1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpld deep link mod queston

Discussion in 'Directories' started by pixeladd, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes they are. phpLD's owner knows fine well the legalities of the software and exactly how it is breaking the law. Ask your local attorney if need be.

Spider-Man, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need to ask any attorney's.. thanks for the suggestion.

Asking for help with a free phpld mod isn't against the law in any country... :rolleyes:

btw.. thx for the 3 red reps on this thread losers!...haha
    why do you take phpld mods so personal?? get out side and get a life :D

Brandon Sheley, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    balkanboy and enQuira like this.
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not referring to anyone asking here for support. I am referring to the fact that phpLD making you PAY for support of their product is in fact illegal. Check up on it if you really want.

FYI, none of the reds were from me, just incase you were inciting that any of them were from me.

4. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    Isn't support only 5$? and why do you say it's illegal to ask someone to pay for support? I just don't get it, most script will have a support forum that is usually included in the script price.. Nothing illegal about that :)

I wasn't saying you sent the rep reps, I don't really care honestly.. I've had more green reps for this thread anyways..lol

5. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Just incase you missed this ;)

6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't think anyone is saying that, most of the mods are made and controlled by independents. Take them away and that script is not very good at all which is why they should go out of thier way to offer support.

I never give the red, I thought you was the one who gave it to me to be honest. Sorry if it wasn't.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    Spider-Man and Brandon Sheley like this.
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see this deeplink mod still being installed and used, i think il finally get round to installing it on two other directories soon.

I still like when i can get deeplinks myself too.

pipes, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  8. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    I guess I still don't see the problem?
    So are you saying everyone making nice vbulletin mods and selling them is wrong? Support for vB is 180$ and mods can range anywhere from 10$ - 140$

I've purchased mods for vB as well as phpld mods.. I don't remember who it was, I think Bobby had some cool addons that you could purchase..

The saying goes... Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.
    I have no problems adding 30$ in phpld mods to my directory, even though I've paid for support for phpld, if I know it'll get more views and possibly more paid submissions. ;)

:)

9. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Loco,

The issue is with phpld charging their customers to receive assistance on the 'paid' version of their script. I (and I know I'm not alone) was told I'd have to pay to have a chance of been given advice on how to fix an issue with the script (not related to any modification or template) - directly 'out the box'.

Exactly the same scenario I gave in my previous post. If you bought a new tv and it wouldnt switch on, if you phoned the manufacturer and said it doesnt turn on...would you expect them to say "okay, that'll be $10 for some step-by-step instructions on how to plug it into the wall and turn it on"? That'll be a rhetorical question, won't it? :rolleyes:

mikey1090 likes this.
  10. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    give it a rest now OP has solved the problem

jminscoe, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    and again, this is all over a 5$ support free? Really..?

12. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its actually $10, which some people only earn in a day.

mikey1090, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  13. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that as we've established there is a support charge and from some people's testimony you have to pay more we should leave people make up their own minds on whether they want to purchase something with these hidden costs.

JamieG, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  14. Dawzz

Dawzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there is no support charge at all for support for script related issues.

So I will thank you to stop spreading a deliberate lie. You have established nothing.

You can say what you want all day long but that will not make it so.

I have never refused to support anyone at any time based on a usergroup level.

This common misconception of you have to be a member of the supporters forum is just that a misconception that the detractors have taken and ran with.

I think that people with an interest in a script commenting about a competing script on a public forum is about as unethical as you can get and just goes to show the level human beings will stoop to.

This is the only post I will have on the whole thing.

Dawzz, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley and pipes like this.
  15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Strange that.

I could show you all the exact posts I was told I'd have to pay for somebody to look into it...

...but, oh yeah, the mods/admin(s) at phpld banned my account and all subsequent posts made on the matter (but only after I kicked up a fuss about the illegal charges for brand new, out the box software).

Ironic or what:rolleyes:

Spider-Man, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  16. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    No there isn't, get your facts right.

JamieG, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  17. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jamie just clarifying - did I read this right and you are agreeing with Dawzz? :eek:

Seems like an0n had this on the mark way back on page one when he said

It seems to me this thread was started about a free version of phpld and how to make a free deep link mod made by a third party work on it.

To expect phpld to fix that third party mod for free is like someone trying to get Ford to warranty an aftermarket stereo.

swedal, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    shadav likes this.
  18. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    uh,, some ppl earn that in 5 mins as well :)

which has also only been asked from me once.. and I'm pretty sure I've had support access for over a year or two :rolleyes:

Brandon Sheley, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  19. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Il attempt a finale post and hopefully a mod will close the thread.

If... an individual is moaning so loudly about a $10 support fee which is purely optional and claims to be a business person, it makes you wonder how tight their spending must be regarding promoting their own businesses.

I cant quite get my head around people moaning about things to do with a script that they dont use, claim not to want to have anything to do with either but yet take part in every single thread related to the oh so hated phpld, simple fact is phpld is loved by many, its more established and has a huge user base.

For the record $10 is around £5, thats absolutely amazing, i mean you can blow £5 in the uk on a packet of fags (cigs,smokes) :)

How this thread even got onto the phpld support thing is bewildering as the ops question wasn't even directly related to that.

It was about a free mod created by an individual, thats all.

Im guessing the op is already sorted, done and dusted.

pipes, Jun 20, 2008 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  20. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    wow, another coward gave me a red rep for this post saying to get my facts straight,, that it's 10, not 5$

omg,, to much of a pussy to even sign your name, do you really think these red reps are going to hurt me?...lmao

for real,, 10$ for support, or 30$ for support.. I would pay it time and time again.

for the morons complaining about 10$, which is the price for a good drink at the bar, you really need to get a hold of yourself..if 10$ is a deal breaker for you, I suggest you go get a manual labor job, because you're obviously missing the boat on making money online..LMAO :rolleyes:

Brandon Sheley, Jun 23, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.