1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpld deep link mod queston

Discussion in 'Directories' started by pixeladd, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are unbelievable Jamie G
    That's all you do.

dog222, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  2. VSDan

VSDan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, what do we have so far? A person using phpLD comes to this forum, that is frequented by other phpLD users, to get some help on a 'third party' mod for phpLD; a mod that is 'not' a phpLD supported product. Then, some people out to slam phpLD for either personal or business motives, rip into phpLD and David. A slurry of unsubstantiated, personal (and even profane) attacks follows by certain person or persons who I leave unnamed. As about as unprofessional as it comes. Meanwhile, the original poster is left to twist in the wind - to their amusement as their eyes are on not on contributing to the DP community, but to flame the board by throwing Molotov cocktails. Nice.

VSDan, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    this doesn't hold water.. sorry to say.

This is like everyone asking a vBulletin question should be pushed to vb.com
    or everyone asking a php question, should be pushed to their support site.
    or someone asking what sort of optical drive they should get, be pushed to a computer support site..

This is a forum, this is what happens.. ppl ask questions
    no need to bash the phpld support site ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jun 18, 2008 IP
    jitendraag likes this.
  4. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.. Tomorrow someone might ask people why you are posting about problems with paypal or adsense or wordpress themes in this forum :) Do you think that's justified?

Phpld owner(s) have decided to run their business in a certain way, it doesn't matter whether you appreciate it or not.. people should be free to ask questions related to a specific directory script here :)

jitendraag, Jun 18, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley and pipes like this.
  5. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    JamieG is damaging his own script at all,
    people will find your script by themselves if it's quality. :)

WallaceYeung, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  6. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, Frankly, Truly, this thread should have ended with mhamdi answering the query.
    But arggghhh...the usual stuff.

But what's hilarious to see is PHPLD 911 call ....hahahaha... Good to see Shadav and VSDan...sorry guys...i respect you both but couldn't stop laughing when i saw you in this post... SuperModerator's to the rescue...Ha ha

Anyways...looking at the thread...i would definitely say that PHPLD support is not one appreciate. I have at least 15 purchased phpld license with 6-7 of them being the 75 bucks one. And still i need to spend some another amount to get the support. I wonder if i go to the forum support someday and ask "who is the owner of the script here?"...maybe David will come and say" you need to pay $10 to know that" :( Sorry but i am highly disappointed by the support!

iPod, Jun 18, 2008 IP
    an0n likes this.
  7. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I thought it was rather sad actually that people who I thought were men of their own minds, at least Dan, felt the need to at least appear to come to the rescue. It was as if The king himself called his most loyal of foot solider to come to the rescue.

Maybe this wasn't the case but it sure as hell looks this way. Sorry Dan but I have to speak my mind on this one.

My statement in an earlier post was 100% accurate, people should not feel the need to go elsewhere for support period, sure, its good if its available from other areas, I've never said different, but what has been witnessed here recently has been more than just the odd person seeking support, armies of people have.

@VSDan; Where's the "Profane" attacks? I trust your not referring to me as I've stated nothing other than the facts.

@Loco.M; What I stated was purely FACT. This will ALWAYS hold water. Who's bashing phpld support? All that has been done is commentary made on the lack of it unless you pay for it! That's true, its stated on their index page.

@Wallaceyoung; you haven't got a clue, so rather than make yourself look stupid keep out of things until you do. iPod said all that is needed to be said and speaks for many people, and he never had me asking him to post that either.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  8. WallaceYeung

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @iPod, your word does not make sense.
    who care how many license you bought,
    do you think you will get more support than someone who buy one license only?
    and if you dont satisfy the support of phpld,
    will you consider to use alternative script,
    like "i can find"? :)

WallaceYeung, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  9. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd call it being a valued and returning customer. I always try show my loyal customers some respect by helping out for free or giving discounts etc.

mikey1090, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    He is just giving his opinion on the script and its support. As mike said its an opinion of a valued and returned customer, moreover thats his personal opinion.

