1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP was good, now its not

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by login, Jun 20, 2008.

This forums at DP used to be damn good until a year ago or so. Things have changed a lot here. DP is not the gold mine of knowledge it once was. Even if the mods are the same and 90% of them are very good mods they cannot change certain things.
    I think most of the experienced guys has lost interest of DP as more and more 14 years olds and new members has taken over the writing. I mean, nothing wrong to be 14, I once was 14 :D. Its just the nature of things. Most 14 years do not have the knowledge to help.
    Can DP get back to old heights or is it lost for ever? I mean, right now its lost.

login, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    prilep likes this.
  2. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    leave if you don't like it then :/

TBH it's still a goldmine of knowledge, as long as you know who/where to ask.
    It's still got good services on offer (although it is watered down by a bunch of crap services, you need a good eye to find a good deal).

I wouldn't say it's lost at all though, merely stepped off the track a bit.

twistedspikes, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    prilep likes this.
  3. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with login. DP quality has decreased tremendously. I'm losing interest myself while it was very exciting before.
    I probably will not leave but definitely stay back a bit and see time to time when I need an answer or something...
    I used to be a genuine webmaster forum. Now there are too many "sexiest girl stuff" or "what color should I paint my room" or even "Obama this", "Islam that"...
    Oh well, sure I can just leave if I don't like it, that's for sure, and, honestly, I'll probably never reach 4200-4300 posts...We'll see..

Codythebest, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    prilep likes this.
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well, there is a PR forum, there is a GC forum, as long as such threads are confined there I do not think it is a problem. We can do our bit by reporting those threads that violates the rules to make it easier for the mods who are really busy with the amount of activities around here.

wisdomtool, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  5. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah..no question...there are he forums for every subjects.
    However, what I wanted to say is these forums were not very full. Majority of people were dealing about webmastering mainly, which is not the case anymore...That's my opinion about a webmaster forum focusing on less webmaster related subjects.

6. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    This is exactly why I moved on to another forum and stopped going to DP as much. I just don't feel like I'm learning anything here. Fair enough, this is still a fun place to be and some members are absolutely amazing but overall its too full of newbs who don't have a clue what they are talking about, giving out of date advice that I hear every day for the last god knows how many years and the best thing... They don't earn a penny themselves. I'm not being a bighead. I know I have a lot to learn myself but at the moment I chose to leave DP and go somewhere else for brainstorming with people who are much more serious.

PS: You are right about experienced guys too. A few years ago we had seo/marketing gurus who made millions... Who did not mind helping others and sharing their knowledge. Now, you are luck to see anyone making more than $100/day.

mightyb, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  7. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those threads are in the GC and sub-sections, which is fair enough I think.
    If you want webmaster related stuff, go to a different section of the forum...simple as that :rolleyes:

twistedspikes, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  8. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think its anything to do with GC. At the end of the day GC is suppose to be this way. I think we are more concerned about the quality of other forums that once were a great resource such as link development etc

mightyb, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I must say that a year or more so ago, I wasn't even signed up with DP yet so I can't really comment on that. But I did learn a lot of stuff in the webmaster arena. Perhaps I am a newbie picking up these information, for experienced webmasters they may find it boring. Can't imagine what it was like when the experienced webmasters were around. Maybe you have some suggestions to the admins of DP on how to get back the experienced batch?

10. RedXer

RedXer Peon

Best Answers:
    Only stuff that bugs me are the constant stream of paypal threads in the payment processing forum from people running some shady business acting clueless when their accounts get turned off.

RedXer, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  11. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So which forums do you visit then?

chtdatweb, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  12. felzafndy

felzafndy Banned

Best Answers:
    wow i am addicted to dp now

was it better than that ?

wow i really will search in old threads to see what i have missed

felzafndy, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  13. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    i think the fact that everything is so cheap hasn't helped

theres alot of people willing to do alot of work for little money which is a shame as it brings the costs of sites down which makes it really hard to develop anything as theres so much of the same thing

pixeladd, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  14. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not going to post the url because I'm not in this thread to promote some other forum. I would not want anyone to think my opinion is bias in one form or another.

mightyb, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  15. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    When supply meets demand, that is the market price. Yeap a lot of services and things do look so cheap here, but I guess this is due to the different income levels of members from different countries. For a member from a country whose typical income is US$200/mth, what they see here may be expensive as compared to another whose typical income is US$2000/mth.

Also cheap things may not be good, a bad experience from a cheap bargain may prompt a member to look for more decent priced better quality service or products.

16. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok i totally understand, although, its all about the freedom of information and gaining knowledge, if there is a better webmaster forum out there i would like to see it and even be part of it "hence the reason i asked for the link" maybe you could drop me a PM with it on. :)

chtdatweb, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  17. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I'm trying to do...

18. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Like in any business...the more competitors...the harder we have to work to maintain the same revenue or more, and we have seen hundreds of new competitors in the digital services field come in to DP.

I remember the days when I was the front runner for a large blog network and the asking price for blog posts was way more than it costs now, all due to the amount of competition.

In regards to knowledge and information for webmastering, there are plenty of avenues in DP threads. You just need to look for them.

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  19. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    The forum is still as great as it was when I joined

TheVccMatey, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  20. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I feel nothing is wrong with the progress of dp right now. May be it has gone off track a little bit especially in the GC section because only here, you can post any matter that your heart desires (of course, within the rules framed by the dp!). All other subforums are definitely doing business as it used to be and whenever anything goes wrong, mods are there to right it. I love dp :)

dairyman, Jun 20, 2008 IP