1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make Huge Money from Blogs

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ultradesign, Jun 17, 2008.

I've read a post here on DP where a guy ask for some money making ideas for "HIS 10 BLOGS". He make it sound like a thousand of blogs :)

So ... i'm now thinking how to make money from your own 10 blogs ? Neah ... i don't think so :)
    What is the point then ?
    Let me tell you ... yesterday i saw a guy posting some projects and i wanted to work with him on some and then changed my mind ( this is my lazy week ) but i wanted to check his history on the website. With a single click i was astonished : This guy has over 80 projects like this one posted, paid and rated " 50 Wordpress Blogs Installed w/Content and Headers Project " i made a simple calculation and i say wow this guy has like 4,000 of blogs. He spended like 100$ medium per a project so ... 8,000$ .
    But this is not the only thing .... he has also another like 80 projects " 50 Articles Needed Various Topics Keyword Based " and pays 100$ each project so we have another 8,000$ spent, so basically a 16,000$ investment only in blogs.
    Ok ok ... so now really what's the idea of this post ?
    The idea is this : to succeed you need to have some good money to invest & dedicate your time in your business OR to spend hell of the time so you could spend less money. The big players love to spend time & money to make more and more, so i'm pretty sure that laziness is not their strong part like most of the ppl here trying to find the light ... the secret to find the magic fairy world :)
    In this thread i will be very courious how you'll continue after having 4,000 blogs with content and with 16,000$ spent.
    Comments are welcomed in my blog also :)

ultradesign, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  2. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    What will be your next move ?

3. pharcyded

pharcyded Peon

Best Answers:
    Managing 4,000 blogs would be pretty hectic. I'm sure 1000's of them will die due to looking abandoned because there is no way he can constantly update 4,000 blogs. Sure you can work with writers and get them to keep content up to date but this is more reasonable when you are working with like 10 to 20 blogs. I think its important to build a blog up with TONS of content...rather than have 4,000 blogs with only 2 posts each. So if he would just pay to load content into 10 to 20 blogs he would have some mega blog sites that would be making tons of money via adsense or whatever. It seems to me that he is treating each blog as a mere post then moving on...bad move imo. That's just my two cents though. :)

pharcyded, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  4. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with pharcyded. Though I don't know the exact situation, quality over quantity when it comes to blogs.

Ascendancy, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  5. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing is for sure, this will bring money for sure. it is a big investment , i'm just courious how :) any ideas ?

6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He must be hiring somebody do the postings for him. Oner person would not be able to handle that anyways.

webcosmo, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  7. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Not if you automate the whole process, which is probably what he's doing. He's also factoring the fact that some of these blogs will fail in the search engines, get banned, blah blah blah. If he only puts adsense on them, and if he's lucky he makes 2 bucks a day adsense (he's not going for the big bucks at once), and he has say 1000 blogs that are making that, do the math.

flawebworks, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  8. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good point :)
    I think if he has 4,000 blogs and 1,000 will remain indexed & accepted by google and we do the math ... 1,000x2$ is 2,000$ per day ? WOW that's cool.
    What if the blogs will stay all indexed ? 8,000$ per day ?
    I though for a moment this guy wants to promote a product but it is too risky and second he has different topics and keywords.
    I think he has like 20-30 different persons to write articles for him and another 20-30 to manage the blogs.
    This is the link to the person we keep talking :)
    http://www.getafreelancer.com/users/feedback_506585.html
    I'm still waiting for more opinions ;)

9. taylorwilsdon

taylorwilsdon Peon

Best Answers:
    Being "indexed" doesn't mean he will make a cent. Its statistically impossible for one person to run 4000 quality blogs, let alone 100; so either only a few will be successful (if any) or he has a large team, which will decimate any profits.

Quantity is fine, but quality is always the first priority.

taylorwilsdon, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  10. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Alwayes keep in mind the quality when it comes about writing articles we all know that and i'm very sure he knows that too. I'm very sure he's after good content. But ... still there is a secret , something nasty :)

11. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I will try to work with him on a "wordpress installation" project and i will share to you all what's all about :) i just hope to be considered on it

12. verbose

verbose Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a program called Blog Organizer which will auto mate the updating. I was using it in adult with an RSS FEED I created. Setup time was a few hours but manges all the updating

verbose, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  13. ultradesign

ultradesign Peon

Best Answers:
    So managing isn't a problem after all ... thanks for sharing Verbose :)

14. usmanzali

usmanzali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I think they probaly are all auto-updating and there is a software or script that you can create mass wordpress blogs. Like there are softwares which can do this for you, get 1,000 domain registered, install wordpress on all them, and auto update them to your selected niche, but 4,000 wow. I think rather then making 4,000 crapy nonunique blogs, make 5-10 unique, quality and attracking blogs, then your revenue would be higher and manging would be easier.

usmanzali, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  15. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    I've seen him several times on getafreelancer, even bid on a couple of jobs.

That's just it: he doesn't need to get them all indexed, but with that many, he is upping his chances. He's not necessarily looking for quality either. And alot of these guys don't have a team (they might for their whitehat stuff, don't let the shady stuff fool you some of them can be brilliant seo's) just a couple of machines doing alot of the work. They hire someone to do the initial grunt work, and if it works for them, they make up that money quickly and the rest is gravy.

He could also be trying to get pr and backlinks, then he'll flip those puppies.

I spent alot of money on an automater, problem was for me that it was way too random for my liking. I like automation, but I don't want it to look like it's automated.

flawebworks, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  16. vegasb2k

vegasb2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also spend the $1-200 per blog to set up with unique content, wait for them to get indexed and possibly some PR and then flip them for $3-500 per blog.

$100 profit x 4000 = "Happy Times!"

vegasb2k, Jun 17, 2008 IP