This is a public forum dude, if you have a problem reading others opinions/views discard yourself from this thread or forum. :rolleyes:

humm, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  11. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    The solution is simple, buy a script with the necessary features that your directory requires - for me, I've not seen a single mod that I'd like on my directory that any other script offers as an 'extra' or 'third party' modification - phplynx has 'em all.

I'm not out to push it down your throats, if you're old enough to eat off your own plate, you're sure as hell old enough, and dare I say, wise enough to choose a script which offers both increased functionality+support included.

You buy a new Samsung HD TV direct from Samsung (not saying this is possible, I don't know - this is simply an example). It doesn't power up - you go to Samsung, say you need the tv fixed because it doesn't work out the box. They tell you that you have to pay for them to tell you possible ways to fix it. What do you say then?

This is the level of support I received from phpLD around a year ago - a basic installation of the script (with absolutely no extra/third party/alienated mods installed) and a spammer somehow mananged to submit to the directory some form of data which corrupted the database. A well known phpLD follower confirmed this was most definitely the cause. So I asked at phpld's "support" forum, as I was using the latest build at the time, v.3.2, I was told I'd have to cough up more money to have somebody (a volunteer, most likely) read about my problems and offer a solution. Is that arrogance, or plain theft?

Let me tell you all, this is a disgusting business practise. I'm also certain those here who do have some business or legal background (such as Mikey and Jamie) - not only is this morally wrong, this is also against consumer law. Not that morals mean anything to David.

There, that's everything that needs to be said about this subject.

Spider-Man, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  12. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never wanted to make you understand anyways. If you don't understand then it's your problem. Stop poking your nose in whatever i say!

It's high time somebody understood that. Money is not everything. And crying for pennies is even worse.
    Atleast phpLinkBid etc are courteous enough to reward or thanks their customers. All these years i have never even been mailed by phpld for a courtesy sake even.

Sweet and summarized everything.

iPod, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    JamieG and Spider-Man like this.
  13. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously? I've received numerous e-mails from them lately - all asking me to "come back" (for we need more money[​IMG]???) - wouldn't even give them the time of day so never actually read the e-mail in full, but I do know...[​IMG]

JamieG, Brandon Sheley and iPod like this.
  14. WallaceYeung

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @Spider-Man,
    partly i agree with you,
    it's the business mode for phpld where you need to pay for get updated support via forum,
    anyway as a user of phpld,
    it's awesome if i can save the money for buying a cup of beer.

WallaceYeung, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  15. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital goods are a grey area Spider-Man, which is why paypal don't refund on this kind of problem and software companies abuse this loophole. There are changes to the law underway and it could be seen that a contract has taken place, one who offers a working product, the other who accepts the product on condition it works, the software failed so the onus is on the seller to either offer free repair or refund. Or at least that's the line of argument I'd take and probably win on.

It's a shame morality isn't a law, some people would have been locked away for a life sentence if lacking it was a crime.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  16. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    this thread should obviously be closed...
    The question has answered... why do we need to try and bash the phpld support forums?

Childish, don't you think! :rolleyes:

Brandon Sheley, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    swedal likes this.
  17. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This makes the most sense out of anything I have read in this entire thread.

swedal, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  18. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    It's not childish. They're breaking consumer laws and they know it. It's a serious issue and all it'd take is one goal-oriented user with an issue and they'd get a rocket in their asses. I seriously don't understand the owners logic and would love to hear his opinion on the matter.

19. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    pipes, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  20. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    no they aren't...
    they are asking a simple question about phpld...just like the pages and pages of questions everyday that we will have about wp, vb, smf, php, mysql,...etc..etc..etc...

I've already explained the point, if you can't understand, there isn't anything else I can do..

btw.. the "if you can't understand" isn't directed at anyone, it's a general statement ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.