1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what does adding to DMOZ do to strength SEO

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seoworld1234, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Banned

Best Answers:
    Why are you being untruthful? Why are you making this up?
    Anyone can download the latest rdf dump and verify there are >4million sites. What are you hoping to gain by casting this stone?
    What is actually wrong with claiming there have been 80 207 editors that have worked on the project? What is actually wrong with acknowledging all those who have ever been involved? I am not an editor and I have NEVER seen anyone make up these figures. I have never seen anyone from DMOZ claim there are 80, 000 current editors. What are you hoping to achieve by implying the someone from DMOZ is lieing? Who is being untruthful here?
    You know that is not the case. Why are you making it up? What do you hope to gain by not veruifying facts?

Secret Squirrel, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  2. winifred gray

winifred gray Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm simply saying dmoz is misleading. There is no way around that. It says "80,207 editors" anyone who doesn't know will assume that means current editors.

Since they are misleading about that and other things I am assuming they do not have 4 million sites. I don't care enough to go download the directory data but if you do - go ahead.

But remember the data has to be correct or it's meaningless. For example urls and sites are two different things, if one site is listed 50,000 times that should count as 1 not 50,000, and if one site was listed 10 times then later delisted that site should count as 0 not 10, etc.

winifred gray, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  3. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz doesn't need to make up numbers everything is legit. As far as I know once you become an editor you never lose that privilege unless you abuse it somehow. So maybe only 7500 or so are active but the other editors are still editors nonetheless. Dmoz doesn't list multiple pages of a site they only list the homepage of the site and that's it. It's not like google who crawls the site and indexes everything. I think you're view of dmoz are based on your own personal opinions rather then facts.

bigrollerdave, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  4. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Banned

Best Answers:
    So in other words you would rather make facts up to suit your position rather than check the real facts.

5. nisha2008

nisha2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    If i have already submitted my site, how can i know it is there?

nisha2008, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  6. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Banned

Best Answers:
    You can't. You have done all you can do (except whine about here at DP).

7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Just submit and forget about it. No use bothering to check and also DMOZ won't reply to you. Just go ahead, there are a lot more to SEO than just submitting to DMOZ.

wisdomtool, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  8. winifred gray

winifred gray Peon

Best Answers:
    Not exactly, if you stop editing you eventually lose the ability to log in and edit. You can't claim to be a dmoz editor if you cannot log in and cannot edit anything...

You could say that you WERE an editor but it's not correct to claim the ability to edit when you do not have that ability.

I have $20,000.00 that says otherwise. Care to take the bet?

9. winifred gray

winifred gray Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not made up any facts.

10. aksClass

aksClass Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for info.

aksClass, Jun 22, 2008 IP
Thread Status: