

thehitbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Casey at EzineArticles informed me of that. However, I did not know that the site I was promoting was doing anything illegal. I figured them to be on the level since I found them on ClickBank.

Two more points here:
    1. They kept referring me to section 2f of the editorial guidelines, which says nothing to the effect of the actual SITE that I was referring people to through my article. That got incredibly aggrevating. Especiall that they took forever in returning my emails that asked what was wrong with my link.

2. I got the idea of marketing this type of site through a number of articles on their site. At least a dozen. All of the articles were informing people of the advantages of burning game cd's from their site, and to download games and burn to cd as well.

Oh well, it is what it is. They pissed me off, then I pissed them off. I probably wont be able to use their service anymore, and that sucks.

10. pso

pso Peon

Best Answers:
    So you basically promoted a site you didn't even know what it was about?

Before you become involved in any type of an affiliate program (since games2cds is in the platinum partner program), it's best to research how sites do their buisness before becoming their affiliate. ;)

BTW - This was your first post:

"I submitted 10 articles, all with the same information in the resource box. This resource box only contains ONE url link and it is written as such:
    http://www.games2cds.com

There is no anchor text, it is my site, the link works.
    6 of my articles with this link in the resource box have been approved, but 4 others are continuosly being rejected for the link in the resource box.

I have sent email after email to ezinearticles.com but am not getting a reply.

Their lack of consistency is INCREDIBLY aggrevating.

any thoughts??????"

You specified "my site", no redirection whatsoever. If you would have of stated this from the get go, my reply would have been different.

pso, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. pso

pso Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many dubious sites on ClickBank. I say about 90% of them in the platinum program are illegal.

pso, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  12. drylake

drylake Banned

Best Answers:
    I submitted 10 articles, only 3 were accepted. =)

drylake, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  13. thehitbomb

thehitbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    Then does that make ClickBank shady and kind of illegal too since they are a platform to sell this service?

If something blew up (like napster did) would all of the affiliates to this program be guilty as well?

14. pso

pso Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, ClickBank as a whole is shady. I don't think the affiliates would be in trouble if something blew up, most likely ClickBank the company would be held responsible.

pso, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  15. Darkness

Darkness Peon

Best Answers:
    If the affiliates knew if was illegal and promoted the materials in a way that tried to deceive people into thinking it's legal then yes they are also legally responsible, however some judges would contend that ignorance isn't an excuse for the law.

Darkness, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  16. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know much about eZineArticles but one thing I noticed is the articles that were rejected had a : in them while the accepted ones did not. If they do accept articles like that, dont mind me.

immortality, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  17. taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't want you promoting your warez site through theirs. Simple as that. You can't deny that what you are doing is illegal, and based on your squidoo pages you're not exactly a fantastic writer either. I'm not at all surprised they denied you.

taylorwilsdon, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  18. thehitbomb

thehitbomb Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should have read ALL of my posts. I clearly did not know what "warez" was and or is. I stopped promoting that product. I don't want someone getting ripped off because of me and my promotions. I don't want to be involved with that. And it is NOT MY site, so screw off!

And my squidoo pages were not intened to be viewed by Harvard English Scholars. I used the language that the targeted audience understands and relates to. So, calm down and tear the stick out of your rear end so you can lighten up. Dont be so friggin critical about things.

There are a lot of douche bags out here!

thehitbomb, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  19. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    You started this thread with a ball of hate, what did you expect?

webwork, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  20. Univ

Univ Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how your articles are rejected. I've submitted one article thus far; it got accepted immediately, and I was given the expert author status.

So what are you guys doing that gets you rejected and makes me an expert author with just one submission?

Univ, Jun 28, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.