1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JohnChow.com wants to be in my entercard widget!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by richkid, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TopSR

TopSR Peon

Best Answers:
    @silveraden

Entrecard can be useful if you do not just use it as an advertising opportunity but as a networking tool. I don't drop much, but I have loyal visitors to my blog because I formed strong relationships with other Entrecarders.

@Wayne Liew

AFAIK, John Chow, Darren Rowse and the likes get paid to endorse Entrecard, though the Problogger has probably ended his endorsement term.

@wd_2k6

Entrecard is a bloggers' network. You can sign up for free, and then network and/or place your ads on the blogs of other network members. There is no monetory income involved here. Ads are bought and sold using "credits" which you can earn by visiting member blogs, and clicking on the Entrecard widget on them.

The concept has become very popular so Entrecard has now opened a Credit exchange where you can buy or sell credits for money. The exchange has its own exchange rate vis-a-vis the US dollar.

Hope that helped.

TopSR, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  2. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, but now quality traffic...

silveraden, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  3. TGS

TGS Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither of their traffic is going down. Alexa is changed their algorithms to stop inflated ranks and most MMO niche blogs' graphs are going down instead of up.

Now, I'm no fan of Chow, but he will make more money this month than most do in a year. Don't bash on someone because they make more money than you doing something they find easy, but you find extremely difficult.

TGS, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  4. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    what is entrecard widget?

mberman84, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  5. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:

Grow up.... seriously... it's not like the Alexa graphs are faked and it's not like I was bashing on John Chow or Shoemoney. ALL I SAID was their Alexa rankings are going down.. As are 90% of the trendy "make money online" blogs that copied Chow, Shoe, Rowse, Zac Johnson, etc and diluted their market share. :confused:

Please don't insult me regarding how much I'm worth vs those affiliate marketing prostitutes. How in the heck do you know how much money I make or what I'm worth ??? I'll tell you this... You'll NEVER, EVER see me posting how much I made each month on my blog (errr, correction.... one of my many blogs). That's just so nouveau riche and just plain tacky.

and FYI, I don't work for my money, my money works for me. It's called real estate and the stock market. The internet is just my supplemental, residual revenue playground baaaaby!!! Not to mention, I'd rather slam at a TOOL concert than dine in some fancy restaurant (and I certainly would never be so ghey as to put a shoemoney logo on the bottom of either of my pools)

:eek:

:cool:

:mad:

Bryce, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  6. dannbkk

dannbkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jerk chow :)

dannbkk, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  7. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe he was talking about me? I was bashing on Johnny. I still am. The guy is a noob magnet blogger which gives nothing useful to the surfers who already knows where "Enter" is.

speed100, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  8. gjvblack

gjvblack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is EntreCard even useful anymore? I've heard goods and bads about it. I also heard the owner is stuckup or something like that. JohnChow is also heard by almost every blogger, but why does every blogger like worship this guy (im saying SOME bloggers lol) :confused: ?

gjvblack, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  9. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    I concur. I lost all respect for the Chow when he was pimping Agloco like there was no tomorrow. Let's not forget he allows ads from that "Reverse Funnel Scheme" (you know, the beach bum millionaire Ty Coughlin who used to be the lead singer for some crappy EMO band but now he's turned into a timeshare mlm whiz :confused: ) - Shoemonkey and all the rest of the affiliate hookers all have ads for RFS which is just a pyramid scheme (Make $5000 per week !!! Oh yeah) and in my opinion if you care so little about your readers that you'll take money for them to get scammed then you suck.

I hope John Chow and the rest of them are saving that money and not just blowing it like some gangsta rap artist on bling bling - because they're all going to become the internet's version of MC Hammer :eek:

Otherwise, at the thread starter - you have scratchback on your blog? If so, I'll give you some for starting this thread. Hell, I might even throw in a few PR9 backlinks :p.

Bryce, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  10. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:

I remember RFS :) Pretty sneaky thing. I think that Johnny is still pushing this.

speed100, Jun 26, 2008 IP