1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Read This Before Replying to Posts in This Section!

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by yfs1, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

It's also a good idea to keep a spreadsheet of all of the links you buy and directories you submit to.

Crazy_Rob, Apr 15, 2008 IP
    atlas812 likes this.
  2. glassfus

glassfus Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, after being here a few months and being guilty of this infraction, I must admit I never read this thread until a few days ago. And today I received not one but three warnings. I didn't know this and just did what I saw others doing, and I used it as a way of knowing I had submitted in this particular directory.

A lot of posters indicate that you need to post a reply in order for them to acknowledge your submission in their directory. Should we PM them instead??

What is the benefit of running up your post submissions? I didn't know there was a benefit for doing this....

glassfus, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  3. Slochlin

Slochlin Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that this kind of spam is damaging to monitoring the true value of a thread - 2 other forums I participate in however have added "Thank You" buttons next to the "Quote" button which allows you to give kudo's for a good post without adding a spam entry.

Any chances DP will go this route?

--------------

I am new so "Thanks for that" ;)

Slochlin, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  4. atlas812

atlas812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's it! Thank you very much. I think if more people knew about this, there'll be less of these problems in the Solicitations section.

Also, thanks for the tip about keeping a spreadsheet. I'll definitely keep a list of the links I buy, once I start buying. But I don't think I'll keep a list of the free ones just because I feel the extra step would be too time consuming, and the truth is I don't think they're worth much aside from one extra backlink.

atlas812, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  5. sundreamestate

sundreamestate Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi dear members of Digital Piont

Today I received three warnings ?

I´m very sorry that I have never read the top tread about the ruls for Solicitations & Announcements / directory links, now I have.

And I`m going to follow it, I just want to be polite/courteous when I was thanks for the links, like many other do, not for get any backlinks from the Forum, (whish I don`t thing can give so much??).

But want should I do when a lot of posters indicate that you need to post a reply in order for them to acknowledge your submission in their directory as a DP member or simulary??

Best regards

//Lennie - Sundreamestate

sundreamestate, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  6. Jeffreyw

Jeffreyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To the thread starter:

If you dont like members posting "unnecessary" posts in the Solicitations section then just disable signature option specifically in this section or just disable signature all throughout the site.

Jeffreyw, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  7. bigu

bigu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about unnecessary post when the owner of the thread require reply posting?

bigu, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  8. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn... I never read this before... I actually always tell them that I submitted my signature link and stuff similar to that... Well, honestly speaking my intentions are not post count and honestly I dont even care how many posts I made... but its just to let them know as most of em are DP addicts (like me) and my site will be approved fast if I tell them about it here straight in DP... Anyway, I guess rules are rules... no matter how crazy they are... (my honest opinion about at least this one) and I guess I have to follow this one from now on...

godsofchaos, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  9. Nick40

Nick40 Guest

Best Answers:
    I also got caught out & didn't see this post.

I am sorry also but when i was adding my site i saw more than one of the same people saying thank you for letting me submit.So being new i though it was the in thing to be polite.I havent posted since the warning but after reading this i understand it better so will now carry on sorry again.

Nick40, May 10, 2008 IP
  10. vinug

vinug Peon

Best Answers:
    Nowadays there are lot of spam posts running there in DP.
    This is not a good trend.

vinug, May 16, 2008 IP
  11. dealtoplay

dealtoplay Member

Best Answers:
    smart to create this section, avoids spamming... and most of the content in this section is of interest to us anyway. I found at least 20 free directories to submit to. Any one of those directory ads in another section would probably be considered spam! awesome....

dealtoplay, Jun 3, 2008 IP
  12. jabier

jabier Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I got infractions today because of post in the solicitations thread ..no problem, as I've just knew this thread :)

I agree that rules are rules. I think it's also fair if infractions also go to thread starter who request member to post in order to get accepted in their directories :)

From now, PM will be utilized.

Thanks anyway.

jabier, Jun 17, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. dj_gie

dj_gie Peon

Best Answers:
    I am no sure if someone has already suggested this, but it would be great if there is a thanks button. I've seen this before on other forums and it stops the spammy posts e.g. "Thanks, Submitted my websites"

dj_gie, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  14. iminphils

iminphils Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding my infraction, for what it's worth, I was sincerely thanking the directory provider. Well, no good deed goes unpunished.

iminphils, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  15. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    Infraction, ok, don't know what it means, it's is negatieve, that's what I understand from it. I did something wrong? So I will not respons anymore on people who ask for a submission in a directory and I will not response in the solicitations thread. But there's is one thing I have to say I don't make many post by just replying nonsens?

Djedda, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  16. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    You are mistaken. I did not make my post "to run up my post count". That never entered my mind at all. I was trying to show my appreciation to the directory owner for allowing free submissions.

billybw, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  17. GTNet

GTNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Would somebody tell me please,
    Today I received 'infraction mail', which is for one month,, I DONT KNOW, WHAT DOES IT MEAN ??
    And what is the effect of it on my ID on this forum??
    And the reason given with the mail is about some rule, which I did not read top thread before posting.

GTNet, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  18. Djedda

Djedda Peon

Best Answers:
    Same question:confused: Also, I removed my sig., with my directoryname in it, because you never know, maybe I'm punnished for that too.:( I think it's strange when you're being punnished when you want to help people.

Djedda, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You are showing your appreciation by submitting (and giving the directory content) and can use the Private Message system and the Reputation system to leave more personal messages and thank yous.

I've seen threads where there are some serious issues buried in the "submitted mine, thanks" posts that people should have been reading - but they were so easy to overlook!
    Any particular reason you didn't read the sticky before diving into the other threads?

sarahk, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  20. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.