1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buyers beware of cheap rates ....

Discussion in 'PHP' started by vishnups, Apr 2, 2008.

1. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I never said you were a scammer, I said i had some troubles with you too.. not that you scammed me, I even posted that in my second post.. So seen from my side even if that was a small thing that costed $25 I did have a bad experience with you since you didnt do what i told you from the begining because you didnt understand or you just ignored what I said, and then when i didnt give up after you show me your "job" and still wanted what i asked for from the begining you ask for more money because the time for $25 had passed since you didnt do what I told you from the begining. You might be a good coder and its really good that you advice toyr clients on what is good and what is bad, but you cant think that the klients will accept that you do as you want and get payed for that even if your way is how it should be.. Its my money and you do as i say, if not dont take the job.. The funny thing is my small fix ($25) could yearn you over $1500 since you worked on tha player. That is what i have payed for now for that site and others to be redone.. and I dont see any ending.. I will continue to buy and upgrade my sites, could you be the coder who did that?? YES.. are you going to be that coder?? NO

5ive, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  2. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to give everyone on DP an update. for those who care:D I was finally contacted by Vishnu by email and he states he will not finish the work nor refund my money unless I publicly state I am sorry.

It confuses me as to what the apology should say.

maybe "I am sorry I paid you in full, was told you would complete it in 2 weeks, and after 2 months I have near nothing and no refund."

"I am sorry you had to travel for weeks with the money i paid you and failed to do my work so I should not complain or ask for a refund"

"I am sorry you now claim to have the first part of the scripts done (1 of 12 parts) but never answered my emails for 2 weeks when after 2 months I demand you finish".

" I am sorry you feel I lack the technical knowledge to understand how come it has taken you 2 months to do maybe 5 percent of the work" (PS, I have programmed with Machine Language in 1978, programmed in Perl in the mid 1990s and received a CIW certification in 2000. I am not the god of PHP like you but...)

last;
    " I am most sorry i read this thread started by you for no other reason than to make people like myself think you are the person to do their php project"

Shame on you and give me my money back. I will work with your problems and take payments.

rockbust, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  3. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    Ulquiorra, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  4. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sorry to hear this m8.. Vishnu is not someone that i would recommend to anyone.. i know he is getting pissed of at me but lucky me he doesnt have my money that he can blackmail me so i say he is a good guy.. He is one of the worst i ever seen since he tries to manipulate you and blackmail you..
    He did the same with my even tho it was a very small amount. i had many scammers and bad persons that i have dealt with from DP but non are so bad and evil as Vishnu, they are at least scammers because they dont know any coding or designing or what ever they scam in.. Vishnu knows hes thing and does or tries to cheat people anyway..

SHAME ON YOU Vishnu if you used that brain of yours you could be one of the most successful members here at DP, instaed now you belong to the scumbags here

Its a free proxy template too

5ive, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  5. rkquest

rkquest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just give him a bad iTrader guys if you he gave you a bad service.

rkquest, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  6. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    the system wont let me use this thread as a link to give feedback for itrader?

7. rkquest

rkquest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah.. that's the problem. If you didn't have a BST thread, you can't give him iTrader.

rkquest, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  8. locjan

locjan Peon

Best Answers:
    peace man! dont fighting each other, fighting SPAMMER, ok :D

locjan, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  9. Gate

Gate Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing to prevent getting sloppy code is to act like you know the language :)

Say you was getting a PHP job done:

Example: ask "Is the code protected again SQL injection?" (Ask what functions they have used to sanatise the user input)

Also another vital factor against script kiddies is too take part of the code and put it in google :)

If it comes up on any sites, take a look at the site! if the code is related to a tutorial or example script of what you hired the coder for, confront him/her!

Also make use of the iTrader function, try to deal with people with good iTrader, talk to people who have paid for the persons work before, see how satisfied they was with there work.

If someone offers you work who has a low iTrader (Like me) ask them to show you the program/script working before you pay for anything, Also do a small bug test (Try SQL injections and entering extreme data if your script uses forms)

Most of all, Use common sense ;)

Gate, Jun 24, 2008 IP
    5ive likes this.
  10. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Some greens for THAT bro

5ive, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  11. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used this one myself...

12. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    That is maybe why Vishnu started this thread here and not in the BST section. cant leave bad iTrader.

13. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
  14. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    Dear Friends,

I have never told Rockbust that I will not do his work or tried to blackmail him as noted by someone. I have done numerous projects for DP members and this was the first time that I had a delay in execution of the projects due to unexpected travel. It was for my future education and I was asked to attend an interview at two institutions very far off (nearly 3000 KMS) from my place. I can provide proof of my tickets. It took nearly 25 days. I know that it is not an excuse. But, please understand that I am not a scammer or have not scammed anyone in the past.

I have e-mailed Rockbust yesterday that I will finish his work. But he is intimidating me. Regarding my website it may not be good to some people, but I hav nearly 10, 000 visitors daily and is ranked No: 1 in Google. Design as some persons belive is not the important thing...but content is. I know what I am doing.

Rockbust..have you ever told the members here about your admin modules and what I was doing. Here is the link:
    http://www.pretkd.com/admin/

I was working on your Modules. You are only discussing about your home page. Once you provide content, rest of the pages can be done easily.

Have you ever told any of the members that you changed servers on the way and it took more than 15 days as your previous server was not supporting some programs. Am I correct, Rob. I have the mails as proof. Did i change the shopping cart program program I did earlier as you need more functionality...Magento installation is not so easy and they charge high for it. Did I changed the design after I made one for you earlier. I have all the proofs.

If anyone is intersted I am willing to provide proofs. Please do not balme me unnecessarily after hearing one version alone.

Rob, I sincerely apologize to you for the delay. It was not deliberate nor was trying to scam you as I m not such a guy. Your work can be finished and you can e-mail me.

I am currently doing 4 projects and nobody has treated me in a similar way.

Hope all of you understood. I am on the verge of a mental breakdown..

vishnups, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  15. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Files have been placed on server as promised. Just waiting installation / customizations to the site for my domain.

Thanks. and hope you did good on your interview(s) :)

~Joecool6101

joecool6101, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  16. 5ive

5ive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

This is how you should act like a business man.. Keep in this style and believe me you will go long..

I do hope your interview went well

5ive, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  17. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but you have failed at being a good businessman recently.

Of course, you can always make up for it, but it won't be easy.

Don't take too many projects at once, according to what I've read about you (no offense) it seems that doing one is a stretch.

My advice: Drop any project you have started recently and work with the people whose money you have. Or, return their money and beg for forgiveness. The last option, and the one you seem to be taking, is work as much as you can, take as many projects as you can, make as much money as you can - but don't worry about customer satisfaction.

Anyway, good luck.

Ulquiorra, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  18. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    Dear Rockbust,
    You have changed the FTP password and I am unable to upload files. Once again I apologize to you and promise you that I will get the work done. Please e-mail me and we will sort it out. This is my sincere request.

vishnups, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  19. rockbust

rockbust Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Vishnu,

We are all people here from many places and we all have one common goal and that is to make something happen. We are the movers and shakers of the world.

I am not unreasonable here and my final goal is to make my project happen.
    As a business man, you need to realize the frustration missed deadlines cause and must try to "fix" the emotional problems also (kind of like a programming bug :) ). No one or no company is perfect and if I would have received the above response early on we could have moved past the problems.

People understand there may be problems in life but it is how we fix it that makes all the difference. sometimes your most vocal angry customer can become your best advocate.

rockbust, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  20. shels

shels Peon

Best Answers:
    Rockbust. Now none of your words are going to repair the damage done to him. This was really atrocious and you are claiming to be a martial arts expert (maybe, i dunno). My brother too is a black belt and he is a very calm guy. He always tells that in martial arts they teach you to be calm and patient and is a form of self defense rather than attack. But you are your friends have been attacking and tarnishing the image of a budding young programmer because he was bit late. How do you account for your irrational behavior. If I were in his place I would have sued you for your defamatory statements made in a public forum.

we are also interested in the issues you had with your first programmer. You are the only person having chronic problems with people. Have an introspection on the way you behave with people. . Rockbust, Now all coders will think twice before dealing with you.

I feel ashamed of a fellow countrymen doing such a unpardonable act. Is this the way you run your martial arts school and train your students.

Rockbust, this issue clearly would have been settled in a peaceful manner. His statement that "I am on the verge of a mental breakdown" clearly shows the mental agony he has undergone. If something awkward had happened you and your friends would have been responsible.

Do an introspection and change your rash behavior. As you told "We are the movers and shakers of the world." but not fighters.

shels, Jun 25, 2008 IP